Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

queezin' in the daily tunes

Go down 
+6
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
SAHB Healer
mc666
Stender
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

queezin' in the daily tunes Empty
PostSubject: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:52 am

I've noticed in the playlist thread that many of you listen to tons albums every day.

During my school terms, I'm forced to listen to most of music on my mp3 player, though I listen only to full albums. When I'm on breaks from school, I'll listen to two or three albums in the morning, one or two in the afternoon, and a few in the evening (unless I'm going out...then I'll squeeze one in before I go).

How do you guys, particularly those who are working, manage to squeeze in so much music-listening time?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 1:03 am

Even though your not supposed to, I listen quite a bit while I'm at school and while doing homework or anything else that dosnt take a ton of concentration.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:23 am

i spend alot of time in my vehicle, so music keeps me from going to sleep.

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:25 am

anywhere when i'm in good mood. 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:30 am

I do most of my listening while commuting as well. Sadly, it's not enough. I should listen to music when I get home from work, but I'm a pretty active listener (I really concentrate on what I'm listening to, not big on background music); so I don't always feel like concentrating when I get home tired. Otherwise I have certain favorites that help me go to sleep, and working out is another good time (although I don't do enough of that either).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:34 am

I keep my MP3 in my pocket and my headphones hooked on my undershirt because I'm not allowed to listen to it at Wal-Mart on the sales floor. Plus I have a manager that looks the other way as long as I'm discreet about it. I't hard because some albums are produced at a low volume so I have to put the speakers up on my shoulder and rooster my ear to one side (or if I'm working on an isle where my left side is exposed to the walkway I put the right headphone on and vise versa). At Albertsons I keep my MP3 player w/in reach with a traveling speaker attatched, if the Store Director comes in for his daily visit I just pause it and put it in my pocket.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 2:37 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I should listen to music when I get home from work, but I'm a pretty active listener (I really concentrate on what I'm listening to, not big on background music); so I don't always feel like concentrating when I get home tired. Otherwise I have certain favorites that help me go to sleep, and working out is another good time (although I don't do enough of that either).

I'm with you there. When I come home I just usually want to veg out on the couch although it would be best to pop in an album and do something constructive. I also don't work out enough (hardly any at all) but when I do music helps A LOT! Haven't listened to music while sleeping in quite a while (I think I may start again).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:38 am

I have a CD player on my desk @ work so I'm constantly spinning tunes. I wouldn't be able to get thru this soul-crushing corporate drone duty that is my daily existence without it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 8:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
this soul-crushing corporate drone duty that is my daily life

Poetic. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:20 am

I have a cd player at my work station. Most days, I'm by myself, so I can crank it as often and as loud as I want. When there are others in the room, as a general courtesy, I bring the volume down or I'll plug in the big headphones.

In a perfect world, everyone would appreciate heavy metal as much as I, so blasting it loud wouldn't be an issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:20 pm

i have a good desk job, don't have to deal with the public at all except for the occasional phone call. i have my mp3 player at my desk and on a normal day (i work 9 - 10 hrs a day) i can listen to quite a bit of music. my boss actually prefers it because i get more work done this way, and people walking by my cubicle are less likely to stop and talk.

today i'm listening to all double albums although i rarely plan my playlist like that. everything from judas priest (live in london) to pink floyd (ummagumma).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Commuting to and fron work (it's about 45-50minutes round trip) and when I get home and go online I get an album or two in. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:25 pm

I do most of my music listening at home, but I'll get the ipod out whenever I can at school. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:29 pm

I drive for approx 11-14hrs a day so that gives me time to listen to CDs and the radio, I bring about 10CDs with me each day, just enough to make sure that I finish them in one day rather than have any left over for the following day.

I don't bother listing what I listen to in the playing threads, too many albums and it's a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:30 pm

Depending on what's going on I can listen to 5-15 hours of music at work. As long as I'm productive.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:31 pm

Quote :
I don't bother listing what I listen to in the playing threads, too many albums and it's a waste of time.

I gave up on it months ago myself for the same reason! Seemed fruitless and fleeting to do so.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:39 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :

I gave up on it months ago myself for the same reason! Seemed fruitless and fleeting to do so.

Whenever I would think about doing it, I'd talk myself out of it for the same reasons. Maybe if I did, I have over 3,000 post by now and could create a seperate topic to brag about it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 5:42 pm

You wish!

But that's a good idea. I'm gonna start posting every CD & song I listen to and every random word that comes to mind so I can catch Eyesore (who's volume of posts are remarkably thought-out).
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:41 pm

I listen after during and after school.. I never go a day without my daily dose of metal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:32 am

i'm listening slayer's song when i'm peeing in the bathroom 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:41 am

groomdedz wrote:
i'm listening slayer's song when i'm peeing in the bathroom 🤘

Raining Blood? Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:36 am

yeah raining blood and angel of death
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am

i scream like tom araya when i start peeing... Laughing very hard 🤘

Last edited by groomdedz on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:40 am

groomdedz wrote:
i scream like tom araya when i start peeing... Laughing very hard 🤘

Then take the bicycle spoke out of your pee-hole.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 8:51 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: queezin' in the daily tunes   queezin' in the daily tunes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

queezin' in the daily tunes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next