Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo

Go down 
+5
Louder
MetalGuy71
the sentinel
manny
powermacho
9 posters
AuthorMessage
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:26 am

From Stephen's site

"RATT singer Stephen
Pearcy and Warren De Martini (lead guitars) have started writing for
the next RATT release due early 2009. It's been almost (10) years since
the last RATT studio album/CD.
More info as we get it!"

http://www.stephenpearcy.net/catalog.htm
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 am

I hope these two guys actually managed to write some good songs the last album they released was nothing to write home to mother about.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:19 pm

manny wrote:
I hope these two guys actually managed to write some good songs the last album they released was nothing to write home to mother about.

I agree with you, manny. I have loved Ratt (and some of the side projects) for a long time and all I can say is they are really hit or miss. But that's just my opine. I hope the next release is really stellar. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:21 pm

Ratt, as much as I love them, are a Greatest Hits kind of band. If you aren't a die hard, there's no reason why you should care for anything else but the "hits" because their catalog is pretty thin. And this is coming from a fan of almost 25 years.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:35 pm

manny wrote:

I agree. I was writing mother the other day and there was nary a mention of the last Ratt studio album. Plenty of talk about their current guitarist situation and Stephen's sobriety, but mom likes to remember them as they were in their old LA club days on the Strip. She said something about getting "Blotz-ed" in a van, but I'm not sure what she was refering to.
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 pm

manny wrote:

My Mother never really liked Ratt much anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:38 pm

Louder wrote:

My Mother never really liked Ratt much anyway.

I heard she likes the Whitesnake though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:07 pm

Your filthy.

I do agree with Spec, a greatest hits kind of band and some of those on the greatest hits weren't too great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:11 pm

I can't say I'm terribly excited by the prospect of new Ratt stuff. Every one of their post-OUT OF THE CELLAR albums had two or three good tracks (usually the singles) surrounded by a whole lotta filler.

I have Ratt's RATT N ROLL 8191 collection and that album pretty much fulfills my Ratt needs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:21 pm

I would be interested in hearing some new stuff by these guys. I really liked the early stuff then Dancing Undercover was a disappointment to me but Reach For the Sky was pretty cool. After that I really haven't heard much, nothing when Jizzy was in the band.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Do they have another guitarist to replace Robin Crosby?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:23 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Do they have another guitarist to replace Robin Crosby?

John Corabi filled the other guitar slot for a while, last I heard I think Carlos Cavazo (ex Quiet Riot) is playing with them

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 9:18 pm

Didn't they start writing like... a year ago?

Anyway, looking foward to it. Ratt's great.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
manny wrote:

I agree. I was writing mother the other day and there was nary a mention of the last Ratt studio album. Plenty of talk about their current guitarist situation and Stephen's sobriety, but mom likes to remember them as they were in their old LA club days on the Strip. She said something about getting "Blotz-ed" in a van, but I'm not sure what she was refering to.

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo   Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen Pearcy and Warren De Martini have started writing fo
Page 1 of 1