Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Would You Sing It?

Go down 
+24
Hamer12
akeldama
Schbopo
stevegarveyfan
manny
TheGooch
EvyMetal
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
zombiewalkin
MetalRob331
Troublezone
ThrashedOutCobra33
Leatherface
mc666
Stender
Metal Misfit
MetalH
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Mattallica667
thejokeriv
White_Mage
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:37 am

I'd use a deep bass voice like the goth bands use.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 5:11 am

I'd bring a new style to the table, and ASL my way to the top!!

(American Sign Language)
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:04 am

I have a new answer to this question. As I said, I've been trying to find my metal voice. Power and melodic metal just doesn't seem in the cards. My range is not large enough and being between a bass baritone and a regular baritone makes it hard. I'm pretty sure if I took voice lessons I might be able to increase my range but I don't have the time right now nor the money and self teaching may take some time. I figured choose what I can do and work on it. I can do a goth syle deep singing like Eric Clayton (Saviour Machine), a mellow melodic singing like the clean singing of Mikael Ã…kerfeldt (Opeth), a death growl similar to Chuck Billy's (Testament), and a thrash growl similar to Max Cavalera (old Sepultura/Soulfly). I've decided to combine these different vocals into a doom/death band with gothic and thrash undertones. This has caused me seek out more doom bands and listen to my current death/doom bands (Novembers Doom, My Silent Wake, Anathema, etc.) more.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:19 am

either lemmy style or james hetfields voice on the black album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:39 am

My favorite singers are Bon Scott, Jim Morrison, Ian Gillan, Rob Halford, Freddie Mercury and Alice Cooper. What I like about all of them is that their unique vocalist, and have their own distinct style.

But if I could sing I would not sing like any of those guys, I would like sing like Mark Gallagher of Raven, that dude has an incredible range, he could sing melodic, heavy and hit high notes, that guy is incredible. Maybe a combination of Mark Gallagher and Ian Gillan's range, Bon's earthiness and power, Jim Morrison's crooning ability.

It is diffcult question so many styles of music I like and many different type of vocalist I admire for different versions.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:26 pm

I really dig the vocals of Megadeth, Exodus, Forbidden, Ultimatum and Overkill. That's probably what I'd go for, if I could.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 5:34 pm

I usually sing a combination of generic King Missile type vocals and low death metal vocals, but my band isn't even a metal band. If I could, I'd sing snarly like Mustaine.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 8:37 pm

I'd go with spit,snarl a la Mustaine with a twist of Dio.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 pm

I'd basically sing like the guy from Scar Symmetry or like Opeth guy. Some great melodic, beautiful voice, with the occasional growl and droning. Best way to do it right there. Cover the whole board. Maybe some "Yeah's, Hey-Hey's, Nah-Nah's, and Doot-Doo's" inserted in there.

TIME STAMP: 3:26

Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:35 pm

If I could trade pipes with anyone it would be Mike Patton.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:53 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
If I could trade pipes with anyone it would be Mike Patton.

Me too. Greatest singer ever. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:53 pm

I would just yell
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:45 am

I am currently a death metal vocalist.
Back to top Go down
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Mystical and forceful with the occasional SCREAM!!!!! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:05 pm

I'd sing it like Jorn would.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:37 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
I am currently a death metal vocalist.

Aren't you in that band Death Breath?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 6:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I usually sing a combination of generic King Missile type vocals and low death metal vocals, but my band isn't even a metal band. If I could, I'd sing snarly like Mustaine.

Just get a cold and and your ready to go.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:22 am

I'd love to be able expand my singing style so I could sing clean/melodic but Im pretty stuck with exteme vocal styles right now been singing grindcore, death/black metal, punk, thrash, and been working on my doom metal roar (ie. matt pike-esque)

but I just think it would be great to be able to sit down with an acoustic and just be able to wail away any ballad your heat desired
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 8:36 am

I actually sing a lot when I'm at home. And I always try to sing better every time! Very Happy And I've found out that I can sing Kamelot/Falconer style pretty good. Or so other people have told me. So I have a good range, but I struggle to actually "hold" on to the high tones, and it seems my voice is at its best when I first start to sing, as it gets "tired" after awhile... Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 am

AngelRipper16 wrote:
I actually sing a lot when I'm at home. And I always try to sing better every time! Very Happy And I've found out that I can sing Kamelot/Falconer style pretty good. Or so other people have told me. So I have a good range, but I struggle to actually "hold" on to the high tones, and it seems my voice is at its best when I first start to sing, as it gets "tired" after awhile... Smile

Most vocal pros (Ralf Sheppers, Jorn Lande, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Tate, Roy Kahn, etc.) recommend that before a vocal perfomance a singer needs at least 10 hours of sleep, drink plenty of water and keep yourself in a humid enviroment. Without those things or warming up your voice you will run out of steam quickly. As I have been exploring techiques and ways to improve my voice I find this issue of rest, environment, and hydration to be very true.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Would You Sing It?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2