Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Go down 
+11
Addy
akeldama
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Mglaffas81
MetalGuy71
Shiney
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
scottmitchell74
manny
15 posters
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Red Hot Chili Peppers Empty
PostSubject: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:58 pm

Saw only two threads both from over a year ago, just had a simple question, is anyone a fan of these Californicators?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:02 pm

I just thought of this the other day at work when I heard a song on the radio....no. Never "got" this band.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I just thought of this the other day at work when I heard a song on the radio....no. Never "got" this band.

Me either. I hear a lot of potential in some songs but something about them just annoys the crap outta me. Mainly the occasionally rappy vocals.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:14 pm

I always liked how they would combine elements of funk, hardrock/metal,
and punk to come up with the Red Hot Chili Peppers sound, plus I feel
Flea is one of the best players out there and along with Chad Smith one
of the tightest rhythm sections I have ever heard. Also John Frusciante
is unique guitartist who adds almost a psychdelic vibe with his guitar
playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 pm

Mother's Milk and Blood Sugar Sex Magik are great albums. They have other good songs, but those 2 albums are pretty much the best they did.

Last edited by spectrefate on Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:16 pm

They were never really my thang either. I did buy MOTHERS MILK (on cassette) years ago cuz I liked (and still like) their version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground," but the rest of the album didn't do much' for me.

I will say that Flea is truly a bad-a$$ bass player though!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 12:12 am

One of my favorite bands. I haven't loved everything they've done, but I've never dislike an entire album. And I think Stadium Arcadium is a brilliant album, not a bad song on either disc. I know of few bands that can release 28 songs at once and all of them are, at a minimum, good songs. Others may not agree, but I was extremely impressed with the latest album.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am

I really liked them in the early days, their ferocious unpredictability from FREAKY STYLEY up through most of BLOOD SUGAR SEX...was astounding...they could kick your arse heavy style or funk you to death....BUT THEN...someone told Kiedis he could sing...and now al we get are insipid ballads and mid tempo slop....Everything that once set them apart is gone...

So I listen to THELONIOUS MONSTER or FISHBONE instead Very Happy

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 11:40 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
They were never really my thang either. I did buy MOTHERS MILK (on cassette) years ago cuz I liked (and still like) their version of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground," but the rest of the album didn't do much' for me.

I will say that Flea is truly a bad-a$$ bass player though!!

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I had What Hits? on cassette years ago that I bought just for the Stevie Wonder cover, but otherwise, they aren't my thing. I got to see them live once and I wasn't all that impressed either. Coulda been an off-night for them, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:30 am

Their older stuff is all right - But the majority of the music, I can't take
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:41 am

I like them but not as much as Faith No More. Flea is the best part of the band.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:27 pm

I liked the stuff up to Mother's Milk, but I haven't listened to them in a loooooong time.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:14 am

I totally dig RHCP, especially Mother's Milk & Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Last edited by akeldama on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:03 pm

This is one band Ive recently been getting into, and the fact lately Ive been having a hard time getting excited by music in general I think says alot for me....

I love

Zephyr Song
Suck My Kiss
Give it Away
Under the Bridge
Parallel Universe
I like Dirt
Californication
Scar Tissue
By The Way
Warped
Aeroplane
My Friends

just to name some
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:19 pm

They've been bumped up from "Band I Completely Hate" to "Band Whose Existence I Tolerate", so I guess they're okay.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

I wasnt really a huge fan of them until a couple years ago I was bored and wanted to actually see what the big deal was with them. The earlier stuff is a bit wierd and almost mr. bungle like, but from Mothers Milk and on the albums are consistantly good with the exception of the one with dave navaro on it, I cant think of what the album is called. Otherwise they are great!

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:40 pm

The oldest hardcore stuff that no one remembers really is okay.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:43 pm

yea its ok at best. It reflects nothing what they sound like now.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:52 am

I wasn't a big fan of them generally, but I started to read Anthony Keidis' book "Scar Tissue" and it made me curious about some of their older stuff and other songs

Just finished the book last night
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:28 pm

how was it?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:26 pm

It was Quite quite good when my wife read it, she couldnt put it down, shes a bigger fan of them than I am, when I started reading it, it took a chapter or 2 for me to get sucked in but once i did I was disappointed to see the book end. The book's changed my opinion on both Keidis and Flea If you are a fan of the band youll enjoy the book
Back to top Go down
hen8
Metal novice
Metal novice
hen8

Number of posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:18 am

i am not RHCP lover. but flea is fvking kickass!! hehehe
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:07 pm

*bump*

John Fruscianti has officially quit the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
There has been considerable speculation in recent weeks about the guitarist’s position.
Now he’s come out and explained what’s going on, via his blog at www.johnfrusciante.com:
“When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus. There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.
“To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer.”
Music Radar, a sister site to Classic Rock, has the
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers   Red Hot Chili Peppers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Page 1 of 1