Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...

Go down 
+25
steelers
kethdredd
DallasBlack
Jedilink
kmorg
mr.electric39
Sutekh
Stender
MetalH
powermacho
arttieTHE1manparty
Follower of Jesus
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Glenn Rogers
Thrasher73
Rex
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
exact33
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Empty
PostSubject: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Limited edition digi-packs, remastered, with all new cover art and liner notes will be released on Retroactive Records. The albums will contain bonus tracks as well. The liner notes are by yours truly! I'll post the new cover art soon.

ult

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:47 pm

Well butter my grits! The day has come!

Any clue about the bonus tracks, ult?
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

AAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!

I was all prepared to say "who cares?", but bonus tracks? What bonus tracks? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37653

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:08 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

So does this mean that soon I can finally get rid of that P.O.S. "2-on-1" reissue of the S/T and WEAPONS from KMG Records???
(DOES HAPPY DANCE)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 pm

I'm hoping the bonus tracks all have been issued on those M8 Back In the Day/First Four Years comps. If so, I'll pass. The excitement soon changed when I realized he said there are new covers on these reissues. That takes away some magic right there.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Well butter my grits! The day has come!

Any clue about the bonus tracks, ult?

On the first album, it will be the two tracks from "California Metal".

Not sure yet about "Weapons".

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

So does this mean that soon I can finally get rid of that P.O.S. "2-on-1" reissue of the S/T and WEAPONS from KMG Records???
(DOES HAPPY DANCE)

Yes. The KMG re-releases SUCK!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Pfffttt! already have those.

You just saved me $20. Cool
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Pfffttt! already have those.

You just saved me $20. Cool

I don't know if there are any additional tracks. I do know that those two will be added. The remastering is suppose to really sound great on these too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:19 pm

Remastering, eh.....?

Grrrrrrrrr, I may have to rethink that. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:20 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Remastering, eh.....?

Grrrrrrrrr, I may have to rethink that. Suspect

You can do that at home with MP3s. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:20 pm

ahh!!!!! I just spent about $60 on these!!!

Maybe I should sell them now while much of the World is not aware?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:21 pm

Those California Metal tracks have been recycled a couple of times now (on the BACK IN THE DAY compiliation and also on the GREETINGS OF DEATH comp), but y'know what? I hate that damn KMG 2-on-1 "reissue" (with my two favorite tracks missing from the S/T!) so much that I don't care if these Retroactive versions have new covers or if I already have the bonus tracks, ANYTHING is better than what I have now!!

Hey, Ult, maybe you can put Retroactive in touch with Glenn Rogers thru this board, and he can autograph the first 50 or 100 copies of the S/T reissue? Just a thought. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:22 pm

Actually, the version of "Attack" on Back In The Day is a different mix than what is on California Metal. I don't remember if "A Space Called You" is different.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:25 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Actually, the version of "Attack" on Back In The Day is a different mix than what is on California Metal. I don't remember if "A Space Called You" is different.

Yea, those California Metal songs are supposedly the "rough mixes" on one CD, and "alternate mixes" on the other (I can't remember which ones are on which CD right now) but to be honest, I have'em both and both "mixes" sound pretty much the same to me.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:29 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
ahh!!!!! I just spent about $60 on these!!!

Maybe I should sell them now while much of the World is not aware?

Yup, the official announcement has not been made yet, as far as I know. Not even sure I was suppose to break it here. Very Happy

I like the new cover for the self-titled. Has a cool "new" band photo on the inside as well with a young Glenn Rogers.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:31 pm

Deliverance must be on of the most re-released bands on the planet. I am tempted due to the remastering but seriously how many times do their albums need to be re-released? I guess they sell which is why they re-release them over and over but how about printing more copies instead of constantly re-issuing them?

Alex

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
Deliverance must be on of the most re-released bands on the planet. I am tempted due to the remastering but seriously how many times do their albums need to be re-released? I guess they sell which is why they re-release them over and over but how about printing more copies instead of constantly re-issuing them?

Alex

The first two have only be re-released once. Those crappy KMG 2-on-1 re-releases with missing tracks.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:34 pm

hasnt back in the day and the greetings of death been re-issued multiple times?

Alex

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:

The first two have only be re-released once. Those crappy KMG 2-on-1 re-releases with missing tracks.

Yea, at least they're finally re-issuing the albums that people actually WANT, instead of "Back in the Day Again: The First Four Years Volume III" or "The River Disturbance Box Set." ... Laughing

Quote :
hasnt back in the day and the greetings of death been re-issued multiple times?

Each of them has only been re-issued once that I'm aware of...

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 pm

or Assimilation: the super duper cuts that never even came close to making the record 9 cd set Smile

Alex

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:36 pm

I'm ecstatic on the news. Been seriously thinking of spending some big cash to have those on something besides cdr's.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:38 pm

exact33 wrote:
or Assimilation: the super duper cuts that never even came close to making the record 9 cd set Smile

Sssshhh, let's not give'em any ideas, mmm-kay? Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:40 pm

Assimilation and River Disturbance were originally on little turd record labels. I think that's the reason they were reissued by Retroactive, to make them available to everyone. The Intense Records albums have never been reissued properly, unless you want to count the KMG things that left random songs off.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:54 pm

Nice job Scott. Great to see that people are starting to recognize your work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...   First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First two DELIVERANCE albums to be re-released on CD...
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next