Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hail of Bullets

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 4:41 pm

Anyone here a fan of these guys? I think these guys are seriously awesome!! They took what made Bolt Thrower known and took it a step further.
Hail of Bullets 105288_photo
Back to top Go down

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Great album, better than anything Thanatos and Gorefest have done in a while. It would be nice to know that the new Asphyx line-up will produce something as good as this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:06 am

Lurideath wrote:
Anyone here a fan of these guys? I think these guys are seriously awesome!! They took what made Bolt Thrower known and took it a step further.

How so? I liked Bolt Thrower's simplistic grunt and grind death. What do you mean "took it a step further"? I might have to check these guys out.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 8:16 am

I like what I've heard from them.Great musicians
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 5:46 pm

What I mean by that is that they took the simple approach but made the music angrier. The guitars almost have that old swedish death metal sound to it like that of Entombed, Unleashed, Grave and Dismember.

The vocals are awesome. I think this is the best Martin Van Drunen has ever sounded. It's like he means business again.
Back to top Go down

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:42 am

Just picked this up and must say, it is killer. Lurideath's description is spot on and I love the use of history as the backdrop.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:51 am

Martin van Drunen has never been apart of anything i didn't like. Ed Warby (ex Gorefest) plays drums. bonus.

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 am

Still can't get enough of this album! This is destined to be a classic. Ed Warby's drumming is superb on here.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:13 am

It's on my wantlist. What I heard in their MySpace page sounds great.
Back to top Go down

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:53 pm

Maybe Martin will finally get rich? Nahhhhhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hail of Bullets Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hail of Bullets   Hail of Bullets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hail of Bullets
Page 1 of 1