Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The worst album in your collection?

Go down 
+25
HLIM9
SideShowDisaSter
Chairman_Smith
Troublezone
ghost
Invader
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
mr.electric39
thejokeriv
exact33
kmorg
Witchfinder
INVADERS
Temple of Blood
SAHB Healer
AchrisK
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
krokus
sovdat
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

The worst album in your collection? Empty
PostSubject: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:09 pm

Which is (in your opinion) the worst (original!) album, that you have,
AND KEEP (for whatever reason, collection filler of a great band etc.)
in your collection? (you don't have it for trade)

Mine would probably be Roorback, or Nation by Sepultura. Still nice to have those two.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:25 pm

ITS A BUSINESS DOING PLEASURE by HELIX is one of my worst cd´s i think. Also the last two DIAMOND REXX cd´s were not very good. To modern for my taste but i still bought them because i always have been a fan of their first two albums and one ep.
Also CARNIVAL OF SOULS by KISS is one of the worst cd´s i have in my collection.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:49 pm

St. Anger and Risk. I never listen to either one, yet I can't bring myself to trade/sell 'em. I'm a big Megadeth fan, so I'll probably always hold onto Risk, just to keep the collection in tact. St. Anger, on the other hand, has really soured my opinion of Metallica. Maybe someday I'll part with it.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 4:56 pm

I used to own Risk. My dad was away for a few days a number of years ago, and he went to the used CD store. He knows Megadeth are one of my favorite bands, so he just picked one of their albums at random. He didn't know it was their worst album.

Well, he tried, I guess. Since my dad doesn't listen to metal, I doubt he'd know which Megadeth albums are good and which ones aren't anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 5:23 pm

Neurotic Outsiders - Neurotic Outsiders

it has Duff & Matt ex GNR on it and the only reason it's not on my tradelist is noone else would have it i'd say.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 7:02 pm

Some collection fillers that I don't like that come to mind:

Belladonna - Spells of Fear

Metallica - St. Anger

Sin Dizzy - Hen's Not Dead

Annihilator - Remains

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 7:55 pm

Jugulator
Demolition

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 8:28 pm

Alien Ant Farm - ANThology - Probably by far...

I LOVE their rendition of Smooth Criminal....and that's it.
My wife got it for me for Christmas so there's some sentiment there....and I can blast Smooth Criminal and annoy her to no end since she loves MJ so much and hates this version!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 8:35 pm

Being a bif indie collector, I have too many bad albums to count! One that jumps right to mind is:

Fenris - Fill the Void
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:01 pm

Lately I've cleared a lot of lame-o's out of my collection (thanks Lala!) but there are a few that I still hang onto for the sake of having a complete discography by a band, like Judas Priest's DEMOLITION (ugh) and Megadeth's RISK (double ugh!)...although those are exceptions, since I have limited storage space for my CDs I simply can't keep everythigng anymore, so I've begun a campaign of "if it sucks, it's gone"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Annihilator - Remains

I actually don't mind this one. Smile
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 2:36 am

I have a lot of crap, but Crimson Thorn - Unearthed and Dissection come to mind as CDs I hang on to, but dislike and never listen to.

ack
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 6:41 pm

Two come to mind...
1. Mother's Army. It was a supergroup (Joe Lynn Turner etc.) that couldn't write songs. I only keep it because I expect it's pretty rare (don't know).
2. City Slicker by James Young and Jan Hammer. I got it cause I really enjoyed Jan Hammer with Neil Schon; but this one is terrible. It's loud enough to mention on a metal board; but Young seemed clearly drunk during the recording.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2007 10:57 pm

"Remains" had a couple of songs on it with some incredible riffing. I think "Reaction" was one of them IIRC.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 6:40 am

Jugulator is awesome

I agree that Demolition is one of the weakest in my collection....
Packaging is cool though
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 10:47 am

Slave Raider - Take the World By Storm

Terrible, terrible album. I found it in some used book store for $2 and I think it's a bit rare which is the only reason I got it.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 11:22 am

MACE-PROCESS OF ELIMINATION/THE EVIL IN GOOD

If I remember correctly, it's not too good.

ack
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 2:52 pm

Robert Sweet - Love Trash
Guardian - Bottle Rocket (and Buzz and most of their non-metal/hard rock releases)
Metallica - St.Anger

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 2:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
Robert Sweet - Love Trash
Guardian - Bottle Rocket (and Buzz and most of their non-metal/hard rock releases)

Forgot about those two. sick
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:26 pm

AchrisK wrote:

ack

I realy like those two albums by MACE. I have them on vinyl and i always liked their primative thrashpunkmetal🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 5:47 pm

The Brave - Trust.... wht a horrible cd but since I have Battle Cries I keep to have the pair...

Alex
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
The Brave - Trust.... wht a horrible cd but since I have Battle Cries I keep to have the pair...

Alex

Thanksfully I heard it before I bought it.

Here's one - Fighter - The Waiting
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:22 pm

krokus wrote:
AchrisK wrote:

ack

I realy like those two albums by MACE. I have them on vinyl and i always liked their primative thrashpunkmetal🤘 🤘

I'll have to revisit this CD then. I think I only checked it out once. Definitely primitive.

ack
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 7:49 pm

exact33 wrote:

Alex

I like this one. Good bluesy L.A. hard rock.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2007 9:25 pm

Larry Norman - Stranded in Babylon

I like Larry but this album inhaled very deeply from a garden hose.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst album in your collection?   The worst album in your collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst album in your collection?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: