Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Syrym - Babylon AD

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:07 pm

Just came across the website for a new band from Ron Freschi. They have some songs recorded, but no official release yet. I'll be looking forward to this. 🤘

http://www.myspace.com/syrym

Quote :
Oakland, California—May 16, 2008—Bay Area rock band Syrym, winners of eight awards on Garageband.com, have had their song, “Foul Mouth Blues,” selected as the indie music website’s Hard Rock Track of the Day for May 17, 2008. Track of the Day winners are selected based on reviews by musicians and music fans, with the best-reviewed song on a particular day receiving the nod. The band and song are then featured on a subsequent day.

The band also received honors in the Hard Rock category for Best Male Vocals, Best Guitars, Best Drums, Best Bass, Best Production, Best Lyrics, Best Beat, and Most Rocking Track.

“Foul Mouth Blues” is a slithering, angst-ridden, defiant declaration of the end of an abusive relationship. Musically, the song is a throwback to the sound of the heavy melodic rock groups of the late 1980s and early 1990s—bands like Lynch Mob, Ratt, Mötley Crüe, and fellow Bay Area rock stalwarts Babylon A.D.

Formed at the end of 2007 by vocalist Jeffrey Winslow and Babylon A.D. founding member/guitarist Ron Freschi, Syrym combines elements of the modern hard rock sound with the melody and bombast of hard rock’s heyday.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:20 pm

I discovered their website last night. Pretty good stuff. I'll be sure to pick up the CD.
Back to top Go down

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 4:27 pm

Right on! Man, where were these riffs on the last Babylon AD album? The singer is a bit weak, though. Derek Davis KO1!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:36 pm

The vocal melodies on Bring It On - Go Down Fighting are really odd. I don't like that song as much, but otherwise, I'm really digging this.
Back to top Go down

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 9:31 pm

"The Sky Is Falling" pales next to the Babylon AD version.
Back to top Go down

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 5:00 pm

Just ordered this one. $10 from CD Baby. The samples on CD Baby sound good. I didn't find the vocals lacking like I did in the past. Maybe MySpace had demos? I don't know. The guy definitely isn't as good as Davis, though, but he does sound good.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:14 pm

I like'em, I actually exchanged a few emails with 'em because they found my music blog talking about Babylon AD. Smile

I've been meaning to pick this one up.
Back to top Go down

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:40 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I like'em, I actually exchanged a few emails with 'em because they found my music blog talking about Babylon AD. Smile

Man, nobody reads my blog. What the hell? I'm so sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Man, nobody reads my blog. What the hell? I'm so sad. Sad

Sad

Not many read either of mine! Razz And those that do, surely don't comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syrym - Babylon AD Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syrym - Babylon AD   Syrym - Babylon AD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syrym - Babylon AD
Page 1 of 1