Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?

Go down 
+15
arttieTHE1manparty
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
Skysplitter
the sentinel
zombiewalkin
Louder
HellRaiser
MetalRob331
SAHB Healer
metalheaded
Lurideath
Stender
Damien Solta
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Sitting here listening to the first Yngwie solo album, which is mostly instrumental, and what a great album it is. Lots of nostalgia attached to it for me. I purchased it as a new release, having already been a fan of Yngwie in Steeler and Alcatrazz. I even saw Alcatrazz with Yngwie, opening for Ted Nugent. Also saw Yngwie at a small club in Pennsylvania touring for the first Rising Force album. Anyhow, as much as I like or love some of his other solo CDs, the first one has always remained my favorite.

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 pm

My favorite is Trilogy. That album is one of my top 5 favorite of all time, all genres. Perfect album!

My close 2nd favorite is Odyssey. That is the closest to a Rainbow album he ever got. Smile

But I like all of Yngwie's work, he's one of my very favorites.
Back to top Go down
Damien Solta
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: So many to choose from   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:21 pm

Ever since I saw some of the Yngwie stuff on Ult's site I looked into it, and now I"m a huge fan. Out of all the Albums I own, Double Live is my fave, with Concerto Suite For Electric Guitar And Orchestra In E Flat Minor comeing in second (I'm a huge fan of Orchestras, and Malmsteen makes everything better).
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Trilogy and fire and ice are mine.

I love that legend of Zelda theme he covers, cant remember what album that one is...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:51 pm

I like the 1st 4 albums alot. My favorite being Trilogy. But Rising Force kills and comes in 2nd!
Back to top Go down
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 pm

The first 4.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm

I'm a minority, but my favorite is "Fire & Ice". Yeah, "Teaser" is an extremely cheesy song, but the rest of the album comes across as dark and apocalyptic (for Yngwie); and I really like it. I don't really understand why it was so poorly recieved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:07 pm

I don't like Fire & Ice because it just sort of drdges along slowly, but I can see why some would like that.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:10 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I don't like Fire & Ice because it just sort of drdges along slowly, but I can see why some would like that.

Fair enough, but that's why I like it. Not so much OTT shredding as some of the others.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Rising Force would be my favorite cd from him not a bad song on there. But if i had to pick one it would be the Yngwie Malmsteen Collection that is one great best of cd, Odyssey is a close 3rd..
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah, I use The Collection as a nice way of cheating on this question too. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:06 pm

As much as I love Yngwie and have all his albums, I have to be honest and say really only his first 5 albums are essential. Rising Force through Eclipse.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:47 am

I only own the first one, so I'll have to go with that one. Smile
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 7:52 am

Rising Force. I like most of his stuff, but he's never topped this one.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:44 am

Rising Force for me. I heard Icarus Suite on the radio late one night on a metal show and my jaw literally hit the floor. To me that album has everything musically. It has ripping riffs and solos, there are passages that are musically haunting and the mood that album puts out is one of a kind.

You just cant go wrong with the first 4 albums. I think Malmsteen did very well with Alchemy too. He did wise to include that under the "Yngwie Malmsteen's Rising Force" moniker since it kinda captures the feel of the first four albums.

The man is incredible live. The last time I saw him was on the Unleash The Fury tour. I was right in front of his pedal board.......which was so cool to be that close to it. I could have tweaked his settings I was so close LOL. He was very cool backstage too. He seems to have humbled himself in that last few years.....which is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:04 pm

I am going with Marching Out and Odyssey as a very close second (due to JLT's vox). That cassette got played ALOT my freshman year of high school.
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:37 pm

Marching Out and His Debut

Both great, great albums. 🤘

Lets hope the new CD with Ripper is going to be good, and not like "Unleash the Fury", which was HORRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:44 am

1st
2nd
and last one is 7th Sign
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm

From a nostalgia standpoint, I would have to say "Trilogy". It was the first album that I ever got of Yngwie. I used to play that tape all the time in the car during that time. I haven't really heard much from the early 90's on, so I'm not sure?
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 12:00 am

I love Facing The Animal and Seventh Sign as well, both of which get overlooked, in my opinion. Same with Fire and Ice.

To be fair, I am a huge Malmsteen mark, however, and don't really think he has released anything bad. I have everthing that I am aware of, and enjoy it all.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 11:21 am

The first 3 albums are my favorites. I haven't heard much of his recent releases.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:04 am

Eclipse is my favorite, with Fire and Ice a close second. I like all of his stuff, though, up to and including the Concerto Suite. I enjoy the lyrics the most on Eclipse and Fire and Ice, and Goran Edman is my favorite Yngwie vocalist. Facing The Animal gets a close third place for me, but I don't enjoy the singer's tone as much as Edman. Double Live and Trial By Fire are also extremely awesome!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 3:49 am

The first one, Odyssey (because Joe Lynn Turner helped him to accomplish actual SONGS)...and a few tracks off Trilogy. That's more than enough Yngwie for me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 1:18 pm

Odyssey
Marching Out
Trilogy
Rising Force
Facing The Animal

*Eclipse
*Inspiration
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 8:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Sitting here listening to the first Yngwie solo album, which is mostly instrumental, and what a great album it is. Lots of nostalgia attached to it for me. I purchased it as a new release, having already been a fan of Yngwie in Steeler and Alcatrazz. I even saw Alcatrazz with Yngwie, opening for Ted Nugent. Also saw Yngwie at a small club in Pennsylvania touring for the first Rising Force album. Anyhow, as much as I like or love some of his other solo CDs, the first one has always remained my favorite.

I've always thought his first album was his best. Friends of mine always liked the Joe Lynn turner stuff, but Rising Force just smokes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums?   Favorite YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next