Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Angel Witch!

Go down 
+11
Boris2008
jstate
MoonChild
candlemass
Den77
arachnoplasma
Andy
MetalGuy71
Zdan
nevermore
Witchfinder
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:28 pm

I wasn't even aware that this was coming out. Sounds great! I just pre-ordered it from metalblade.com

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 pm

Awesome!! New Angel Witch! 11840
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:42 am

Aparently some of those are old songs from the era of the debut and even earlier - pretty cool.

As far that song it sound cool. I wonder how the rest will be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 am

Sounds pretty cool.

Who is in the band these days? From the video, it's looks to be a trio Is one of them Kevin Heybourne? He seems to be the only consistant member throughout their history.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds pretty cool.

Who is in the band these days? From the video, it's looks to be a trio Is one of them Kevin Heybourne? He seems to be the only consistant member throughout their history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Witch

Kevin Heybourne still fronting the band. Brilliant guitar player and songwriter, heavily influenced by Blackmore like so many other NWOBHM musicians.

The other notable in the line-up is British axeman Bill Steer, formerly of grindcore/death metal bands Napalm Death and Carcass.

New stuff is killer, everyone owes this band a debt and should pick up this album.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:30 am

Quote :
The other notable in the line-up is British axeman Bill Steer, formerly of grindcore/death metal bands Napalm Death and Carcass.

He is (or was?) in Firebird too. Great hard rock, far, far, far removed from the death metal stuff he's known for.

I'd be interested in hearing a little more before I bought it, but that first song is promising.

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah I read a blurb about this a few days ago... I think it was on this site: Daily Dischord: Angel Witch - As Above, So Below review

Pretty good song. I'm really looking forward to this. The self titled album is one of my very favorite NWOBHM albums.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 am

So what are some thoughts on the new album? I was surprised to actually see a copy of the new album in FYE over the weekend. I debated picking it up then decided against it for now. It's gotten some pretty decent reviews so far, but I'd like to hear from someone here that's actually heard it.

I still might go back this week and grab it. I like the clips I've heard and I enjoy their s/t very much.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 11:20 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So what are some thoughts on the new album? I was surprised to actually see a copy of the new album in FYE over the weekend. I debated picking it up then decided against it for now. It's gotten some pretty decent reviews so far, but I'd like to hear from someone here that's actually heard it.

I still might go back this week and grab it. I like the clips I've heard and I enjoy their s/t very much.

I got it last week and so far, I like it. I haven't had a chance to listen to it more than a couple of times but it sounds like vintage Angel Witch.
Back to top Go down
Den77
Metal novice
Metal novice
Den77

Number of posts : 3

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 11:59 am

This song is all i heard from the new album so far. Sounds pretty good, don't expect the new album to be better than the debut, but it sounds well produced and it's got that early Angel Witch vibe. Definitely need to check it out!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:19 pm

Den77 wrote:
This song is all i heard from the new album so far. Sounds pretty good, don't expect the new album to be better than the debut, but it sounds well produced and it's got that early Angel Witch vibe. Definitely need to check it out!

It's not better than the godly debut but it would have been a great second album for them. It's good stuff.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:43 am

Den77 wrote:

Just heard some of this on youtube, and I like it better than the original, which I was never too keen on...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 am

Sounds neat, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:08 am

Man, a thread bump. I was so hoping there was something new coming soon. As Above, So Below is a killer album. Gets better with each listen.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 10:44 am

jstate wrote:
Man, a thread bump.  I was so hoping there was something new coming soon.  As Above, So Below is a killer album.  Gets better with each listen.

Me too, I even started reading the thread before I realised it was old. I'm going to go listen to As Above ,So Below now! (maybe the debut too)
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:35 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Den77 wrote:

It's not better than the godly debut but it would have been a great second album for them.  It's good stuff.

Never understood all the praise for that lp, not bad, but "godly", really?
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 pm

candlemass wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Den77 wrote:

It's not better than the godly debut but it would have been a great second album for them.  It's good stuff.

Yup, really  New Angel Witch! 505193 
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:11 pm

And if you don't have it already get the deluxe edition of the debut. The extras on that are incredible. There is also of disc of rarities called Sinister History that is right up there too.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:43 am

jstate wrote:
And if you don't have it already get the deluxe edition of the debut.  The extras on that are incredible.

That's the version I have. I brought it with me into work this week to give it a fresh spin. It's a killer album, but to honest, all the extra tracks make it drag on just a hair too long, if you catch my drift.

It's definately cool that they threw them on there to get more bang for the buck, but sometimes an album just needs to be 9 or 10 tracks with a 40-minute running time.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:05 pm

candlemass wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Den77 wrote:

Yes.  Godly is the correct term for this album.  One of the cream of the crop of the NWOBHM.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Den77 wrote:

Yes.  Godly is the correct term for this album.  One of the cream of the crop of the NWOBHM.

Gonna have to agree. First time I spun the debut I wasn't expecting much. Blew me away. My #1 NWOBHM favorite, criminally underrated, and ahead of its time.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:22 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
Den77 wrote:

Gonna have to agree. First time I spun the debut I wasn't expecting much. Blew me away. My #1 NWOBHM favorite, criminally underrated, and ahead of its time.

I also have to agree with this. Iron Maiden's s/t, Def Leppard's "On Through The Night", Witchfynde's "Give 'Em Hell", Savage's "Loose 'n' Lethal", Tygers of Pan Tang "Spellbound", and Angel Witch's s/t are for me the building blocks if one is going to delve into the NWOBHM and its origins.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 pm

Well there you have it, I never was much of a fan of the NWOBHM...
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 5:54 pm

headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2019 12:36 pm

Boris2008 wrote:

headbanger

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Angel Witch! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Angel Witch!   New Angel Witch! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Angel Witch!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next