Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Would You Sing It?

Go down 
+24
Hamer12
akeldama
Schbopo
stevegarveyfan
manny
TheGooch
EvyMetal
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
zombiewalkin
MetalRob331
Troublezone
ThrashedOutCobra33
Leatherface
mc666
Stender
Metal Misfit
MetalH
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Mattallica667
thejokeriv
White_Mage
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

How Would You Sing It? Empty
PostSubject: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Heres a question for you gents if you started a Metal band (not going specify whatever you define metal as) how would you sing (assuming you had a perfect voice for wutever you wanted to sing)

would you sing all high and waily (i.e halford)

would you sing growly and aggresive (anselmo,arya)

would you spit and snarl (mustaine,hetfield)

would you sing mystical and forceful (dio,manowar)

would you scream and bark (punk/thrash)

would you sing in a chainsmokers voice (lemmy)

or would you screech and growl (black/death/grind)

Last edited by White_Mage on Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:12 pm

You should make this into a poll!!!
Back to top Go down
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: REe: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:13 pm

Mystically and forceful.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:15 pm

ur right this place is lacking them lol!

no those are just suggestions you might have your own ideas on singing there plenty of singing types i left out
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:21 pm

White_Mage wrote:
ur right this place is lacking them lol!

no those are just suggestions you might have your own ideas on singing there plenty of singing types i left out

O come on, one more poll 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:22 pm

Lande/Rob Rock/DC Cooper combo. Powerful, but with full melodic sensibilities.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:38 pm

I just wish I could sing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:39 pm

I'd do none of those...

I'd create a new genre: sign language metal
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:17 am

Quote :

Probably go for that. I just think it'd be cool to do a black metal shriek in random places. Like maybe at the mall or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:21 am

HEY! What about that sleazy nasally hair metal style? angry Razz I guess Halford style it is!

My fiancee actually says I pull it off quite well.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:22 am

You mean like the Axl Rose style? Mad

LOL! Cool
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 am

MetalH wrote:
You mean like the Axl Rose style? Mad

LOL! Cool

EXACTLY! I dig it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:25 am

Hair metal is hit or miss for me.... But I respect it. If you can sing that way all ready, that's pretty awesome! Cool
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:36 am

MetalH wrote:
Hair metal is hit or miss for me.... But I respect it. If you can sing that way all ready, that's pretty awesome! Cool

Oh it's my favorite type of metal/rock. That's why I troll more than I post here, most of you guys are into the heavier stuff and I have no clue what you're talking about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:38 am

screambark totally.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 12:58 am

White_Mage wrote:

yes

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:10 am

It would probably be a mixture of different vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 am

you don't have to pick what I;ve listed there just ideas ive said this before

and if anyone is actully interesed in death/black vox i can start a singing lesson thread cuz this past year i just mastered my black metal vocal abilities and ive read up on this quite a bit. just a let me know and I'll do it up (or PM me)
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:22 am

[quote="White_Mage"]you don't have to pick what I;ve listed there just ideas ive said this before

and if anyone is actully interesed in death/black vox i can start a singing lesson thread cuz this past year i just mastered my black metal vocal abilities and ive read up on this quite a bit. just a let me know and I'll do it up (or PM me)

Havent we both White Mage lol!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:43 am

Like Chuck Billy!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:04 am

A great melodic pure voice like Barlow,Lande, and Soto
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:32 am

Gotta be the Lemmy chainsmoker Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:37 am

spit n snarl..........with the new music Im currently writing it's gonna have to be this way.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:35 am

I've been honing my singing skills and trying to find my voice. I would love to have a voice suitable for melodic rock or metal. I wish to sing like Lande, Rob Rock, Zak Sevens, Russel Allen, or even Jon Oliva but I'm not sure it's in the works (that might change one day when I can afford some vocal lessons). I have many voices and I would incorporate all that I could. I can do certain death metal growls and grunts (similar to Mikael Ã…kerfeldt from Opeth though not as good-still adequate though), rough vocals suitable for some thrash (similar to Steve Rowe, Max Cavalera, Burton C. Bell, etc.), a goth voice (similar to Eric Clayton from Saviour Machine and Peter Steele though not quite as deep) and I have as late developed a power metal voice that is a mix of Tobias Sammet and Udo (thats the best analogy I can think of-you'd have to hear it yourself). I can also do some similar to Geoff Tate but with nowhere near the range. I have recently gotten a vocal help book published by the Burkley School of Music. That coupled with Pro Secrets of Heavy Rock Singing might help me out more but as previously stated I need some voice lessons.

I have a burning desire to front a band and believe that God has a plan for me to do that. This dream is one I will not give up on and I will do whatever it takes (withing reason) to accomplish that. I just got to be patient (believe me, that is not easy).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 9:36 am

I'd say "spit and snarl" i.e. Mustaine or Hetfield, basically cuz that's how I speak to everyone in real life anyway so it would be easiest for me to pull off. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Would You Sing It?   How Would You Sing It? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Would You Sing It?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next