Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)

Go down 
+3
Boris2008
the sentinel
glassprison
7 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 11:07 pm

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clansman
The Trooper
Revelations
For the Greater Good of God
The Wicker Man
Sign of the Cross
Flight of Icarus (first time since 1986)
Fear of the Dark
Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden
---
The Evil that Men Do
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills

I really can't wait to see this tour when it comes through the U.S.! I'm really surprised to see two Blaze-era songs back in the set. They sounded great with Bruce on vocals on the first tours they did after the reunion. This is a great mix of rarities, classics, and a couple of post-reunion songs. Maiden have to be commended for doing more with their setlist than any other band out there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2018 11:21 pm

That is a great set list. I am all for a band doing whatever "they" want with their set list as they are their songs. When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one. I guess when you have been around for 3 plus decades and are still actively touring like a lot of the NWOBHM stalwarts, you have a wide variety of songs to choose from and can pretty much do whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 2:13 am

Yeah, it makes me want to see them every time they come through because I know it's going to be a totally different experience. Last year's set was dominated by The Book of Souls, and now lots of stuff they haven't played in a while. They certainly keep it interesting for their fans and put the lie to the notion so often touted by other bands who say that there would be outrage if they changed their set at all (omitting a hit here or there).
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2018 7:04 am

Seems bizarre to me that they would not play one of their stone cold classics for 32 years!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2018 9:02 pm

Flight Of Icarus ? Number Of The Beast ? Iron Maiden ? That set list makes me happy just with those 3.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 4:02 pm

Great set list!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2018 5:09 pm

Aside from "Wicker Man," "Greater Good of God" and "Flight of Icarus," that looks very similar to the "Somewhere Back in Time" tour set list I saw in 2008.

...I'm not complainin', it was a badass show and I wouldn't mind sitting thru that again, I'm just sayin'. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 11:57 am

I just saw them last year for the Book of Souls tour, but I'd go again for that set. No US dates yet though, just Europe.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2018 2:04 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I just saw them last year for the Book of Souls tour, but I'd go again for that set. No US dates yet though, just Europe.

I would bet on this tour coming to U.S. outdoor venues next Summer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)   Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast Tour (Opening Night Setlist)
Page 1 of 1