Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Empty
PostSubject: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 pm

So long Snowman. Sad
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:33 pm

In honor of the Snowman, I am going to break out my 3 disc collector's edition Smokey and the Bandit "Pursuit Pack" tonight.
RIP. 10-4.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Just watched those a few nights ago. Dude was flat out COOL. Put the pedal to metal, bro.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:26 pm

"Gimme a diablo sammich and a Dr. Pepper and make it qick, I'm in a god***n hurry"

I know thats actually a Gleason line from SMOKEY I but Thats an all time classic...Reed is awesome in it...and 'Eastbound & Down" has been a staple on my Ipod for like 2 years now....

R.I.P.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:32 pm

After seeing Smokey as a kid, me and my friends all wanted to be truckers because of how great Reed was. I'll have to break it out this week in his honor.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:25 pm

jstate wrote:
After seeing Smokey as a kid, me and my friends all wanted to be truckers because of how great Reed was. I'll have to break it out this week in his honor.

R.I.P.

Same here. It's the whole reason I drive Pontiac's. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 10:48 pm

Not a fan really, but Jerry Reed had an undeniable cool factor. He was real... RIP.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 11:28 pm

Hate to hear this. RIP. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:50 pm

A great loss. Such an incredible guitar player. I still have a bunch of Jerry 8-tracks from when I was a kid.
Plus the fact he was a guest star on Scooby Doo once, I mean, that says it all right there.

Here's some awesome playing with Chet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8KBhnebwE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71   Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Singer-actor Jerry Reed dies at the age of 71
Page 1 of 1