Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
thejokeriv
ultmetal
Wargod
manny
Tall Tyrion
skullsmasher
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
rattpoison
14 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Empty
PostSubject: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:16 pm

That's right the most rockin' band to come along in the last few years will be supporting one of the most rockin' bands ever......can i say rockin' enough.

On all these dates...

October 28 - Wilkes-Barre, PA @ Wachovia Arena
October 30 - Chicago, IL @ Allstate Arena
November 3 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
November 5 - Detroit, MI @ Palace of Auburn Hills
November 7 - Toronto, ONT @ Rogers Centre
November 9 - Boston, MA @ TD Banknorth Garden
November 12 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
November 13 - New York, NY @ Madison Square Garden
November 15 - Washington, D.C. @ Verizon Center
November 17 - Philadelphia, PA @ Wachovia Center
November 19 - East Rutherford, NJ @ IZOD Center
November 21 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center
November 23 - Minneapolis, MN @ Xcel Energy Center
November 25 - Denver, CO @ Pepsi Center
November 28 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
November 29 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
November 30 - Tacoma, WA @ Tacoma Dome
December 2 - Oakland, CA @ ORACLE Arena
December 6 - Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum
December 10 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Center
December 12 - San Antonio, TX @ AT&T Center
December 14 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
December 16 - Atlanta, GA @ Philips Arena
December 18 - Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena
Dec. 20 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Bank Atlantic Center
Dec. 21 - Tampa, FL - St. Pete Times Forum
Jan. 05 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Jan. 07 - Pittsburgh, PA - Mellon Arena
Jan. 09 - Toronto, ONT - Rogers Centre
Jan. 11 - Cincinnati, OH - U.S. Bank Arena
Jan. 13 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
Jan. 15 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center
Jan. 17 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome
Jan. 19 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center
Jan. 21 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
Jan. 23 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Jan. 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
Jan. 28 - Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena
Jan. 30 - Memphis, TN - FedEx Forum
Jan. 31 - Nashville, TN - Sommet Center

Madison Square Garden! Not bad for a little band from Northern Ireland.

If you haven't already checked them out this is what i'm talking about.....

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:19 pm

Quote :

Need to check the funds. Sucks that this comes so close to Christmas.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:23 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Need to check the funds. Sucks that this comes so close to Christmas.

Just think of it as Santa being 19 days late.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:28 pm

Whoa!!!

Just checked ticket prices; almost $100 when you get done tacking on the taxes and surcharges. Too rich for my blood...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 pm

I'm happy for The Answer, but in a way this kinda sucks for me. I've seen AC/DC quite a few times and I'm not sure how I feel about paying for them again so I can see The Answer. Maybe they'll headline on their own before too long, at least in large clubs or something.
After listening to The Answer quite a bit, I think what sets them above other recent hard rock bands is the dead perfect mix of Gospel Music into a hard rock package. There are lots of good bands revisting blues based hard rock, but the Gospel thread that runs through the Rise album makes it superior and completely authentic and timeless.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:19 pm

I think they might be playing some side shows.

But your right Sahb about the Gospel, not sure if it's their upbringing in the very religious Northern Ireland or their affinity with America's south through the blues, Black Crowes etc but there's a Gospel and religious streak running throughout their songs. You need to look no further than Preachin' or Memphis Water.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:52 am

Sounds pretty good to me, Rockin' tune.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:01 am

Sucks that this is not coming close to me. I'd love to see The Answer. They are one of my favorite new bands.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:16 am

I would love to go see AC/DC, I have seen them several times but I can't afford a $100 ticket at this point in time.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:52 am

Fargo, ND Jan. 17 I will be there may be the last time to see them so ya!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 am

Never heard The Answer.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:00 am

Never heard them either - guess I will on Nov 15th!!!

I understand the whole US tour is sold out and the only way to get tickets is stub hub or the scalpers
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:09 am

I've never heard of the Answer either, but Im with Toho on the prices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:11 am

ultmetal wrote:
Never heard The Answer.

Same here, but I also never heard The Question.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 am

people in america seem to get ripped off really badly in terms of ticket costs. is there a reason apart from greed
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 am

Would never pay that much to see a band.

Bands (fest) yest, but one show??
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:35 pm

Metallica tickets are in this same price range.

I paid more than this to see KISS on their Farewell Tour, TWICE. Once in Las Cruces, once in Albuquerque. I guess it just depends on how bad you want to see these big arena bands. I personally like shows that are a little smaller. Small club and venue shows are always more fun for me.

nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:47 pm

i quite like the whole grandness of a big show. plus its always cool to see so many people i think
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:31 pm

TheGooch wrote:
i quite like the whole grandness of a big show. plus its always cool to see so many people i think

Nahh. I saw Iced Earth, Nevermore and Destiny's End at a small club. It was a blast. Getting that close to the bands, interacting with them and such. You just can't beat it.

I've seen favorites of mine like Ted Nugent, UFO, Fireball Ministry, Overkill, Kreator, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Molly Hatchet, etc. at small clubs and really enjoyed the shows. Many times at smaller venues the bands are more willing to come out and visit with the fans too. I've seen Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Molly Hatchet and Motorhead at big stadium shows and it wasn't nearly as fun.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:01 pm

Madien seem to be the only big bad that keeps their prices down - I think the seats for $75 for the good seats and $60 for lawn - which sounds like a bargain compared to AC/DC, Metallica, even the good seats at the metal master's tour cost more. It's a sad state of things when $75 is keeping a big concert low.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

Nahh. I saw Iced Earth, Nevermore and Destiny's End at a small club. It was a blast. Getting that close to the bands, interacting with them and such. You just can't beat it.

I've seen favorites of mine like Ted Nugent, UFO, Fireball Ministry, Overkill, Kreator, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Molly Hatchet, etc. at small clubs and really enjoyed the shows. Many times at smaller venues the bands are more willing to come out and visit with the fans too. I've seen Ted Nugent, Judas Priest, Molly Hatchet and Motorhead at big stadium shows and it wasn't nearly as fun.

at clubs i have never seen anyone come out. maybe they do it more in the states as people are more insane here. big concerts are a bit different here as well compared to america. and of course we have the big festivals over here and they are always cool. i saw iced earth, lamb of godf and heaven and hell on the front barrier at an arena show and it was probably the joint best show i have ever seen. literally stood in front of tony iommi for the whole set which was amazing.

likewise saw metallica in september at an arena and it was intense.

then this month i saw dragonforce and turisas in a club. turisas were awesome but dragonforce were boring in the second half of the set.

i like small and big gigs ya know
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:20 pm

sweet, can't wait to see them with AC friggen!!! DC 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:02 pm

holy man those guys wail now Im even more pyshced to see AC/DC 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour   The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Answer to open for AC/DC on North American leg of tour
Page 1 of 1