Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian metal thrash Band Info

Go down 
+8
SideShowDisaSter
Stender
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
kmorg
ultmetal
krokus
Olafsto
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Christian metal thrash Band Info Empty
PostSubject: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:38 am

Hey Group
I am A newbee to this message board

Was wondering if anybody could suggest a good christian metal band super fast tempo Like the non-christian band (Warbringer).

and a band that dose not Growl into the mic, screaming is fine, I've heard many many bands that growl and in my opinioun drowns out the great metal riffs. in other words the heaviest fastest music but no growling if you know what i mean.

ANY Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:47 am

Maybe not super fast, but you definitely have to get Into The Pit by ULTIMATUM!!
Bestest Christian thrash ever 🤘 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 11:59 am

DELIVERANCE(USA) early records/demo are also very cool thrash metal. Fast and loud and proud. I like your name PUNKYMETAL, do you like punk metal/crust???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks I got the idea for my screen name from a site called christian punks.

And thanks for the suggestion for ULTIMATUM I'll have to check them out,

I like metal the faster the better, just not into the evil lyrics or death and destruction, I have found very few bands that in my opinion are just metal lyrics and not evil lyrics, that is why I started researching christian metal but 99% of the those bands just growl in the mic.

what is punk metal/crust? not sure what you mean. Is the name of a band?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 pm

I'll have to check out DELIVERANCE too thanks
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 pm

Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Has that early California thrash metal sound. Raw, aggressive and energetic. Few other albums match it. I rank it up with Metallica's Kill 'Em All as one of the greats of thrash metal.

Temple of Blood
More speed metal than thrash, but a great band nonetheless. No growled vocals at all.

Believer-Extraction from Mortality
Believer-Sanity Obscure
the Crucified-s/t
the Crucified-Pillars of Humanity
Deliverance-Deliverance
Deliverance-Weapons of Our Warfare
Devastation-Idolatry
Jesus Freaks - Socially Unacceptable
Living Sacrifice - s/t (only Living Sacrifice I would recommend)
The Moshkteers-Downward Spiral
Possession-Eternally Haunt
Sacrament-Haunts of Violence
Sacrament-Testimony of the Apocalypse
Seventh Angel-The Torment
Seventh Angel-Lament for the Weary
Tourniquet-Stop the Bleeding
Tourniquet-Psycho Surgery
Tourniquet-Pathogenic Occular Dissonance
Ultimatum-Puppet of Destruction
Ultimatum-The Mechanics of Perilous Times
Ultimatum-Into the Pit

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 pm

punkymetal wrote:

www.myspace.com/ultimatummetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Cool I'll have to check out this list too, I have actually heard of some of these bands one I remember is Tourniquet they are pretty good but looking for something faster,

This message board rocks Thanks for the fast replys !!

Last edited by punkymetal on Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:31 pm

To be honest, there aren't many bands in the same vain as Warbringer in the Christian curcuits. Avenger of Blood used to be at the demo stages, but they are no longer a Christian band.

Maybe the closest is the Sacrament stuff? Devestation might be a good choice. But the only suggestion I can come up with, not already mentioned must be VIKING - Man Of Straw. And also the upcoming Once Dead album, maybe.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:30 pm

punkymetal wrote:

I like metal the faster the better, just not into the evil lyrics or death and destruction, I have found very few bands that in my opinion are just metal lyrics and not evil lyrics, that is why I started researching christian metal but 99% of the those bands just growl in the mic.

what is punk metal/crust? not sure what you mean. Is the name of a band?

Punk metal and crust i am talking about bands like DISCHARGE, TAMPERE SS, KAOOS, some albums by THE EXPLOITED, ENGLISH DOGS, first demo by ONSLAUGHT, PLASMATICS, DRILLER KILLER, first ep by SACRILEGE(uk) etc... Bands with a punk attitude/sound/left wing, mixed with thrash or metal.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Devastation weren't really a "Christian" band per se, although a handful of their songs were definitely Christian based (especially on their last album).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:53 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Devastation weren't really a "Christian" band per se, although a handful of their songs were definitely Christian based (especially on their last album).

Yup, same with Viking.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 7:54 pm

Quote :
I like metal the faster the better

I'd echo Deliverance, then. They were pretty fast their first few albums.

The first Tourniquet can fly along when it wants so.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 9:53 pm

Like Ultmetal, Krokus, and Scottmitchell said I would definately recomend Deliverance (particulary s/t and weopons) Sacrament, tournequet, Ultimatum. I dont know if Vengeance rising would be your thing if you dont dig rough vocals as vengeance is bordering on death vox. Ultimatum is an awesome choice I really like Symphonic extremities album, which is the first. I would say check out Seventh angel but there pretty slowed down.

Might check out Grave Forsaken, pretty fast but again, dont think you'll like the vocal stuff. Mortification when they do thrash is pretty good not the fastest but definately quality, Hammer of God, Primitive rythm machine, triumph of mercy are good starter albums for them.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 10:17 pm

I'd add (since Ult covered most):

Bloody Cross - Coming Again

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:16 am

Thanks for all the feedback gang. I think I'm gonna hunt down Deliverance and Tourniquet first. I have sampled many of these bands you all suggested on myspace and these 2 seem like they may be a good choice for what I'm looking for, I haven't sampled all the bands yet but these 2 seem to be getting more votes in here and what I've heard so far has been ok.
ULTIMATUM, Temple of Blood, Vengeance Rising don't sound bad either

I've heard of mortifation stender, , It's actually the first thrash christian cd I came accross by accident in a used cd store "silver cord is severed". and inspired me to research the christian metal music scene. There a few songs on there I like.

Anyone know a good radio station on line for this kind of christian music? I found this one but it's more pop rock than metal http://www.hardcoreradiophx.com/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:46 am

Quote :
Punk metal and crust i am talking about bands like DISCHARGE, TAMPERE SS, KAOOS, some albums by THE EXPLOITED, ENGLISH DOGS, first demo by ONSLAUGHT, PLASMATICS, DRILLER KILLER, first ep by SACRILEGE(uk) etc... Bands with a punk attitude/sound/left wing, mixed with thrash or metal.

Naw I havn't heard of any of these bands up until now havn't really researched this kinda music yet. Just trying to add some thrash music to my collection, I have a cd collection of all styles of music. Are any of the bands you mentioned above christian?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 3:11 am

how about maybe trying some christian power metal? they play fast most of the time....

Seventh Avenue is basically a christian Blind Guardian for all intents and purposes.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 pm

punkymetal wrote:
Quote :

Naw I havn't heard of any of these bands up until now havn't really researched this kinda music yet. Just trying to add some thrash music to my collection, I have a cd collection of all styles of music. Are any of the bands you mentioned above christian?

No, they are not christian bands the ones i have mentioned to you. I dont realy know christian bands playing that kind of punk/crust. Check them out anyway because they are great. An other great band is AMEBIX.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:55 pm

punkymetal wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback gang. I think I'm gonna hunt down Deliverance and Tourniquet first. I have sampled many of these bands you all suggested on myspace and these 2 seem like they may be a good choice for what I'm looking for, I haven't sampled all the bands yet but these 2 seem to be getting more votes in here and what I've heard so far has been ok.
ULTIMATUM, Temple of Blood, Vengeance Rising don't sound bad either

I've heard of mortifation stender, , It's actually the first thrash christian cd I came accross by accident in a used cd store "silver cord is severed". and inspired me to research the christian metal music scene. There a few songs on there I like.

Anyone know a good radio station on line for this kind of christian music? I found this one but it's more pop rock than metal [url=http://www.hardcoreradiophx.com/
http://www.hardcoreradiophx.com/[/quote[/url]]

Check out "Reign Radio", its a internet radio that plays two stations reign radio 1 and radio 2. 2 is like christian hard rock/ glam/ powermetal. 1 is what your looking for with harder stuff like thrash, industrial, and some powermetal.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:33 am

I just found some Christian thrash band named Hope. I think they are from Croatia if I remember correctly. Don't really know who to compare them to, but they are not bad.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:04 am

Lurideath wrote:
I just found some Christian thrash band named Hope. I think they are from Croatia if I remember correctly. Don't really know who to compare them to, but they are not bad.

Which reminds me of Creation of Death!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 10:46 am

Oh!! I just remembered reading Kmorgs' post. There's a Brazillian band named Saint Spirit that (I think) plays some good Thrash.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:32 am

Apparently Burnt Fase is a Christian thrash band. I'll let you know how they are once their CD arrives here.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:09 pm

You can check out TEMPLE OF BLOOD here: http://www.myspace.com/templeofblood or http://www.templeofblood.net

Our new album is being mastered now and will be available for purchase soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian metal thrash Band Info   Christian metal thrash Band Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian metal thrash Band Info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: