Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witch-Paralyzed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Witch-Paralyzed Empty
PostSubject: Witch-Paralyzed   Witch-Paralyzed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:41 pm

Well the only other album I've reviewed was Witch's S/T so I figured I'd review this one as well

First of all what the heck happened it seems there all on uppers instead of downers the music on here is far more upbeat and alot less doomy than their first album the band seems to be taking more influence from J Mancis and playing well more grungey than doomy the vocals have less of the haunting quality than they did on the first album. now there some good songs here like "Sweet Sue" "Mutated" and "Dissapear" but overall I was pretty dissapointed I was expecting another dark eriee atmosphereic album.

Paralyzed's sound has a strong old punk influence mixed with a little Neil Young style and then doom to top it all off. Paralyzed also sorta comes off as an attempt to have a more commercial sound, not saying that there trying to sell out but the songs are a bit shorter and hookier with more catchy melodys.

The band claims there still "finding there sound" but I hope they keep there first album in mind when they find it. I have no problem with the upebeat sound but as long as it can still sound haunting and eriee.

Maybe this ones a grower I'll have to spin'er a few more times
Back to top Go down

Witch-Paralyzed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch-Paralyzed   Witch-Paralyzed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:08 am

It wasn't terrible.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Witch-Paralyzed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch-Paralyzed   Witch-Paralyzed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Yeah i've now grown to like a few more tracks from this album like I said I'll spin it a few more times and hope It grows on me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Witch-Paralyzed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Witch-Paralyzed   Witch-Paralyzed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Witch-Paralyzed
Page 1 of 1