Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12 best Christian metal cd's?

Go down 
+15
Stender
Jedilink
Troublezone
SAHB Healer
thejokeriv
7thSecond
candlemass
Fat Freddy
Thrasher73
kmorg
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
mc666
MetalGuy71
Rex
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

12 best Christian metal cd's? Empty
PostSubject: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:16 pm

I received this list from someone asking why I didn't have more Christian METAL on my site? Wow! I don't even consider most of this stuff to BE heavy metal, no less the BEST of the bunch. I don't know how old this person is, but I am betting he is very young.

Quote :
Why don't you have more Christian metal on your site? If you have a site about metal, how can you not have these?
12 best Christian metal cd's I have found.

1. The Light in Guinevere's Garden by East West
2. Fireproof by Pillar
3. Still Suffering by Klank
4. The Narrow Scope of Things by Embodyment
5. Truthless Heroes by Project 86
6. The Fundamental Elements of Southtown by P.O.D.
7. The Hammering Process by Living Sacrifice
8. In a Perfect World by Rod Laver
9. Bless the Martyr and Kiss the Child by Norma Jean
10. Kutless by Kutless
11. Liberate Te Ex Inferis by Zao
12. Set It Off by Thousand Foot Krutch

I have actually owned several of these, only to trade them off because I rarely played them. I think I might still have the Klank CD and I do have Hammering Process by Living Sacrifice, but that's about it.

I'm familiar with East West. We performed with them in California several years ago. From what I remember they were sort of rap-core/nu-metal.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:23 pm

Wow! That guy stole my playlist!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Because Ult, your site is the be all, end all ultimate guide to ALL CHRISTIAN MUSIC. You must include EVERY CHRISTIAN BAND IN EXISTANCE that has ever released music, regardless if you listen to it or not. Your personal preferences and opinions are of no importance to us. If you don't support these acts, you're not being true to the cause.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Quote :
Liberate Te Ex Inferis by Zao
excellent album

Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:17 pm

*looks at list*

Oh yeah, this guy is definently a kid. You can tell because the majority of the stuff he mentions was released no earlier than the late 90s. Yeeeesh!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:18 pm

Tell him to quit reading HM, and start subscribing to Heaven's Metal instead!

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:35 pm

How they expect you to buy every cd released is beyond me
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:48 pm

Laughing very hard Dang young'ins got no respect for their elders. Sheesh!

Think this kid is a friend of the clueless one who just reviewed "Into the Pit" and compared it to Pantera and Metallica?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:56 pm

I guess I just found the email humorous because I don't even consider most of those bands to be metal and this person thinks these are the 12 BEST metal CDs. None of them would even make my Top 1000 list. Ahhhh, differences of opinions. It's what makes the world go round.

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:57 pm

i guess the sender of this list never saw poppy as US president....
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:23 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I guess I just found the email humorous because I don't even consider most of those bands to be metal and this person thinks these are the 12 BEST metal CDs. None of them would even make my Top 1000 list. Ahhhh, differences of opinions. It's what makes the world go round.

Yea, I don't even consider Ultimatum to be metal, perhaps emo or something!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:50 pm

With a hint of goth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I received this list from someone asking why I didn't have more Christian METAL on my site? Wow! I don't even consider most of this stuff to BE heavy metal, no less the BEST of the bunch. I don't know how old this person is, but I am betting he is very young.

Quote :
Why don't you have more Christian metal on your site? If you have a site about metal, how can you not have these?
12 best Christian metal cd's I have found.

2. Fireproof by Pillar
10. Kutless by Kutless

I have actually owned several of these, only to trade them off because I rarely played them. I think I might still have the Klank CD and I do have Hammering Process by Living Sacrifice, but that's about it.

I'm familiar with East West. We performed with them in California several years ago. From what I remember they were sort of rap-core/nu-metal.
That person is definitely young. I actually really dig Pillar, P.O.D., Living Sacrifice, and Project 86. Great bands. The rest...meh. Thousand Foot Krutch has a few tunes that I dig, but they're more guilty pleasures ("Rawkfist," for instance). East West is basically rather bland modern rock, with a little nu-metal influence. Not horrible, but far from great. I think Zao and Kutless and Norma Jean are crap. I'm pretty sure I have an Embodyment CD, but I can't remember it off hand.

Either way, a few solid bands, but most are no way near the top. Not only that, they don't quite fall in line with most of the stuff on NLTM, so it's not really surprising you don't have them listed.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:27 pm

Never owned this one. Played a couple shows with these guys in California. Nice guys. Just not my thing musically.

2. Fireproof by Pillar
Never cared for 'em.

Heavy industrial. A good CD, although not one I play often.

Not a fan.

Not a fan.

I had their first three albums when they were an independent band. No one knew who they were except those deep into Christian music. Ultimatum came in second to them for "Favorite Unsigned band" in HM Magazine in the 1990's. When they signed with Atlantic, they just exploded. The right band for the right time obviously. Once that happened those old CDs were suddenly worth some cash. I sold all three of them on Ebay for around $40 - $50 each. A few months later they were re-released. Silly Ebay bidders.

I have this one. Rarely listen to it. Where's the hook?

Blech!

See my comments under #8.

10. Kutless by Kutless
See my comments under #8.

Had this one. Listened to it a few times when I first received it. Reviewed it, put it on the shelf, never picked it up again.
http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/zao.html
I think I have since traded that one off. I'll have to check. If I did, I'll have to remove the review from my site. If I still have it, I might have to revisit it, after reading MC666's comment.

My teenage son likes them. They don't really do much for me. I wouldn't call them "metal". Maybe modern rock or modern pop rock, but not metal.

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I had their first three albums when they were an independent band. No one knew who they were except those deep into Christian music. Ultimatum came in second to them for "Favorite Unsigned band" in HM Magazine in the 1990's. When they signed with Atlantic, they just exploded. The right band for the right time obviously. Once that happened those old CDs were suddenly worth some cash. I sold all three of them on Ebay for around $40 - $50 each. A few months later they were re-released. Silly Ebay bidders.
Hey, I'm cool, man! I knew them before they were popular! Haha. I owe my thanks to Mardels. I used to always visit one in North Little Rock in the 90s. I don't call myself a Christian, but I've never denied there is some amazing music being made by Christians, so I bought tons of albums from that store. I discovered a lot of great bands because of that store.

Run DMZ (my cover band while in Korea) covered "Southtown" before it blew up. It was a set favorite. We did the same with Papa Roach's "Last Resort." They were like originals for us over there because the first time most people heard the songs was when we played them! Haha.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 4:46 pm

P.O.D. played in Albuquerque in 1997 (or was in 98) with The Moshketeers opening. 20 people showed up to the show! (LOL! Sounds like an Ultimatum show in Albuquerque!) A year later they were playing the big Summer Tours and their CD had sold Gold. I actually don't dislike P.O.D. At the time they were very cool guys.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Definitely not the 12 best Christian metal albums, but I do have 7 of these. Don't think I'd call Kutless or Thousand Foot Crutch metal though. The rest you might be able to sneak in there under the guise of some metal subgenre.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
P.O.D. played in Albuquerque in 1997 (or was in 98) with The Moshketeers opening. 20 people showed up to the show! (LOL! Sounds like an Ultimatum show in Albuquerque!) A year later they were playing the big Summer Tours and their CD had sold Gold. I actually don't dislike P.O.D. At the time they were very cool guys.
The same thing happened with 311 and No Doubt. I used to hang out with them when they'd tour around here, and like 40 people would come to the show. Then in the mid-90s each band scored a huge hit on radio and a week later things were entirely different. Funny how that happens.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 6:11 pm

I remember reading an interview w/Jesse in HM, in regard to the remake of "All Else Failed", he wanted it to be balls out metal.......they didn't fail! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:19 pm

Uh... no, not the best christian metal releases! I don;t even own any on that list!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:20 pm

I put up an old thread that is serious about this subject. You might give the kid in question a look at it. This forum is a good place to learn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 pm

you've gotta give the kid a break. just realize that some 15 year olds don't know where to track down mortification or extol cds, or even where to find out those bands exist. heck, some kids don't know where to get "famous" bands like iced earth or in flames at that age.

i became a christian when i was 16, and i had no idea there was a whole world of christian thrash and extreme metal. so what'd i do? i went to the local christian store (crossway, here in the south) and bought some of the stuff they had wya out front in the hard rock section: p.o.d., project 86, living sacrifice, rod laver, pillar, etc. it's kinda like making do with what you have to work with.

i don't even HAVE any of those cds any more, but it was a first step and i loved them at the time. and for the record i have no problem calling p.o.d., et al "metal" - just not particularly good metal.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:44 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
I put up an old thread that is serious about this subject. You might give the kid in question a look at it. This forum is a good place to learn.

I wasn't mean to him. I just told him those were bands I wasn't really into. I also invited him to this forum. I don't know how old he is.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:48 pm

Kids today have no idea what metal is! The media has decieved them into thinking anything with distorted guitars is metal. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jedilink
Metal student
Metal student
Jedilink

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 12:54 am

Dude, I'm 22 and I KNOW that NONE of that is metal. Where's Morty?!!?!? Where's Tourniquet, Believer, Rob Rock, Narnia, Deliverance...and of course, STRYPER! Come on dude. Razz

Almost all of his list would drive me up the wall. Haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jedilink
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 12 best Christian metal cd's?   12 best Christian metal cd's? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

12 best Christian metal cd's?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next