Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper

Go down 
+3
krokus
Wargod
ghost
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Empty
PostSubject: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:00 am

Quote :

Universal Music are delighted to announce the release of a new studio album from British rock legends Uriah Heep in June 2008.

"Wake The Sleeper" will be Uriah Heep's first studio album in almost ten years (the first since 1998's "Sonic Origami") and is set to herald an exciting new phase for the band. The album sees Uriah Heep back to their very best and is set to become a future classic - sure to please their dedicated worldwide fan base and fans of progressive rock in general. Recorded in 2007 the album was produced by Mike Paxman (Status Quo, Judie Tzuke). In the words of Mick Box, "We are delighted to be reunited with a major label in Universal music. 'Wake The Sleeper' is an album we are incredibly proud of, and one that we hope the fans will see as one of Uriah Heep's best. We can't wait to get back out on the road to showcase the new songs."

The live arena has been vital to the longevity of Uriah Heep. So in addition to album sales of over 30 million worldwide the band have toured in 52 countries and established themselves as consummate live performers. The band has a series of impressive firsts including being the first British rock band to play Russia in December 1987.

This is the band's first album without their long-standing drummer, Lee Kerslake who sadly had to leave the band due to ill health in January 2007. Filling the drum stool for the very first time is the hugely well respected Russell Gilbrook (Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Van Morrison, John Farnham and Lonnie Donnegan).

Current band line up is [b]Mick Box[/b] – Guitar, Vocals Trevor Bolder – Bass, Vocals Phil Lanzon – Keyboards, Vocals Bernie Shaw - Lead Vocals and Russell Gilbrook – Drums, Vocals

Full album tracklisting as follows:
1 Wake The Sleeper
2 Overload
3 Tears Of the World
4 Light Of A Thousand Stars
5 Heavens Rain
6 Book Of Lies
7 What Kind Of God
8 Ghost Of The Ocean
9 Angels Walk With You
10 Shadow
11 War Child

Uriah Heep's progressive heavy metal made the British band one of the most popular hard rock groups of the early '70s. Formed by guitarist Mick Box and vocalist David Byron in the late '60s, Uriah Heep released their debut album "Very 'eavy... Very 'umble" in 1970. Since then the band have released 20 studio albums and played to millions of fans across the globe. Uriah Heep remain one of British rock's most consistent and long standing acts with album sales of over 30 million worldwide. "Wake The Sleeper" will be Uriah Heep's 21st studio album.

Wake The Sleeper will also be released on Vinyl as a 12" Limited Edition in a stunning gatefold sleeve.

Source: http://www.uriah-heep.com

Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Wtscover_small

I can't wait for this one. I'm a big Heep fan for years now.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:09 am

Love the cover should be good as well!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:08 pm

I love URIAH HEEP, with and without KEN HENSLEY. That guy lives a half hour away from me.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 6:17 pm

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

can't wait!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 pm

Can't wait , I've been hammering Uriah Heep for a while now, listening to "conquest" at the moment4 the 1st time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:47 am

awesome i love Uriah Heep but im a little dissapointed with the cover looks pretty stock to me compared to there other stuff
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm really excited about this. Uriah Heep is one of my top 5 favorite bands, mostly because of their 70's stuff with Byron and Hensley, but I really enjoyed their last studio album, so hopefully this is even better.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:03 pm

I neverused to be that hot on Bernie Shaw but now I'm beginingto really like his voice. Listened to "The Magicians Birthday Party" from '02, great stuff, would really like to see the dVD.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 5:36 am

I like the voice of Bernie Shaw very much. I saw Heep 2 times with him on vocals and one time without him. I think it was Peter Goalbi, but I'm not sure. I listened to Future Echoes Of the Past this morning. This is a fine live album with Bernie on vocals.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 3:48 am

Have this now, and I think it's brilliant.
I hear shades of purple in this.
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am

I have this as well and think it's awesome! A must have!

I hear shades of purple as well.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 9:25 pm

This is good. Nice tunes all around. I guess Book of Lies would be the obvious, but that's my favourite so far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper   Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uriah Heep - Wake the Sleeper
Page 1 of 1