Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What musicians have you met?

Go down 
+14
Witchfinder
ultmetal
bass63
Boris2008
Addy
mc666
corplhicks
MoonChild
Required Fields
thejokeriv
MetalRob331
Fat Freddy
RAIDwarden
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

What musicians have you met? Empty
PostSubject: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:25 pm

Over my almost 20 years of life, I've met two notable musicians.

In 1998, when I was 5, I went to see A Christmas Carol in NYC and Roger Daltry was playing Scrooge that year. At the end, he ran around the audience and shook a whole bunch of peoples hands and gave candy to some of the kids. My sister and I were two of those kids! He shook my hand and said Merry Christmas to us.

Much later in my life, when I was a junior in high school, I was in the drama club and we were doing some dumb play called "all i really need to know i learned in kindergarten" and this girl named Julie was in the play as well. I started talking to her and yadayada and we started dating (lasted 3 months, but whatever) well... her dad is Carlo "DD" Verni! ^.^ He was one of the nicest dudes ever. He doesn't drink, does no drugs, he is just metal! Well at least that's how he was when I met him.

I have never met a famous musician at a concert before. I always wanted to get back stage passes for a show. They're just so much money!!

What about y'all?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 4:29 pm

I've met:

Joey, Johnny, C-Jay and Marky Ramone
Bobby Gustafson and Bobby Blitz (Overkill)
Pat Badger and Gary Cherone (Extreme)
John Gallagher and Joe Hasselvander (Raven)
Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Bruce Kulick, Eric Singer (2x), Vinnie Vincent (douche), Ace Frehley (douche) and Peter Criss
Max and Igor Cavalera (Sepultura)
Dave Mustaine
Jerry Only and Doyle (Misfits)
Steven Adler (ex-GnR)
Chris Caffery (ex-Savatage)
Richie Scarlet (Ace Frehley guitarist)
Bill Aucoin (KISS' manager in the 70s)
Joey Belladonna (Anthrax)
Midnight (Crimson Glory)

Not musicians, but I've also met:
Richard Hatch, aka "Captain Apollo" from the 1978 "Battlestar Galactica" TV series
Adam "Batman" West (twice)
Mike Reiss (head writer for "The Simpsons")

...there are probably some others that I'm forgetting, too....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:33 pm

Myself.. That's all that matters Wink
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:51 pm

Met a few over the years......

Robert Sweet, Tommy Lee, All of Barren Cross, Jimmy Brown & George Ochoa (Deliverance), All of One Bad Pig, All of Guardian (plus Paul Crowley when he was singing for them), Joey and Kurt (Believer), Lipps, Robb, Glen 5 (Anvil), John Gallagher (Raven), Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Nicko McBrain, Dave Murray, Janick Gers and probably some others I am forgetting
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28442

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:59 pm

I met the guys from Anvil, and Joey Belladonna among famous ones. I also met Oscar Soutu from Anonymus, extremely nice guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:33 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Myself.. That's all that matters Wink

What musicians have you met? 395375 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:52 am

The guitarist for BarlowGirl.

Excuse me while I go cry in a closet.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 2:00 am

A few, not many. My favorite was Gwen Stefani. It was like running into an old friend. She was so down to earth & friendly. She made it seem like she had all the time in the world to chat & pose for pictures.

Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 6:18 am

Ive Met

Lita Ford - She wasnt very personable, all she asked me was why was her marker dying lol, she seemed to be more personable to my fiance

Leigh Nash (Sixpence None the Richer) - She was alot like how MC666 described meeting Gwen Stefani, Leigh was very personable and friendly and acted like she had all the time in the world for you

Justin Cray - (Bassist for Sixpence None the Richer) - Much like meeting Leigh but I actually ended up spending about 15 minutes just chatting about mundane and stupid stuff turns out he has reletives that live somewhat close to me. Awesome experience though

Newsboys - met them in 1990 at Creation they were pretty cool

Scott Wenzel (Whitecross) - I was very starstruck at the time the experience was disappointing

John Arch (Ex-Fates Warning) we both work for the same company while he works in a different building i was introduced and while we did not talk much bout music he was a very cool dude.
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 am

Slayer, Onslaught, a couple of guys from Napalm Death
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Steve Perry  1981     what a f*cking dickhead     Mad 

Vandenberg 1983   whole band. Nice guys who had no clue they were in Lincoln Nebraska

Randy Miesner 1984  I played in a band with his son for awhile

Head East 2003  3 guys that are no longer with the band. Nice guys

Journey 2004  Whole band. Nice bunch of guys

Kings X 2009  Whole band    Visited with them guys after a show for 30 minutes. Nice guys 

The Last Vegas 2012   Whole band. nicest bunch of guys. Very happy that I came out to their show even though I had a stroke.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:16 pm

I met The Geoff. No need to meet any others as he is the best of the best. What musicians have you met? 604261 

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I met The Geoff. No need to meet any others as he is the best of the best. What musicians have you met? 604261 

I'm jealous. I bet he was the nicest guy.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:26 pm

I met Geoff Tate once. C**t threw my cellphone away!!

Laughing very hard 
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I met Geoff Tate once. C**t threw my cellphone away!!

Laughing very hard 

I'm sure he was throwing it back to you and you missed. Those lights can be pretty bright...
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:38 pm

No one really, unless you count the then current members of KISS (Paul, Gene, Bruce, and Eric S) at one of their conventions.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 1:49 pm

007 wrote:
No one really, unless you count the then current members of KISS (Paul, Gene, Bruce, and Eric S) at one of their conventions.

Why wouldn't you count that?

Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:28 pm

007 wrote:

I'd count that!  I would be a happy man to have met them!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:

I just meant that it wasn't some chance encounter on the streets or whatever. I paid handsomely for that experience and was glad I did; all were very friendly, stayed exceptionally late to make sure everyone got their opportunity to meet them and even took photos with fans.
Back to top Go down
RAIDwarden
Metal novice
Metal novice
RAIDwarden

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm

007 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
007 wrote:

I just meant that it wasn't some chance encounter on the streets or whatever. I paid handsomely for that experience and was glad I did; all were very friendly, stayed exceptionally late to make sure everyone got their opportunity to meet them and even took photos with fans.

That's actually really cool. I'd love to meet them. Meeting them at a convention doesn't make it any less awesome
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Forgot a few!

Queensryche (Jackson, Wilton, Rockenfield, La Torre, Lundgren) - very cool guys!!! And they didn't take my cell phone and chuck it.

Also met King's X
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 pm

I've met the following:

All of the guys in Anthrax - they were all very nice, even Scott Ian

White Wizzard - Mikey Gremio, John Leon and Giovanni Durst

Flotsam & Jetsam - Kelly David Smith

All of the guys in Havok. Very nice guys.

Motorhead - Lemmy, Phil and Mikkey - met them wandering around Ozzfest during Tool's set. They were cool.

Holy Grail - Met the whole band. All were nice and wanted to shoot the shit about metal. James Paul Luna talked to me for quite a bit about obscure NWOBHM bands. Cool dude.

Gypsyhawk - Eric Harris and Andrew Packer. Harris was high as hell and wanted to talk about what was the best Thin Lizzy album. Packer was stoned and signed my album - "Get High or Die Trying."

The Sword - Kyle Shutt - Nice guy.

Exodus - Tom Hunting and Lee Altus - seemed completely disinterested at a meet and greet. Meh.

Eagle Claw - met the whole band. Nice bunch of Texans.

Cauldron - Jason Decay, Ian Chains and Chris Steve - all nice and they signed everything. They wanted to talk about metal too. Jason was shocked I had Goat Horn discs for him to sign.

Accept - Wolf Hoffman and Peter Baltes - super cool guys, loved chatting with the fans after their set

Midnight - Athenar - Just a regular dude that sold me some merch and had a nice chat.

The best experience though was this:

Saxon - Biff Byford, Paul Quinn, Nigel Glockler, Nibbs Carter and Doug Scarratt - I met them on the Unleash The Beast tour. They played a tiny club in Cincinnati and a couple of hours before the show a sleet/ice storm hit. They made it to the show, but only about 20 of us diehards were there to see them. Instead of being pissed off, they played a full set and blew the roof off the place. They then hung out drinking beers and chatting for a long time after the show. My buddy brought his entire Saxon cd and vinyl collection and they signed everything. Great guys and total gentlemen. They seemed genuinely happy and touched that some of us made it through the storm to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Sixpence None the Richer:

Dale Baker
Leigh Nash
J.J. Plasencio
Matt Slocum
Tess Wiley

Steve Taylor
Brent Bourgeois
Scott Wenzel

and in November i get to meet Shawn P!

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 6:02 am

Chuck Billy
Alex Skolnick
Eric Peterson
Steve DiGiorgio
Gene Hoglan
Ron Rinehart
Jim Durkin
Kirk Windstein
Eric AK  
Kerry King
Paul Bostaph
Nick Menza
Jani Lane
Don Dokken
Ted Kirkpatrick
Gary Lenaire
Ken Tamplin
Perry Grayson (Destiny's End)

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 am

My favorite ones that I met were Gene Hoglan and Ripper Owens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What musicians have you met?   What musicians have you met? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What musicians have you met?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next