Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The impossible has happened!!

Go down 
+10
EvyMetal
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
Addy
XYZ
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
manny
Mglaffas81
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

The impossible has happened!! Empty
PostSubject: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 2:56 pm

"Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date!!!! The CD will hit the shelves at all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS N' ROSES manager Andy Gould reportedly told Best Buy employees at a vendor convention held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10.

Oh, and does this band feature the original members, or is it just Axl and band?

Guns and Roses never thrilled me, but I thought some of you might like to know this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Axl and band...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:11 pm

I will believe it when I go to Best Buy on that Sunday see the album on the shelves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:13 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
Guns and Roses never thrilled me, but I thought some of you might like to know this.
You should have done a search and bumped the existing thread and told everyone...again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Old news! This broke over a week ago. There's a guy on the IMDB "music" message board who's counting down the days, he sez he's going to camp out in front of Best Buy the night before so he can be the first one to buy a copy. Seriously.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:24 pm

manny wrote:
I will believe it when I go to Best Buy on that Sunday see the album on the shelves.

I agree
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Old news! This broke over a week ago. There's a guy on the IMDB "music" message board who's counting down the days, he sez he's going to camp out in front of Best Buy the night before so he can be the first one to buy a copy. Seriously.

What an idiot. I dont see they're being a big demand for this. It's like Prince's Black Album, most of the diehards, who would actually stand to buy it, have had bootlegs of it for awhile now.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I am not sure who is a big loser this guy who is camped out in front of Best Buy for the phantom Gun N Roses CD or the guy suing Bon Jovi for $400 Billion !!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:30 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I am not sure who is a big loser this guy who is camped out in front of Best Buy for the phantom Gun N Roses CD or the guy suing Bon Jovi for $400 Billion !!!!!!

Maybe they're related....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:31 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

What an idiot. I dont see they're being a big demand for this. It's like Prince's Black Album, most of the diehards, who would actually stand to buy it, have had bootlegs of it for awhile now.

What's even scarier is that same guy apparently thinks I'm his private Metal Guru, cuz he's constantly sending me private messages, asking me random questions about hair metal bands ... so every time I log into IMDB I have a bunch of private messages that read like this...

"Who do U like better, Matt Sorum or Steve Adler? I think I like both."

"Whats a good Twister Sister album to get. I want one but dont kno the good 1s"

"Whos better Preist or Maden?"

"Do U like White Lion? Are they good?"

"Do u like Extreme? What are their good albums"

"Do you like (name of random hair band)?"

And on and on and on and on and ON....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 pm

I really don't see anything in that band that causes people to go crazy over them. Yeah, they're good musicians, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. They wrote some hit songs, but then again many others do as well. I just don't get the hype. Must have been born too late.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:35 pm

xyz wrote:
I really don't see anything in that band that causes people to go crazy over them. Yeah, they're good musicians, but it's nothing we haven't seen before. They wrote some hit songs, but then again many others do as well. I just don't get the hype. Must have been born too late.

No your just smart.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

What's even scarier is that same guy apparently thinks I'm his private Metal Guru, cuz he's constantly sending me private messages, asking me random questions about hair metal bands ... so every time I log into IMDB I have a bunch of private messages that read like this...

"Who do U like better, Matt Sorum or Steve Adler? I think I like both."

"Whats a good Twister Sister album to get. I want one but dont kno the good 1s"

"Whos better Preist or Maden?"

"Do U like White Lion? Are they good?"

"Do u like Extreme? What are their good albums"

"Do you like (name of random hair band)?"

And on and on and on and on and ON....

You should ban him from talking to you for that damn White Lion question alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:08 pm

Despite the fact that this album is going to be nothing like GNR, it's going to be huge. Even with the terrible reviews it'll receive.

EVERYONE knows this will sound nothing like GNR. Yet countless people will be PISSED that it doesn't sound like classic GNR. This album is going to highlight just how stupid most music fans are.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 7:22 pm

I guess at one point Axl was considering this a solo album, but he figured since he owned the name Guns N Roses why would he have to release a solo album, when legally he is guns n roses. Though I think he should have done this as a solo album but if he wants to turn GNR into a joke then its his perrogative even though alot of us dont agree with it.

When Appetitie is eligable for the Hall of Fame I wonder if Slash will swallow his pride and reconcile with Axl, And vice versa (Axl swallowing his pride)
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Hopefully, we'll be thrown a few curve balls with tracks that haven't been leaked. But yeah, there's almost enough to make a full album from all the leaks since 2001 (I know I've burned my own). I hope the mixes are a bit different at least.

Last edited by Metal Misfit on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Actually Eyesore if it ever does get released I will buy it, I didn't care for Oh God from the soundtrack to End of Days. But I am looking forward to what Azl will come up with and no it will sound like the classic line up.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:37 pm

manny wrote:
Actually Eyesore if it ever does get released I will buy it, I didn't care for Oh God from the soundtrack to End of Days. But I am looking forward to what Azl will come up with and no it will sound like the classic line up.

I LOVE "Oh My God", but I'll be really disappointed if this makes CD. It was released to radio 9 years ago and bombed, no need to put it on the new album. Just let it stand as a soundtrack release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:38 pm

Quote :

When this came out metal was hyper-produced and really slick sounding. Appetite was raw and heavy and you have to admit, contained some good riffs.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
manny wrote:

I agree

Me too. And yes, I'll be one of those guys that buys it. I won't be camping out for it, but I'm curious to hear this album that cost $80 bajillion dollars and 15 years to create.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:02 pm

i plan on getting it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:
I LOVE "Oh My God", but I'll be really disappointed if this makes CD. It was released to radio 9 years ago and bombed, no need to put it on the new album. Just let it stand as a soundtrack release.
I'm not saying it'll be a bad album. I've actually heard some great demos over the years. It will probably be a really good album. But A.) it'll never live up to the hype, that's a given, and B.) most people will not be able to separate the GNR of the past with this new version, despite it being like 20 years since the last record.

But yeah, I'll buy the album. Not everyone is as forgiving as me, as we all know. Fans can be brutal, and in this day and age where it's cool to be negative, this album is going to create shxtstorm of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
manny wrote:
I'm not saying it'll be a bad album. I've actually heard some great demos over the years. It will probably be a really good album. But A.) it'll never live up to the hype, that's a given, and B.) most people will not be able to separate the GNR of the past with this new version, despite it being like 20 years since the last record.

But yeah, I'll buy the album. Not everyone is as forgiving as me, as we all know. Fans can be brutal, and in this day and age where it's cool to be negative, this album is going to create shxtstorm of nonsense.

I agree, too many people are negative for the sake of being negative (and are probably trashing something they secretly like to fit in). I am far enough removed from the 80's GnR (Appetite is the only album of theirs I own, and I lost interest shortly thereafter) that I will look at it as a different animal and will probably like it. Peace.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Quote :
Not everyone is as forgiving as me, as we all know

Now that's funny right there.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 am

I liked There Was a Time that has to be my favorite that and Madagascar
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The impossible has happened!!   The impossible has happened!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The impossible has happened!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next