Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Collective Soul

Go down 
+6
MetalRob331
the sentinel
Wargod
tohostudios
XYZ
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Any fans? I think they're a fantastic guitar pop band. Love Ed Roland's lyrics too.

Their new album Afterwords is fantastic...

Collective Soul Collectivesoul_afterwords
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Are these the guys that did that song "Gel"? I know they had a few other hits, but that's the only song I remember liking (if it was them). Other than that, not my cuppa tea.
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Yes, they did 'Gel'...I love that song...
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:01 pm

I've only got one song, "Heavy." It's pretty good.
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm

It seemed they had the misfortune of coming out when grunge was big and people tried to shove them into that camp. Radio was unsure what to do with them though I did hear Shine and Gel quite a bit and it seems they had a couple other radio songs but I can't remember them off hand. Decent guitar pop as you say. My brother is into them a lot so I got to hear them and actually liked Disciplined Breakdown the best. Precious Declaration, Full Circle and Blame were really good songs. Haven't heard much lately, as I don't live near my bro anymore.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I have all their albums.

I saw them in a little club in New Haven when they were touring the Hints, Allegations and Things Left Unsaid album. I was totally blown away by how HEAVY they were! Nothing like the album. The live version of Shine was metal!

Last edited by tohostudios on Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:40 pm

I have their first 4 cds and love them all. They are one of those bands that put out good cds and are more rock than anything!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:25 pm

No interest. A good friend of mine loves them, but I just don't care. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 5:57 am

Good band and they used to have one killer guitar player (Just listen to the solo in shine, I think he left though?)

I like most of their songs favorites are Gel, Where the River Flows, Heavy, Precious Declaration, and December. All radio hits too
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:58 am

Cool to see other fans!! Great band. Saw them live on the tour for the second album...fantastic show!
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:51 pm

If anyone wants these albums, Amazon has them for under $1 for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 3:02 pm

GREAT singles, mediocre albums. The last album of theirs I bought was Blender. "Why Pt. 2" is my favorite song from them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:47 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
GREAT singles, mediocre albums. The last album of theirs I bought was Blender. "Why Pt. 2" is my favorite song from them.

I agree with this assessment for the last several but up to the S/T, I think the albums are pretty solid.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 7:40 am

I think they are pretty decent.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 11:10 am

I only remember that song Precious Declaration. They sound pretty good, but I was into other stuff at the time and never got into them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:35 pm

I heard a radio interview (part of it anyway) between Vivian Cambell and a San Jose disc jockey named Greg Kihn (Greg Kihn Band) and in closing Greg called Vivian the lead guitar player of Def Leppard. Is this true ? I had heard he was only playin the rhythym role pretty much .
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12633

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 2:37 pm

oops wrong place.....get a gun
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:59 pm

I love the Greg Kihn Band!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 7:20 am

the sentinel wrote:
I love the Greg Kihn Band!!! Laughing

Our love's in Jeopordy....baby....ooooooo!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:27 am

Ack!

I much prefer:

"They don't write 'em like that any-mooooore."

Collective Soul Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collective Soul   Collective Soul Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collective Soul
Page 1 of 1