Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

do chicks hate Rush?

Go down 
+15
candlemass
the sentinel
Shiney
EvyMetal
Smindas
caniplaywithmadness?
Lurideath
Thrasher73
mc666
Metal Misfit
krokus
stepcousin
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
fingers
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

do chicks hate Rush? Empty
PostSubject: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:57 am

A few years ago I remember my then guitar teacher introducing me to Rush which are a fucken aewsome band I even like their post Moving Pictures stuff with the exception of Power Windows and Hold Your Fire. Anyway he said that chicks in general hate Rush and also I read somehwere that they didn't get any groupies until they opened for Mr Big in 1987. Is it true they really hate Rush? My theory is that they can't stand Geddy's voice who sounds like Robert Plant on helium and would find their lyrical themes boring hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:04 am

Yes. As females are the inferior gender, it is very simple to make rash generalizations such as this and have them be entirely true. As a sidenote, A little known fact is that "chicks" collectively do not enjoy licorice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:22 am

spectrefate wrote:
Yes. As females are the inferior gender, it is very simple to make rash generalizations such as this and have them be entirely true. As a sidenote, A little known fact is that "chicks" collectively do not enjoy licorice.

Laughing very hard

Duh yea, chix don't no nuthin' bout good music. That's why they should stay in the trailer with their mouths shut, barefoot 'n pregnit, and cookin' me breakfast. Yeeeeehaw!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 9:39 am

Laughing very hard Wow, how intelligent
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:39 am

come to think of it, Ive never met a girl or woman that liked Rush. Too bad, their loss. I think females in general (but not all) are drawn toward simpler music, be it pop or this newer modern three chord no guitar solo rock crap. Males tend to be drawn towards more challenging music, be it classical or jazz or prog rock/metal or thrash.
I could be a bit off but in 32 years of being a rock/metal fan, this is my take on it.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:42 am

The members of RUSH are so ugly that not even a dog will piss on them lol! but we love them, at least their music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:03 am

Actually, *I* hate Rush, but my girl loves'em.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:48 am

every woman is unique. different ones like different things.

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 11:57 am

of course girls don't like rush! they're canadian! Smile only canuck males like myself can appreciate canadian prog rock.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:07 pm

scratch Some Do ,Some Dont.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 pm

I know a lot of females that like Rush.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:34 pm

i suppose prog isn't a womans thing. since its a sausage fest round here, i doubt you'll get any answers to ur question
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 2:43 pm

mc666 wrote:
every woman is unique. different ones like different things.
"Word."

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:32 pm

lol you know this is a good point the bassit in our band's favourite band is rush and everytime we put it on the girls just complain
lol!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 4:36 pm

Only time I ever see women at a Rush concert is if they're with their boyfriend/husband. I don't think women get the thrill out of going to concerts.

By the way, I thought Power Windows and Hold Your Fire were pretty alright albums!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:39 pm

RUSH is my wife's favorite band......

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 5:44 pm

Is it live or is it Memorex?
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:02 pm

Auntie Sax can't stand Rush. I guess Geddy ain't pretty enough for the die-hard Skid Row fans amongst us! Who woulda thunk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Laughing very hard

Duh yea, chix don't no nuthin' bout good music. That's why they should stay in the trailer with their mouths shut, barefoot 'n pregnit, and cookin' me breakfast. Yeeeeehaw!
You live in a trailer? :defleppard:
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:27 pm

I love Rush.
I love women.
Therefore: Women love Rush!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 6:33 pm

Being a Doors afficianado, I'm around a lot of Doors heads, not many seem to like Rush, especially women, I don't get that, Neil is every bit a poet as Morrison, they just play on different strings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:17 pm

I had an old girlfriend who was really into Rush. Which was really surprising given what the rest of her music collection looked like. But did she ever love Rush.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 7:30 pm

In my 49 years I've only known a handful of women who liked metal hard rock in general. The rest either go for cuntry, boy bands, Brittany!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:03 pm

ParanoidTime wrote:
of course girls don't like rush! they're canadian! Smile only canuck males like myself can appreciate canadian prog rock.

angry do chicks hate Rush? 19976 butt dance :kickbutt:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 8:44 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I love Rush.
I love women.
Therefore: Women love Rush!
Very Happy

i think aristotle might have had a thing or two to say about that little syllogism! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: do chicks hate Rush?   do chicks hate Rush? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

do chicks hate Rush?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next