Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 4 in vengeance rising

Go down 
+8
Tall Tyrion
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Rex
TrogDawn
Thrasher73
scottmitchell74
Stender
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The 4 in vengeance rising Empty
PostSubject: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:23 pm

Has anyone else noticed the 4 that is in the "V" in vengeance in the vengeance rising logo? does anyone know what it means or am I just tripping? :defleppard:

Last edited by Stender on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:24 pm

I can see it. It was prophecy as they have 4 albums and then done.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:55 pm

or 4 original members went on to form Die Happy or Once Dead
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:57 pm

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:59 pm

Mind boggling eh?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:01 pm

Absolutely! humble Such a metal Savant! "82, 82, 82"

There's probably a VR cult somewhere based on the #4 and Roger's ramblings of late......
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Last edited by Stender on Sun May 06, 2018 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:25 am

Stender wrote:
Yeah, starting a cult would definately be a Roger Martinez thing to do.....loser.
Jesus still loves you Roger.
Well now, if that isn't shooting fish in a barrel, I don't know what is. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:52 am

Roger is far from a loser. Misled maybe, but not a loser. What he has done in the past for kids like me is monumental. He has had a huge impact on my life. Yes, I agree with the fish in a barrel comment of Trog's.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 am

It always reminded me of a partial pentagram.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:13 am

spectrefate wrote:
Roger is far from a loser.

Would "Froot Loop" be a better term? Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 8:16 am

Rexorcist wrote:
It always reminded me of a partial pentagram.

That's what I always thought too.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 9:20 am

Roger is a deeply disturbed guy who seems to be on a perpetual hair-trigger. I certainly wouldn't mess with him.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 1:53 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
Stender wrote:
Well now, if that isn't shooting fish in a barrel, I don't know what is. Rolling Eyes

You got me wrong, I take that back, definately misled. I love roger and hope he comes around in the end as he contributed to my walk with christ years after vengeance went defunct and after he flippped his lid.

But, seriously any person that trys to make death threats on Steve Rowe is a loser in my book no matter what that person has done in their life previosly. Like I said we can only hope he turns around.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:40 pm

Stender wrote:
You got me wrong, I take that back, definately misled. I love roger and hope he comes around in the end as he contributed to my walk with christ years after vengeance went defunct and after he flippped his lid.

But, seriously any person that trys to make death threats on Steve Rowe is a loser in my book no matter what that person has done in their life previosly. Like I said we can only hope he turns around.
The reason for my sarcastic comment above is basically just to shine light on the fact that it's far too easy for christians to jump on a bashing bandwagon just because we feel safe and justified in our own little sheltered world and believe we know how everything should "be" and how things should "look". IMO, I believe it only adds to the problem and will only succeed in pushing a person even further away from that which "we" believe he should be a part of. Unless he can be accepted right where he's at without any judgment or expectations, there will never be any positive change.

I understand that it's hard to watch one of your heroes go against everything that you believe in, especially when he encouraged you so much at first. But that's just life, and your heroes will probably always let you down at some point, unfortunately.

Personally, I believe Roger suffers from mental health issues that may be exacerbated by drug abuse - which is just my own theory based on limited info about him and my own personal experience and education. But the overall feel of his actions and expressions just screams mental illness to me. If this is the case, don't try to make sense of anything he has done or will do, because it will only frustrate you. The best bet is to just leave him be and stop making snide comments, because when it comes down to it, none of us know dick about what the man has had to deal with in his own life that has caused him to make the choices he has made or do the things he has done.

Last edited by TrogDawn on Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:43 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
The reason for my sarcastic comment above is basically just to shine light on the fact that it's far too easy for christians to jump on a bashing bandwagon just because we feel safe and justified in our own little sheltered world and believe we know how everything should "be" and how things should "look". IMO, I believe it only adds to the problem and will only succeed in pushing a person even further away from that which "we" believe he should be a part of. Unless he can be accepted right where he's at without any judgment or expectations, there will never be any positive change.

Personally, I believe Roger suffers from mental health issues that may be exacerbated by drug abuse - which is just my own theory based on limited info about him and my own personal experience and education. But the overall feel of his actions and expressions just screams mental illness to me. If this is the case, don't try to make sense of anything he has done or will do, because it will only frustrate you. The best bet is to just leave him be and stop making snide comments, because when it comes down to it, none of us know dick about what the man has had to deal with in his own life that has caused him to make the choices he has made or do the things he has done.

Very well said.

Smurf Obama, I'm voting Trog!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Good Post,Trog
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 3:32 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
But the overall feel of his actions and expressions just screams mental illness to me.
HMMM....this is sounding very familiar to me?
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 6:45 pm

I think Roger was quite the madman back in the day, some call it being "on fire" for the Lord, he looked more obsessed at times, even one of his pastors said you could do nothing to slow him down, he hit the wall pretty hard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXYw8O24AAM
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 7:23 am

I've always wondered about that partial pentagram too.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 4:54 pm

TrogDawn wrote:

I understand that it's hard to watch one of your heroes go against everything that you believe in, especially when he encouraged you so much at first. But that's just life, and your heroes will probably always let you down at some point, unfortunately.

I've heard *of* this band, but only very casually as my thrash interests don't really go much outside of Megadeth, Metallica, and Anthrax (and I wasn't of age to have first-hand knowledge of the scene during the 80s anyway). I know absolutely jack about Christian thrash, but man... this is a sad tale to see.

Were there ever any signs of what was going through Roger's mind or did he just one day explode? It seems like the band's financial problems maybe drove him over the edge.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 8:30 pm

Last edited by Stender on Sun May 06, 2018 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 9:05 pm

I know that V.R. was incredibly influential in the CCM Metal world but I never quite understood what all the whoop-de-doo was about'em personally. I preferred Deliverance as far as CCM Thrash went. I guess cuz I was never a "harsh vocals" kinda guy, they never did much for me.

(Ducks to avoid the flaming arrows and thrown garbage that will now be sent my way)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Quote :
all the whoop-de-doo

Bride was my "gateway" into true and heavy metal but Vengeance Rising was my "gateway" into extreme music, which I consider Human Sacrifice to be. It may be Thrash, but it's extreme (to me).

SO, although I recognize the flaws of HS it will always be my "first".

However, In My Opinion Once Dead and Released Upon The Earth (criminally underrated) ARE great Thrash, and with Released, Death(ish) metal. I think Roger Martinez has a much better Death metal voice than a Thrash voice. He's really just gargling along on HS.

That being said, I truly do enjoy those songs. I think there's enough to "whoop" about! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 4 in vengeance rising   The 4 in vengeance rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 4 in vengeance rising
Page 1 of 1