Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check this cool thrash site

Go down 
+5
mc666
ultmetal
arttieTHE1manparty
Temple of Blood
Stender
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Check this cool thrash site Empty
PostSubject: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:31 am

Vordul told me about this one a while back, its called Classicthrash.com and is a review site that does a pretty good job of catalogueing and critiquing a ton of great thrash. Thought you guys would enjoy it if you didnt know about it already.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:41 am

Yeah. Don't really agree with a lot of his opinions though, but I guess that is true of any review site.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:48 am

I disagree with a LOT of what he says. I found that site quite some time ago, but stopped checking back, as it didn't seem to be updated very regularly at all. Has he posted new stuff?

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:54 am

I've used it on occasion. Tend to disagree with the opinions there a lot. The writer seems to dislike more than he likes.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:39 am

it's a good review site.

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 2:47 am

I've been there before.

The guy is very hard to impress. He seems to have a lot more bad reviews than good ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 am

Mine's better. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 8:32 am

Why there aren't Exciter on his list??...
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:59 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I disagree with a LOT of what he says. I found that site quite some time ago, but stopped checking back, as it didn't seem to be updated very regularly at all. Has he posted new stuff?

He tends to update once a month. He skips a month on occasion, though. For pure reference value only, I think it's a great site. Though I disagree with him often, it is just his opinion.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:32 am

What are some examples you guys really really disagree with?

I was expecting to see someone way more hardcore in the criticism, but it actually seems really balanced, I think. It's also cool that someone else thinks 'Human Sacrifice' is the better out of the original two Vengeance albums.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:34 am

He undervalues ARTILLERY, but that is a mistake a lot of people make.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 am

When it comes to the whole 'unseen' underground of thrash, I've noticed that fans tend to be very, very splintered in general, there usually seems to be equal factions all around, so it's interesting but not really surprising.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 am

JerryOnly wrote:
Why there aren't Exciter on his list??...

Exciter are viewed as more of a faster "traditional metal" band than a thrash band in many people's eyes (or to many people's ears). They're still a cool band, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:28 pm

I can understand the remarks about not agreeing with him a lot, escpecially for me his Deliverance reviews, and I dont get how he can say Released upon the earth is the best Vengeance album. scratch

Anyway, their his opinions and I respect them for what they are. I like his site because knowing that I dont agree the majority of the time with him, he usually brings up things that I never think about when listening to a band.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:33 pm

i don't think he really gives alot of negative reviews. i think he more points out both the negatives & positives of each album. negatives are just always easier to find.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 7:34 pm

That's what's great about reviews. I never ever read the '___ can do no wrong!' sort of ones, those are fluff, junk. I start from the worst ones and work my way up to the ones that seem the least biased, the least excited, and the most logical, and see what in those lines up with the other two extremes if anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check this cool thrash site   Check this cool thrash site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check this cool thrash site
Page 1 of 1