Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The impossible has happened!!

Go down 
+10
EvyMetal
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
Addy
XYZ
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
manny
Mglaffas81
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Nazgul wrote:
Quote :
Not everyone is as forgiving as me, as we all know
Now that's funny right there.
When it comes to music. I will, of course, hate you for eternity.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

"Do you like (name of random hair band)?"

LINEAR
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:17 pm

From what I heard of it, it sounds nothing like Guns N' Roses. Idiots and diehards, are the only who will be buying it. Of course it will still go Platinum, I am pretty sure that is it though. It will sell a lot in the first few weeks, and die out soon after, when the people buying it realize it sounds nothing like the classic guns sound.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 8:44 pm

I plan on getting it, but then again I love Guns N Roses and i Dont give a damn
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 9:06 pm

T-1000 wrote:
From what I heard of it, it sounds nothing like Guns N' Roses. Idiots and diehards, are the only who will be buying it. Of course it will still go Platinum, I am pretty sure that is it though. It will sell a lot in the first few weeks, and die out soon after, when the people buying it realize it sounds nothing like the classic guns sound.
Anyone who even for a second thinks it'll sound like classic GNR deserve a Tobasco colonic.

And you should probably avoid calling a bunch of forum members idiots in your first or second post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:27 pm

It may not sound anything like old GnR but if it is a good rock/metal album I will still get it. That's a weird rationale.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:29 pm

Eyesore wrote:
T-1000 wrote:
Anyone who even for a second thinks it'll sound like classic GNR deserve a Tobasco colonic.

And you should probably avoid calling a bunch of forum members idiots in your first or second post.

You know, that's what I was thinking. I guess that leaves only smart people and casual fans. I'm in...as a casual Gn'R fan.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Nazgul wrote:
It may not sound anything like old GnR but if it is a good rock/metal album I will still get it. That's a weird rationale.

I don't find that to be weird at all. If something is good, then chances are you will like it and enjoy it for years to come. I can understand die hard fans of a band or even a genre, but what I can't understand is people who believe that a particular band or artist can do no wrong. Every band is going to have an album, or two, that is a clunker, especially when a band has 10, 12, or more albums in their catalogue. It's just the way it is, I guess. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Ouch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:20 am

I'm a long time fan and I don't think for a minute that it will sound like "classic GnR". How could it? None of the original musicians or song-writers have anything to do with this album. It's an Axl Rose solo project, pure and simple. I'm sure there will be some rocking tunes and stuff that's kinda out there. But I'm still willing to give it a shot. As much as a psycho and lunatic Axl Rose may be, overall, he's too much of a control freak/perfectionist to release a sub-par album at least in his mind. Sure, some of it my be too far left of center for the old-school fans to appreciate and there's probably gonna be stuff on there that I won't like or don't get, but I'm willing to take a listen. The way I see it, if Best Buy really does have some exclusive deal and Chinese Democracy does eventually see the light of day, chances are it's will be sold for $9.99. I've spent way more than $10 bucks for some really terrible cd's in my collection.

Speaking of Best Buy and the November release date, I read an interesting article about how if this is all true, the record company and PR departments are really dropping the ball on this release. Think about how much hype and pre-sale publicity AC/DC and Metallica got months in advance of their cd's being released. The guys in Metallica couldn't fart in the studio without a video of it being shown all over the place. Walmart is practically changing the name of their stores to AC/DC-mart in anticipation. Yet the only thing we're going for Chinese Democracy is some suit from Best Buy telling us about a deal they supposedly signed? Where is the record company publicity? Where is the street teams spamming the universe? Where's all of the billboards, website banners, pop-up ads, Chinese Democracy mousepads? Some may argue that since the album has cost so much money already that maybe the record company won't spend any more in it's promotion. I say BULL-SCHMITT! Anyone that's invested 1 cent in that record is gonna promote it for a nickel if they want to make a dime.

End of rant. Time for another cup of coffe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

Are (Is) Guns N Roses still on Geffen Records or is this a Axl Rose released album? Anyone have a freakin' clue?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:28 am

spectrefate wrote:
Are (Is) Guns N Roses still on Geffen Records or is this a Axl Rose released album? Anyone have a freakin' clue?

I would imagine it will be a Geffen release, since they're the ones who've poured untold millions of dollars into its production over the last decade plus...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 am

It is a Geffen release, and like Freddy stated they poured about $700 billion dollars on Axl Roses's ego trip causing a worldwide economic crisis.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:33 am

spectrefate wrote:

I believe they/he is still with Geffen. A quick look at the Geffne webite shows Guns N Roses as one of their acts, but suspiciously does not have any info on Chinese Democracy. Which again raises the question...if one of your artists has an upcoming release, wouldn't you promote it at the very least on your own website? I have the feeling November is gonna come and go and there will no Democracy, Chinese or any other kind, to be seen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 am

I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a 20th anniversary reissue of Appetite. That would have drummed up some interest for the band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I have the feeling November is gonna come and go and there will no Democracy, Chinese or any other kind, to be seen.

So what you're saying is that the guy who's camping out in front of Best Buy for the CD is likely going to freeze to death while waiting in the cold November Rain? Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:37 am

I am not, Axl had re-recorded Appetite with one of the numerous scab versions of G n R with Moby producing, the x members of G n R objected and Geefen wasn't interested since the original release is still one of their best selling CDS.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
I'm honestly surprised there wasn't a 20th anniversary reissue of Appetite. That would have drummed up some interest for the band.

In that press release up above that I cut and pasted, they are supposeldy re-releaseing Appetite on vinyl with the original robot/rape scene cover and the more popular skull/cross cover. But who knows?

Quote :
So what you're saying is that the guy who's camping out in front of Best Buy for the CD is likely going to freeze to death while waiting in the cold November Rain? Laughing

Darwinism at it's finest. Thin out that herd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:46 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

In that press release up above that I cut and pasted, they are supposeldy re-releaseing Appetite on vinyl with the original robot/rape scene cover and the more popular skull/cross cover.

I never read your posts. Who are you again?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:47 am

manny wrote:
I am not, Axl had re-recorded Appetite with one of the numerous scab versions of G n R with Moby producing, the x members of G n R objected and Geefen wasn't interested since the original release is still one of their best selling CDS.

I vaugley remember hearing about that. I think Tommy Stinson (of the Replacements) has commented in interviews on re-recording the tracks. Supposedly it was done so Axl could take over sole-ownership of the music, kinda like when Sharon had the bass & drums re-recorded on those old Ozzy albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:48 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

In that press release up above that I cut and pasted, they are supposeldy re-releaseing Appetite on vinyl with the original robot/rape scene cover and the more popular skull/cross cover.

I never read your posts. Who are you again?

TheGooch's alter-ego.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:49 am

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:50 am

manny wrote:
It is a Geffen release, and like Freddy stated they poured about $700 billion dollars on Axl Roses's ego trip causing a worldwide economic crisis.

Ahhh - the country is really bailing out David Geffen..........

I'm not a big GnR fan, don;t plan on picking this one up. I'll do the free listen on aol radio or VH1, but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 am

I thought that GNR signed with Roadrunner for the release of Chinese Democracy, Geffen still might control the rest of the catalog but I know i read somewhere that GNR signed with a diff label for Chinese Demo.

Quote :

I was gonna say something when I saw that but I didnt feel like opening a can of Whoop- ass
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Addy wrote:
I thought that GNR signed with Roadrunner for the release of Chinese Democracy, Geffen still might control the rest of the catalog but I know i read somewhere that GNR signed with a diff label for Chinese Demo.

Quote :

I was gonna say something when I saw that but I didnt feel like opening a can of Whoop- ass

I kinda thought that too. I thought maybe Geffen only had the rights to the older material, but according to Wikipedia, Guns N Roses is still with Geffen. I also checked Roadrunners website and there is no mention of GnR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The impossible has happened!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next