Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal

Go down 
+2
Eyesore
exact33
6 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Empty
PostSubject: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:50 pm

from sleazeroxx:

December 3, 2010

Frontiers Records is proud to announce the signing of a new Distribution Agreement for its label products with EMI Music Distribution in North America.

The new Agreement will be effective from January 1st 2011 and marks a "huge step forward in the label's expansion strategy" - as stated by Frontiers President, Serafino Perugino.

EMI Music will distribute physical product from Frontiers Records in the United States of America and Canada. Plans are already underway to expand the territorial areas of partnership.

"We are happy that Frontiers Records have chosen us to partner with to release some of the greatest rock bands of all time - on their label you will find greats such as Whitesnake, Asia and Yes" said EMI's Executive VP / General Manager Mike Harris. "True classic rock artists that have sold millions of records worldwide. We look forward to a very rewarding relationship and know we will see true success in 2011."

Frontiers has recently announced the new partnership with Derek Shulman and 2Plus Music Entertainment who will oversee the label development and marketing over the North American market in conjunction with the EMI team in New York. Shulman said: "Our friends at EMI are all real music enthusiasts and we are looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship with them. The North American Frontiers team is gearing up for the first quarter release, which includes new music from Mr. Big, Nelson and Whitesnake".

The first releases which will be distributed with the new set up in January 2011 will be the recent YOSO debut "Elements", the ALLEN LANDE hit album "The Showdown", along with NELSON's recent comeback "Lightning Strikes Twice" and MR. BIG forthcoming "What If..." The first quarter release plan shall be officially announced shortly.

- - - -

Now maybe it will be possible to get some of the stuff at a decent price!

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:45 pm

exact33 wrote:

- - - -

Now maybe it will be possible to get some of the stuff at a decent price!

Just gotta know the right people. I sold most of my extensive Frontiers collection for jack the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 pm

If I can get their releases for $12.99, or like $9.99 on sale during the first week, that would rule. As it stands, the current prices are upwards of $20, and in some cases--Tesla's live album and Stan Bush's latest, for instance--heading toward $30. It's pathetic!

Hopefully this isn't a deal to simply get more overpriced albums into more stores.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:27 pm

Eyesore wrote:
If I can get their releases for $12.99, or like $9.99 on sale during the first week, that would rule. As it stands, the current prices are upwards of $20, and in some cases--Tesla's live album and Stan Bush's latest, for instance--heading toward $30. It's pathetic!

Hopefully this isn't a deal to simply get more overpriced albums into more stores.

I would assume this is to get the albums more widely distributed in the US and at a lower price. I figure Frontiers knows people are not getting their releases new because of the price disparity.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:36 pm

exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I would assume this is to get the albums more widely distributed in the US and at a lower price. I figure Frontiers knows people are not getting their releases new because of the price disparity.
That's the logical conclusion, and I hope it's true. They've put out so many albums I want! Haha.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's the logical conclusion, and I hope it's true. They've put out so many albums I want! Haha.

me too but I generally go an alternative route - Nuclearhell or wait for a sale at The End - and refuse to spend that much on a release plus s/h. Great music but overpriced.

mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 pm

bout time.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm

niiiiice!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:34 pm

I don't understand the logistics of it all, but if it means more reasonably priced music, I'm all for it. Huzzah!!

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:41 pm

It's good news, but I have never had a problem getting Frontiers stuff at a reasonable price. Hopefully this will just make it quicker.

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal   Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frontiers Records Signs North American Distribution Deal
Page 1 of 1