Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The worst album in your collection?

Go down 
+25
HLIM9
SideShowDisaSter
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
ghost
Invader
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
exact33
kmorg
Witchfinder
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
krokus
sovdat
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:16 am

metallica - st anger
alice cooper - trash
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 11:34 am

Like so many others here,I guess St. Anger would be my worst.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 1:05 pm

Probably Metallica - St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:06 pm

Kiss - Carnival Of Souls
Apocalyptica - Plays Metallica by four Cellos
Fate No More - The Real Thing
Fate No More - Angel Dust
Triumph - Edge Of Excess
Helloween - Chameleon
Mötley Crüe - s/t
Accept - Eat The Heart
Metallica - St. Anger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:26 pm

Quote :
Mötley Crüe - s/t

I know alot of fans didn't like this one, and I didn't care much for it either when it first came out, but listening to it again after all these years, it's not a bad album. If you can forget the fact that it's Motley Crue and take it for what it is, it's pretty decent. John Corabi has a cool, gritty voice that was SOOOOO different than Vince, and it works well with the heavier, grittier music. With the change in the music climate at the time it was released (ie grunge), the feel-good party music of the old Crue seemed out-of-place and Nikki Sixx was trying to remain relevant. Obviously it didn't work, and they need to stick with what they know, but for what it's worth, "Motley Crue" was a neat little experiment and I think it holds up pretty well today.

That's my 2 cents worth for today. 🐒
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:33 pm

Quote :
Kiss - Carnival Of Souls
Accept - Eat The Heart

I like these two.

Eat the Heat isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's just so different for Accept that people can't deal with it, myself included. It took me years to get use to Reece instead of Udo. Fact is, songs like X-T-C are quite good. Udo recently recorded that song and it rules with Udo on the mic. Reece was a good singer, but Udo was more than just a singer. He was a personality and the charisma of the band.

Carnival of Souls is a dark album for Kiss, but I still like it.

ult

Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 2:51 pm

I agree that on Eat the Heart are some good songs. But it isn’t Accept for me (maybe the same with Möltey Crüe, don’t know). So these albums are only collecting dust in my CD collection.

I tried to get in Carnival of Souls for many times, because I read a lot of good reviews, but I can’t find a way to it. It is very Kiss unusual.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:12 pm

Quote :
I tried to get in Carnival of Souls for many times, because I read a lot of good reviews, but I can’t find a way to it. It is very Kiss unusual.

I think that's why I liked it so much. I'm a pretty casual Kiss fan, but I liked the darkness and more serious attitude of "Carnival". It's a shame how that album got lost in the shuffle of the re-union hoopla. But I agree, for a Kiss album it's pretty unusual. It sorta falls into the same category of the s/t Motley album and other 70'/80's acts. "Party bands" were trying to remain relevant and attempted be taken more seriously in the 90's. I would say for the most part, that experiment went over like a turd in the punchbowl.

Last edited by on Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 3:48 pm

ghost wrote:
I agree that on Eat the Heart are some good songs. But it isn’t Accept for me

Can agree with that. It's just not Accept without Udo. Of course we know it was the goons at the record company that forced this change on the band, thinking they could sell more records if they had an American singer. They did the same thing to Loudness and it bombed on them too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2007 5:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Mötley Crüe - s/t

I know alot
of fans didn't like this one, and I didn't care much for it either when
it first came out, but listening to it again after all these years,
it's not a bad album. If you can forget the fact that it's Motley Crue
and take it for what it is, it's pretty decent. John Corabi has a cool,
gritty voice that was SOOOOO different than Vince, and it works well
with the heavier, grittier music. With the change in the music climate
at the time it was released (ie grunge), the feel-good party music of
the old Crue seemed out-of-place and Nikki Sixx was trying to remain
relevant. Obviously it didn't work, and they need to stick with what
they know, but for what it's worth, "Motley Crue" was a neat little
experiment and I think it holds up pretty well today.

That's my 2 cents worth for today. 🐒

I agree with you 100% on that one. It was a pretty good album and
I'll take it over anything The Crue did after it any day (though
Generation Swine had it's moments).

As for my worst album it would probably be Devlab by Devin
Townsend. I'm a huge fan of his work with SYL and his solo stuff
but I couldn't get into the ambient soundscapes on it. Mainly
keep it as a collection filler.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17070

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 5:16 am

Probably my Sammy Hagar VOA record. It only has a few good songs and too much keyboard crap.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2007 9:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

I think that's why I liked it so much. I'm a pretty casual Kiss fan, but I liked the darkness and more serious attitude of "Carnival". It's a shame how that album got lost in the shuffle of the re-union hoopla. But I agree, for a Kiss album it's pretty unusual. It sorta falls into the same category of the s/t Motley album and other 70'/80's acts. "Party bands" were trying to remain relevant and attempted be taken more seriously in the 90's. I would say for the most part, that experiment went over like a turd in the punchbowl.

I am a HUGE KISS fan - I like it, not their best work, but an overall good CD. They did go for the Alice In Chains sound on the disc. In fact, they used the same producer.

Everyone hates St Anger - the album would have been a classic if 1) it was produced (need I say the snare sound?) 2) the guitars weren't tuned down so low 3) it had guitar solos
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 6:55 pm

ghost wrote:
Kiss - Carnival Of Souls
Helloween - Chameleon

I can understand that people dont like this after hearing the keepers but i dig this cd alot. It is a lot different but i find it pretty entertaining plus it has some great B sides.

Alex
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:58 am

F5 - Drug For All Seasons... I bought it since I collect anything remotley connected to Megadeth and wow... a total of one good songs.

Nirvana - Nevermind.... haha, lets just say I heard some of their songs on the radio and bought it just cause... that got old real quick.

Otherwise, I pretty much listen to everything I own.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 11:05 am

I think one of the worst CDs I have ever purchased (which is saying something) is the first Strapping Young Lad album. I liked Devin in Vai but this was just lousy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17070

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 7:07 pm

My "Cripple need Cane" cd by Gary Lenaire. If it were worth anything then i would sell it.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 9:08 pm

I can't think of any CDs that I keep that I don't like. I'm not the traditional collector, in that I don't get albums just to flesh out what I own from a certain band.

If I don't like it, I ain't keepin' it.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2007 10:03 pm

I have never made it through a full listen of either "The X Factor" or "Virtual XI", but of course they may never leave just because it is Maiden...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2007 11:26 pm

lol Slave Raider...Wicked name, wickedly bad cock rock.

Defintly Baton Rouge...Shitty shitty shitty early 90's melodic 'metal' meets a poor man's Bon Jovi 'Crossroads'...funny, cause I kinda figured it'd be that anyway...whatever.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:25 am

Tight N' Steel wrote:
lol Slave Raider...Wicked name, wickedly bad cock rock.

With a name like Slave Raider, I'd expect either a heavier 80s power metal band, like Obsession or Vicious Rumors, or a really extreme thrash band like Kreator or old Sepultura. Not really bad cheesy cock rock, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 12:55 am

^ Exactly.

Instead of having 2000 thrash bands in the 80's called Mayhem one of them shoulda snaked a Slave Raider or 2 to end the suffering.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39655

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 7:17 am

I don't really have an album I don't like. If I don't like it at first,I try to give it a couple listens to let it grow on me.If it doesn't , it's gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 11:10 am

Probably Metallica Load - St. Anger
Megadeth- Risk
Anthrax - everything after Joey left....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 1:01 pm

No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom. Don't really consider anything in my collection to be bad these days. I trade em off if I don't like em. I like some old Ska, Madness and all that stuff. The first 2 No Doubts with Gwen is some good Ska stuff
Back to top Go down
Todd Jaymz
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Todd Jaymz

Number of posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2007 3:39 pm

It's 1992 and Roadrunner Records try to cash in on the tail end of the Hardrock era. They release the debut album from a band called Star Star. If they weren't doomed from the name of the band, it must have been the name of the singer-Johnny Holiday haha. What label hasn't gone through this, Roadrunner still RAWKS!!-TJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst album in your collection?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next