Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musicians anyone?

Go down 
+8
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
Invader
MetalH
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
mc666
Thrasher73
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 11:09 am

I know there are a few here that play instruments or are in bands.I've played drums since about 15,and later went on to be in a band with some of my friends.I was wondering who else here plays an instrument or is in a band?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 11:27 am

i've played drums since i was 13. never was in a band. never wanted to be. i can also play piano.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:37 pm

I play drums.

Thrasher73

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 1:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I play drums.

Really? Or are you just pullin my chain Ult.I never knew that about you.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 2:48 pm

I play the guit-fiddle, though I haven't picked one up in some years. I haven't played one in MANY years, but I also can play the saxophone (alto and tenor).

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 1:57 pm

I play guitar, bass, and drums. Do a little singing here and there. Mostly play at church. Had a band once, but it crapped out and died. I have ultimate respect for people that are able to actually get a band going. It's rough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:21 pm

I play guitar, bass and little bit of drums.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm

I play guitar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 9:43 pm

i played guitar for like two months but let it go after a while.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm

I played clarinet in elementary school. Gave it up because the orchestra teacher was a wack job. Besides, the clarinet is not very metal. Smile
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Besides, the clarinet is not very metal. Smile
not yet... just wait.

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 1:20 am

Guitar and vocals here. I can keep an AC/DC beat on the drums, too. I'm 31, I think music is about over for me. I can't imagine ever again getting into a van with 7 dudes and starving for a few weeks going on tour. I'll just record stuff at home from now on. I've even recorded some rap songs while bored! Haha.

Of course, if the right band comes calling, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2007 10:46 am

I play guitar and sing - I do neither extremely well but eh. I really want to take up piano at some point.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 am

thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I play drums.

Really? Or are you just pullin my chain Ult.I never knew that about you.

No, I play drums. However, I've never played in a band before.

ult
Back to top Go down

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2007 7:21 pm

I've been playing bass for about a year. Got a long way to go yet.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:05 am

I play guitar in a metal band called Terrestrial Harvest.
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2007 1:41 pm

I played Bass & did some vocals in a metal band from 1989 till 1998, played hundreds of shows all around the LA/TX area. We opened for Pantera in their early days when they played here in Shreveport often, We opened for Bride at a local show in 92. If I had to compare our style to anybody, I would have to say we sounded like a heavier version of Clutch. I still look on those days as some of the best of my life, we've gotten together & jammed a bit recently, so who knows!!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 12:11 pm

Hamer12 wrote:
I played Bass & did some vocals in a metal band from 1989 till 1998, played hundreds of shows all around the LA/TX area. We opened for Pantera in their early days when they played here in Shreveport often, We opened for Bride at a local show in 92. If I had to compare our style to anybody, I would have to say we sounded like a heavier version of Clutch. I still look on those days as some of the best of my life, we've gotten together & jammed a bit recently, so who knows!!!

cool deal bro, so at one time you were livin the life,eh?
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Trust me, a good time was had by all. From the beginning we all agreed it was just for fun, we were'nt looking to make it in the biz & the band was secondary to everything else in our lives. We had the original 4 members from beginning to end & are all still very good friends to this day. We got to meet a lot of good folks along the way, so I guess you can say we were lucky.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Musicians anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musicians anyone?   Musicians anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musicians anyone?
Page 1 of 1