Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stephen Pearcy solo

Go down 
+8
brokentulsa
exact33
manny
mikeinfla
glassprison
nevermore
Fat Freddy
muckie
12 posters
AuthorMessage
muckie
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

Stephen Pearcy solo Empty
PostSubject: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:46 am

I've never heard any of Pearcy's solo albums. Most solo work tends to be widely panned unless you're Ozzy or Dio or whatnot. I always liked his song Mother Blues from his band Arcade, which I know he redid about once or twice for his solo recordings. Very much not metal, but it has the bluesy spirit pinned down in it. Was his solo work more pop or hard rock or what?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 9:54 am

Quote :
Was his solo work more pop or hard rock or what?

What little of his solo stuff I've heard has mostly sounded like underproduced, warmed-up Ratt leftovers.

Although in the mid 90s he gave the industrial/metal mashup thing a try in a short lived band with Al Pitrelli (Savatage/Megadeth/TSO/etc.) called "Vertex" - I used to have this CD but traded it off ages ago, it didn't do much for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 10:56 am

I liked the first Arcade album Pearcy done. Not solo stuff but it was still pretty good.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2956

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 4:18 pm

His next album, SMASH, will likely be my favorite of his solo albums (excluding the Arcade records). Beau Hill produced this track:

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 6:37 am

Newer tracks much better than I expected and the production sounds pretty good, at least on these cheap computer speakers.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 8:06 am

Never bothered with his solo work, mainly what little I heard it sounded like tossed off Ratt songs badly produced.

I did like Arcade, good band, and Vertex was good even if the band should have been called Nine Inch Ratt.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Stephen's new album, Smash, is a good listen. The production is strong and the songs come off as sounding quite heavy, unlike on the new Jack Russell's Great White album. For example:

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 2:56 pm

i dont know about Smash. Sounds knda generic modern sounding to me.

brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 1:53 am

Quote :
i dont know about Smash. Sounds knda generic modern sounding to me.

To me smash has a few Ratt Moments..."Shut Down Baby' is obviously Zeppelin and the rest has a crashdiet/Hardcore Superstar feel to it.. Overall I do like the album..
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 12:56 pm

Because I had no expectations for this i'm pleasantly surprised at how much i'm enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2018 7:14 pm

New album. Really sounds like leftovers from the last album sorry to say.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9854

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:22 am

I got the new album. Honestly i quite like it. Some catchy tunes. Need to check his previous solo material.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2018 12:08 pm

Smash is much better and Arcade is a very good album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:09 am

So wow, okay, here we are talking about solo albums and this just happens to pop up out of nowhere in related artists: Stephen Pearcy's latest album View to a Thrill. It's AMAZING but a little weird. It all sounds like 80's Ratt, sometimes even cannibalizing certain phrasings or melodies, but the music is given this dark twist that...I dunno, judge for yourselves. First two tracks, stay with the second for some really off-the-rails shit:

I'm three tracks in and I feel like I'm in an alternate universe.

EDIT: Robby Krieger plays slide guitar on one track! Someone dial up Manny!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:10 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
Smash is much better and Arcade is a very good album.

Then i'll buy those two.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:39 am

View to a Thrill is surprisingly good. I think I like it better than Smash, though that one was kind of cool in how diverse it was.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 am

View To a Thrill has some ok moments but I'm staying with Smash being the better album, less stuff I want to skip.
Back to top Go down
ResedaCountryClub
Metal novice
Metal novice
ResedaCountryClub

Number of posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm

"Smash" is great! "U only live twice" is good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.spreaker.com/show/hard_rocking_trivia_show
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Seriously, I've sampled all of Pearcy's work and there is something absolutely special and phenomenal about View to Thrill, his latest album. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Put it to you this way: it's by far the least generic outing of his.

Bonus: he's vocally at the top of his game on this album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Seriously, I've sampled all of Pearcy's work and there is something absolutely special and phenomenal about View to Thrill, his latest album. I encourage everyone to check it out.

Put it to you this way: it's by far the least generic outing of his.

Bonus: he's vocally at the top of his game on this album.

His latest album is very good. I am lovin it headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen Pearcy solo   Stephen Pearcy solo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen Pearcy solo
Page 1 of 1