Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

South of Heaven...well sort of

Go down 
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

South of Heaven...well sort of Empty
PostSubject: South of Heaven...well sort of   South of Heaven...well sort of Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 am

I'm sure some of you have seen this video, but I hadn't until today (though I knew about the performance or lack there of ).In the summer of 2000 during the "Summer Sanitarium" tour James Hetfield had gotten injured in what was supposedly a jet ski accident before the show in Atlanta. Metallica pressed on and played the next show in Sparta, KY also w/out James on stage. Various individuals such as Kid Rock, members of SOAD, and Korn filled in on various Metallica songs. One of the shows I have on boot, and it's all pretty embarassing if you ask me.

At the Kentucky show (which I almost went to), I had heard that members of Korn and Kid Rock had played the song "South of Heaven". I'm really not much of a fan of either, but I have to say I was always curious as to what this may have sounded like. Well, I now know, and it wasn't a pretty sight... (shocking, I know)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abI8QpWJlew&feature=related

Notice how someone runs out from the side of the stage with a lyric sheet in hand for Kid Rock at the 4:58 mark...absolutely hilarious. Of course once they got to the point of where the solo kicks in, like most NU-Metal bands, they simply quit the song. Anyways enjoy!

The first song on the vid is Clown, so if you want to simply get past that, go to right around the 4:02 mark.
Back to top Go down

South of Heaven...well sort of Empty
PostSubject: Re: South of Heaven...well sort of   South of Heaven...well sort of Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:57 am

Yay! A Korn-bash.
Back to top Go down

South of Heaven...well sort of
Page 1 of 1