Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hear n' Aid "Stars"

Go down 
+11
krokus
kmorg
stepcousin
INVADERS
arttieTHE1manparty
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
mc666
Lurideath
mr.electric39
MetalGuy71
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Hear n' Aid "Stars" Empty
PostSubject: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:18 pm

A blast from the past....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZktrrqT1A0

Was there ever a full album released with all these musicians or did they just record the single?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 4:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A blast from the past....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZktrrqT1A0

Was there ever a full album released with all these musicians or did they just record the single?

Ignore the question above. I went to Ult's site and got my answer. I should've known he'd have it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 5:02 pm

I loved the song. It rocked. Loved to see Davey and Adrian from Maiden playing on it.

Gotta tell ya when this was released you could only find the 12" single. I don't acutally remember an lp being put out. So seeing a cd is quite a surprise...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 5:24 pm

The interviews they did was awesome and all the outtakes! Spinal Tap was classic on there. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 5:44 pm

I love that song.

I remember a few years back there was a rumor that Dio was gonna do a
second one. Haven't heard much about it since then though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 6:48 pm

i hated that "we are the world" sh*t.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 8:44 pm

I still have my 45 RPM single of "Stars!" The B-side is a bunch of interviews with the various musicians who participated in the recording of the song. Haven't listened to it in years though.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 9:21 pm

I have the Japanese CD pressing of Stars.

Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2007 11:06 pm

There was a Hear N Aid CD, but "Stars" was the only "all-star" song on it. The rest was a bunch of live cuts from KISS, Y&T, and others.

I have the full length "making of" VHS that I still pull out from time to time.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 12:39 am

I don't care what anyone says, that song was—and will always be!—totally frickin' awesome!

The video, on the other hand...
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 6:29 am

Awesome song.... Dio rulez!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:41 am

good song. I had the album a long time ago, I havent heard that song in eons.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 11:54 am

Killer song! I used to hve the vinyl, 12" and 7". I also used to have the video. Now I only have a CDR of the CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 4:26 pm

POWERGOD made a increible cover song of STARS. Try to listen to it guys. I have STARS on vinyl with other songs by bands.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:17 pm

I have Powergod's version, but it is nowhere near the caliber of the original, in my opinion.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 5:50 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
I have Powergod's version, but it is nowhere near the caliber of the original, in my opinion.

Arttie

Its not the same but its like a updated version of STARS. If that song would be made today maybe it would sound like POWERGOD version🤘 Laughing
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:46 pm

I always thought it was cool that Dave Meniketti from Y&T played such a LARGE part of the lead vocals. Monstrously underrated singer....

Arttie
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

Also thought it was kind of odd that Nugent was a "group singer" but had NO part of the solo work. Not even in the clips that were removed (which they show in the "making of" video...). They interview him, they show him singing in the video for the song, but no guitar...

But they used Carlos Cavaza! LOL!

Arttie
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2007 12:19 pm

I like how you can hear Rob Halford belting it out over the "choir"!

I think they could have used more musicians though too. It was cool seeing Eddie Ojeda, but his solo was pretty bland and Yngwie just did too much.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:11 am

krokus wrote:
POWERGOD made a increible cover song of STARS. Try to listen to it guys. I have STARS on vinyl with other songs by bands.

I really like what they did with it. They also got different singers helping them out. Like Doro...

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:19 am

kmorg wrote:
krokus wrote:

I really like what they did with it. They also got different singers helping them out. Like Doro...

...and Rob Rock. 🤘
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Hail!   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2007 11:38 am

"Stars" is an awesome tune!🤘
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2007 6:44 pm

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Also thought it was kind of odd that Nugent was a "group singer" but had NO part of the solo work. Not even in the clips that were removed (which they show in the "making of" video...). They interview him, they show him singing in the video for the song, but no guitar...

But they used Carlos Cavaza! LOL!

Arttie

I had the LP back in the day and I remember the 'Making of" video - I remember how cool it was hearing the different singers belting out the words without the music playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2007 12:02 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I like how you can hear Rob Halford belting it out over the "choir"!

I think they could have used more musicians though too. It was cool seeing Eddie Ojeda, but his solo was pretty bland and Yngwie just did too much.

Trivia: In the radio edit of the song, Dio only kept Neal Schon & Craig Goldie's solos...all the others were edited out...and Vivian was his guitarist at the time.

I love the Spinal Tap bit..."Who is this Yeeng-Wee J. Malmsteen character?" Laughing "I'm so glad he put the J in his name, so as not to confuse him wit' all the other Yeeng-Wee Malmsteen's in the world...."
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39564

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2007 7:06 am

I've always thought Stars was an awesome song. I was disappointed though to find the contributing artists had submitted live material. It would have been much better if they would have done songs exclusive to Hear 'N' Aid.Now that would have been an incredible release !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hear n' Aid "Stars"   Hear n' Aid "Stars" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hear n' Aid "Stars"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next