Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yngwie Albums

Go down 
+4
iamrockerfun
krokus
the sentinel
ultmetal
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:18 pm

I have all of Yngwie Malmsteen's solo releases up through Eclipse and love them all. I am wanting to expand my Yngwie collection with albums released after Eclipse. I have heard there are some real stinkers. Anyone have suggestions for great Yngwie albums to purchase?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 5:22 pm

I don't know, I think Yngwie has been pretty consistant. If you like his style of guitar playing and song writing, I can't really see how anyonce can say he released any stinkers. The classical albums might be hard to digest if you are not into classical music and orchestras. Otherwise, it all Yngwie.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2007 9:38 pm

I have 12 totla Yngwie's and 6 from Eclipse on. I loke Facing the Animal the best and the Inspiration one where he covers DP and Rainbow songs. Just be sure to avoid the one with the Frank Frazetta painting on the cover. The mastering/production value is so bad you can barely hear the music. I'm glad I only paid $4 for a used copy. Peace.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 1:38 pm

Yes, FACE THE ANIMAL is good. I also love the two YNGWIE MALMSTEEN albums with MIKE VESCERA(THE SEVENTH SIGN and MAGNUM OPUS).
ALCHEMY was still okay but dont buy WAR TO END ALL WARS(very bad sound and no good songs), same with ATTACK.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2007 5:26 pm

7th Sign and Concerto for Group Orchestra and of cors 1st album.
Best of the best
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2007 7:06 pm

Yeah, just keep going. Fire and Ice has a bad reputation (due to the poodle song Teaser?); but it's a great album otherwise. Anything up to War to End all Wars is classic.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 2:54 pm

I like FIRE AND ICE too but i think the ones i named before are better albums.
Back to top Go down

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2007 10:18 pm

Thanks, guys.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 6:51 am

I like the Mike Vescra albums the best: Seventh Sign and Magnus Opus. Facing The Animal's title track is one of my favorite Yngwie 90's songs.

I agree with Ultmetal...The albums are pretty consistant overall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2007 7:22 am

I only have Attack!! Great album although a bit samey at times. Some killer tracks on there though.

Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 am

Guest wrote:
I have all of Yngwie Malmsteen's solo releases up through Eclipse and love them all. I am wanting to expand my Yngwie collection with albums released after Eclipse. I have heard there are some real stinkers. Anyone have suggestions for great Yngwie albums to purchase?

Like everyone else had said, all of his stuff is good. Yngwie is very consistent. He never sampled the grunge/alternative sound in the nineties. Then again, how could he have? The song "Faultline" on Eclipse is the only Yngwie song that I know of that doesn't have his signature lightning technique soloing.

Some recommendations: If you like Eclipse, go ahead and get Fire and Ice. This album is unfairly bashed because of "Teaser", the song that sounds like it belongs on a Winger album. He still does kick ass shredding on this tune, though, and throughout the whole album. The instrumental "Perpetual" kicks total tail, and "How Many Miles To Babylon" is simultaneously beautiful and ballsy, a ballad as only Yngwie can do them.

Facing the Animal: Get This One!!!!To awesome for words.

Magnum Opus: If you enjoy Marching Out, you will love this album. Singer is awesome beyond belief. He sounds like a combination of Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins and Dennis DeYoung of Styx, but far ballsier than either. The tunes are hard and total balls to the wall like on Marching Out, but combine this ballsiness with a melodic beauty along the lines of the tunes on Eclipse. If a steamroller had the elegance of a Rolls Royce and the performance of a Vette, you would have the motorized version of Magnum Opus!!

Concerto Suite: IF you appreciate classical, get this one. Yngwie kicks total tail here classical style, like Andres Segovia, but does so mostly plugged in. Yngwie proves here that he can play classical any time he wants, and can hold his own even among the masters. This is a true concerto, with Yngwie playing the solo part, like any classically trained instrumentalist, and doing it better than most classical artists.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yngwie Albums Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yngwie Albums   Yngwie Albums Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yngwie Albums
Page 1 of 1