Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands with misleading names

Go down 
+15
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
scottmitchell74
Troublezone
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
mc666
INVADERS
AchrisK
sovdat
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Required Fields
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

Bands with misleading names Empty
PostSubject: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:44 am

Slave Raider - They are a really cheesy cock rock band from the 80s in the vein of Poison. By the name, I'd think they were a thrash band.

Laaz Rockit - See above, but the exact opposite. The name appears to be one a cock rock band would use; they are a thrash band.

Any other ones you can think of?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:49 am

Vicious Rumors - sounds like an LA glam band or something.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:08 pm

While they aren't remotely in the realm of ANYTHING metal, I've always thought that the band Savage Garden could have been a cool name for a thrash band. Too bad it was taken by some Aussie nancy-boys.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Metallica.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:14 pm

sovdat wrote:
Metallica.

ZING!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:30 pm

sovdat wrote:
Metallica.

\m/
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:54 pm

sovdat wrote:
Metallica.

BAMM!! Right in the Kisser
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 12:58 pm

sovdat wrote:
Metallica.
lol!

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:57 pm

Poison - It's so simple that it should've gone to a heavier band.

TT Quick - Sounds like a hair band.

Odin - With a name like that, they should've been opening for Manowar.

Slaughter - Black metal's own... SLAUGHTER !!!
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

I agree about Slaughter, but there actually is a thrash band named Slaughter from Canada that is a much better fit for the name.

ack
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:28 pm

Lucifer's Friend...evolved into a very happy boogie/pomp band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:47 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Poison - It's so simple that it should've gone to a heavier band.

There actually was a death metal band from Germany called "Poison" that pre-dated the glam band. And as someone else already stated, there was a Canadian thrash band called "Slaughter" before Mark and his boys came along too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:51 pm

There was also a band called Skid Row from Europe that pre-dated the
American Skid Row. Gary Moore was the guitarist of the original Skid
Row.

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:36 pm

Eric Steel. Still like to know who came up with that one, as none of the members have that name.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:54 am

The Pretty Maids did do some ballads, and got a little keyboardy at times; but they really could rock out Red Hot and Heavy sometimes too; more than the name would suggest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Required Fields wrote:

Laaz Rockit - See above, but the exact opposite. The name appears to be one a cock rock band would use; they are a thrash band.
The first thing I thought when I saw this tread. Nasty Savage also has a similar deal: name sounds like a glam band, but they play thrash.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

oh man, I remember this band from the Decline Of Western Civ:the metal years movie. boy did those guys suck! one of the funniest moments from that movie( and there were many) was when they did their set and there were like 3 people in the audience chanting "Odin! Odin" and one of them was that 85 year old promoter. look up the word "Poser" in the dictionary and Odin would have their picture there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2007 11:48 pm

Lamb of God - sounds like it would be a christian band.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:03 am

stepcousin wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

oh man, I remember this band from the Decline Of Western Civ:the metal years movie. boy did those guys suck! one of the funniest moments from that movie( and there were many) was when they did their set and there were like 3 people in the audience chanting "Odin! Odin" and one of them was that 85 year old promoter. look up the word "Poser" in the dictionary and Odin would have their picture there.

Yea, Odin was awful. Though it was kind of funny to hear'em go on and on in the movie about how they just KNEW they were going to be such a huge band, then you heard their music...ugh.

I bet that now all of the guys from that band are wearing little paper hats and saying "Would you like fries with that, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 9:05 pm

Wild Pussy - a speed/thrash band, I'd expect a crappy Poison/Warrant style hair band.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2007 10:30 pm

Pink Cream 69 - Can't help thinking it sounds like an imature "sing about sex" band...not super talented hard rock/metal guys

Butterfly Temple - Sounds hippie, stoner, or maybe new age....not what it is in fact..
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 8:21 am

I get annoyed with people thinking i'm into Death Metal because I'm wearing a Megadeth shirt.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:08 am

sovdat wrote:
Metallica.

Mad sick how dare you!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 11:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Pink Cream 69 - Can't help thinking it sounds like an imature "sing about sex" band...not super talented hard rock/metal guys

Agreed. Worst... band name... EVER.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 2:22 pm

megadeth (i was expecting a death metal band)
the darkness (i wasn't expecting a rock band with falsetto vocals...)
slade (a metal band if it was spelt 'slayed' or summit)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands with misleading names   Bands with misleading names Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands with misleading names
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: