Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)

Go down 
+4
kmorg
ultmetal
INVADERS
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 11:55 am

Anyone here know anything about this item that I have scanned below ? it's framed and has a stand on the back if you don't want to hang it, now I have never seen another one of these before, does anyone else have one ? I've resized it, it's about an A4 size without the frame.

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Maiden[/img]
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:19 pm

Never seen one before but that looks like one heck of a cool collectible!!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:30 pm

i don't have it, but i've seen it at many collector's sites and conventions...

i'm an avid maiden collector... and that's one thing i'd love to own
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 12:34 pm

Looks very cool. Never seen one before. Where did you get it?

ult

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:08 pm

I think my friend has an even more rare Iron Maiden itme, linked to this one. He owns no les then 3 copies of the regular double CD version, but here is the catch: CD #2, while having the correct print on the CD and all, contains musically a CD-single by the former singer of The Bangles!!!

He bought it as a new release, and when he discovered the error, he fled back to the shop and told them about it. "Well, we will of course replace it", said the lady behind the counter, wheras my friend said: "replace it? I want to buy more of them!!!" He ended up listening through all the cpies they had in the store, and found 5 of those misprints. He bought them all, and gave 2 of them to his brother. He has never found anyone else in the world who own one of them..

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:20 pm

kmorg, that sounds like a factory error. I've seen that happen before.

One time at Robert's Bible Bookstore he sold a lady a southern gospel CD. The CD was printed correctly but what was actually one the CD was S.O.D. Speak English or Die. Robert gave it to me and asked if I knew the band on the CD, which of course I did. I gave it back to him. Wonder if he still has it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 1:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:

One time at Robert's Bible Bookstore he sold a lady a southern gospel CD. The CD was printed correctly but what was actually one the CD was S.O.D. Speak English or Die. Robert gave it to me and asked if I knew the band on the CD, which of course I did. I gave it back to him. Wonder if he still has it.

Yes, and that makes them rare! There also exists a version of Ride The Lighning, with Metallica, on vinyl where the B-side plys French Christmas carols! That one is also very rare.

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:10 pm

I bought an 8 Track of Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun and it had
Sugarhill Gang recorded on it. I am glad I DON'T have that one
anymore.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:17 pm

I remember hearing a story years back about a batch of Frank Sinatra CDs were mistakenly pressed with the soundtrack to the Sex Pistols movie "Sid and Nancy" on 'em ... I bet that caused a few coronaries at rest homes huh??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2007 2:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
I bought an 8 Track of Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun and it had
Sugarhill Gang recorded on it. I am glad I DON'T have that one
anymore.
`

I never did offically thank you for sending me that as a freebie.

Cheers.

ULT :

I bought it back in '96 in HMV in Dublin, cost £29.99 (that was before the came in) I had forgotten all about it until I came accross it in a box with some CDs and demos etc.... this morning.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 8:58 pm

That is a very cool item indeed. I would venture to say it's simply (if that's one should say about that item) a numbered/signed copy of Best of the Beast. Framed and all. I've never seen one either, but considering when this disc was released It was probably designed to help the faithfull get excited about a greatest hits package.

Remember they did release that set in Three Versions... A vinyl set with a cool book (held it in my hand, kicking myself as I write this.....) and two versions of the CD.. 1 Disc and limited edition 2 Disc.

Y'know Maiden is always doing something cool like this. Heck at this point all I'd like is to get a copy of 'Best of The B'Sides" and Maybe a CDR of the Soundhouse Tapes...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2007 9:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:36 pm

man i wish i had one of those although a number of the beast one would have been beter
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2007 3:00 am

I had the double CD verision but they got too scratched up (I don't know how, usually I'm very careful with my discs) so I don't have them anymore but I still have the booklet (with all the cool pictures, artwork, and family tree) that they came in.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)   Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast  question (rare item) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast question (rare item)
Page 1 of 1