Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekly Chest workout...

Go down 
+9
kethdredd
scottmitchell74
the sentinel
MetalRob331
Thrasher73
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
T-Roy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Weekly Chest workout... Empty
PostSubject: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:13 am

Below is my chest workout for the past couple weeks. Today is chest day again. Looking forward to another great workout. Anyone else work out? What does your chest routine look like?

2/4/08
Flat Bench (Barbell)
135lbs. x 12 reps
225lbs. x 12
315lbs. x 4
315lbs. x 4

The we grabbed some dumbells and did reps on the incline, decline and flat benches.
40lbs. x 15 flat, x 15 incline, x15 decline
45lbs. x 12 flat, x 12 incline, x12 decline
50lbs. x 12 flat, x 12 incline, x12 decline

After that it was cable flies. 36 reps doing varying different cable moves.
24 standing cable (40lbs.), 12 bench cable(40lbs.), 12 chest press machine (60lbs.) x 3 sets.

Flat Bench Suicides on the machine:

Rep all the even weight from 100lbs. to 290lbs. as much as 12x each.

2/11/08
...and the next week I was pumped because I was able to beat my own bench and dumbell incline record. I'd been working towards this for almost a year.

Flat Bench (Barbell)
135lbs. x 12 reps
135lbs. x 12 reps
225lbs. x 12
315lbs. x 5
350lbs. x 1

Getting five reps at 315 was a goal I had been trying to reach for quite some time! Now it's time for 6!

Dumbbell Incline
100lbs. x 12
110lbs. x 12
125lbs x 6

225 is the heaviest I have ever gone on dumbbell incline.

Decline Bench
185lbs. x 12
205lbs. x 12
225lbs. x 12

Peck Deck
3 sets of 12 x 100lbs.

ult

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Wow! No other gym rats here but me huh?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Well, I have a chest work out, but it consists mostly pushing myself up out bed every morning. Actually, I copied the text out of your post and put in a word file to take home! I just recently bought a really nice multi weight station thing. Now, just gotta use it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 4:25 pm

I'm an old boxer, man. I don't know how to weight train, for the most part. I need to start for real, though. Getting a little flabby around the mid-section. I should probably hook up with a personal trainer for a month or two.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:06 pm

my 10 year old will be old enough to enroll in a boxing gym in town when he's 12. He has pretty consistently and persistently said he wants to do it since he was 9. I think it would be cool. Mom? not so much. But I'm working on her.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:08 pm

I don't do the heavy work-outs anymore. I used to though. Nowadays it's just cardio and some machinery to keep the weight in check.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Yeah, I don't do nearly the workout I used to either. Arthritis in my right shoulder. Here's my chest workout:

Flat bench - 4 sets of 10 reps with 85# dumbbells
Flat Flyes - 4 sets of 10 reps with 65# dumbbells
Incline bench - 4 sets of 10 with 55#
Incline Flyes - 4 x 10 with 45#
Decline bench - 4 x 10 with 65 #
Decline Flyes - 4 x 10 with 55 #

Lately though, I've knocked the weight down to give my shoulder a rest. But when I do that, I superset the bench and flyes.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 6:43 pm

I try to keep my workout simple.If I was doing all that Ult was doing I would lose interest quick.I try to keep my workout to 30-45 minutes.

Heres mine right now

Flat bench(Barbell)
3 sets of 10 with 200#

incline
3 sets of 10 with 180#

I also do pull ups on my Total Gym for 3 sets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:54 pm

T-Roy wrote:
my 10 year old will be old enough to enroll in a boxing gym in town when he's 12. He has pretty consistently and persistently said he wants to do it since he was 9. I think it would be cool. Mom? not so much. But I'm working on her.
Blah! It's good for any kid. It doesn't mean he'll be cut out to be a pro boxer, but it surely can't hurt him. It teaches discipline and teaches a kid how to fight and defend himself, which I personally think any kid should know. Doesn't mean he needs to start fights, but sooner or later someone will start a fight with him.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 7:56 pm

I agree with Eyesore. If nothing else, the boy will be in great shape and learn discipline.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Most of my chest workout consists of 50 push ups a day. Most of my training is cardio as i like to be in shape on the inside more then the outside as i play a lot of sports. I used to own a great full workout gym but sold it off, which i regret to this day.

Hey ult do u think bench press is the best way to get a great definition around the chest area?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 7:56 pm

135x12 WU
185 x 7 WA
235 x 5 (2 sets)
255 x 5 (2 sets)

Incline 185 X 7 (3 sets)
Incline (2) 165 X 7 (3 sets) I raise the angle on the bench.

I usually superset chest with some shoulders and/or back and switch it off week to week. I switch the incline and decline every few weeks. I maxed at 305lbs. last August (2007). I currently weigh 206lbs. I want to get to 400lbs by this Christmas (my gift to myself) so it will be double my body weight. All natural (except for Creatine).
And Flinstone vitamins. lol!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey Sentinal! Nice to see another lifter!

Funny that you mention that. Just the other day I was thinking I'd like 360 by January 2009 (that would be a double for me). I've a loooooooong way to go as I'm a terrible bencher for my weight but I think with creativity and fire I can get there!

(I had a partner in 06 so I was lifting with a spotter and that makes all the difference in the World for me. Not to mention it just adds a little intensity. By July 30 I got 310 - my first 300 ever - but I'd gotten intoxicated with just getting bigger and my "bad" size was getting out of hand. I was pushing 200 and although I wasn't by any means fat or chubby I decided to take measures before I WAS. So, I retooled my working out and dropped to 180 again last Summer. I was still lifting but light high-rep stuff and doing tons of cardio. My bench got hit the hardest. In Aug 07 I started lifting hard again and Powerlifting so I'm using the Meet I'm currently training for as a litmus test and as a platform for the Ultimate X2 goal! I've had 300, now I want MORE!! I also would like to get a 2.5 or more squat and a 3X DL by the time I'm I get to the 09 July Meet)
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 4:39 pm

I try to lift about 3 times a week. I mostly work out just to keep myself from becoming morbidly obese Razz . Today I did chest/tri, which usually consists of:

Bench 12,10,8,6
Tri Pulldowns 12,10,8,6
Incline Dumbells 12,10,8,6
Tri Extensions 12,10,8
Cable Fly 12,10,8

Thats all I usually have time for in the 45min-1hr before I have to leave for work.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:21 pm

I just got back from the gym (first time in more than a month Embarassed ).

Here's what I did:

Flat Bench:
115lbs. x 12 reps
125lbs. x 10 reps
135lbs. x 8 reps
185lbs. x 6 reps (4x)
155lbs. x failure (3x)

Seated machine flys:

Not sure of the weight here, I set it on 10 and do two sets of ten reps

Incline bench:

2 set of ten reps with 55 lb dumbells

I walk to and from the gym for some cardio and to give my legs a bit of a workout, since I can't lift with them any more.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:16 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Hey Sentinal! Nice to see another lifter!

Funny that you mention that. Just the other day I was thinking I'd like 360 by January 2009 (that would be a double for me). I've a loooooooong way to go as I'm a terrible bencher for my weight but I think with creativity and fire I can get there!

(I had a partner in 06 so I was lifting with a spotter and that makes all the difference in the World for me. Not to mention it just adds a little intensity. By July 30 I got 310 - my first 300 ever - but I'd gotten intoxicated with just getting bigger and my "bad" size was getting out of hand. I was pushing 200 and although I wasn't by any means fat or chubby I decided to take measures before I WAS. So, I retooled my working out and dropped to 180 again last Summer. I was still lifting but light high-rep stuff and doing tons of cardio. My bench got hit the hardest. In Aug 07 I started lifting hard again and Powerlifting so I'm using the Meet I'm currently training for as a litmus test and as a platform for the Ultimate X2 goal! I've had 300, now I want MORE!! I also would like to get a 2.5 or more squat and a 3X DL by the time I'm I get to the 09 July Meet)

It gets infectious, doesn't it? I have actually dropped weight, body weight I mean. I was at 228 for a long time while I was a substitute teacher (a lot of sitting and drinking coffee); but now that I am back working at the sporting goods store (more walking and unloading trucks at 6am) I have dropped 20 pounds and upped the bench a few more. I don't know if it will be physically possible to get to 400 as I am only 5'5''. I don't know how much more muscle I can put on my smaller frame. I am certainly not fat, nor even chubby. I take after my mom (thick and Italian,LOL) so I am quite solid. I wish you luck brother.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:18 pm

You too!

Do you do the other lifts? (Squat and DL)
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 pm

I do deadlifts, but I don't squat as often as I should. I have big legs to begin with (17 years of soccer, 5 years of wrestling and hockey); so i actually started weightlifting about ten years ago to kind of even out when college and sports were over for me. I was actually noticing your avatar tonight (I never really looked the other 7000 times I have been on this board) and was thinking you were pretty jacked. Although, the blue guy in the middle still has bigger arms. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:32 pm

I used to lift weights back in high school for wrestling and some time afterwards. At one time I wanted to be huge and strong but I started to get lazy and somewhat bored with it and just became fat. At this point in my life I just no longer have the motivation to work out. One of these days I will but I need to have a normal job schedule and a stable life which I do not have. One of these days, when I have my own place, I might invest in a Bowflex or something. I do need to work out because I have a very difficult time watching what I eat and excersize is my only hope of shedding some of this fat. I envy you lifters but I just don't have the motivation or genetics to be overly strong. Even when I was working out regularly, the most I ever maxed on bench was 185. No matter how hard I worked at it I just couldn't surpass that much. I used to get frustrated at not being able to be as strong as my peers but these days (for the most part) I've resigned to the fact that I will never be very physically strong. Kay sara sara, whatever will be will be.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:09 pm

I think people in general are too hung up on the question of "how much ya bench?" The last few years of lifting hve been my best (both mentally and physically) because I am doing it for myself and noone else. It's just me with a Smith machine in my basement with some thrash metal and a stack of weights. Oh, and a notebook and pen.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:01 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I think people in general are too hung up on the question of "how much ya bench?" The last few years of lifting hve been my best (both mentally and physically) because I am doing it for myself and noone else.

See that is why if I get myself into a stable routine I want to get a bow flex and work out again. When I was origionally lifting weights in high school all I was caught up in, apart from wrestling was how much I could bench. Teenagers are the worst when it comes to that. I always felt insecure because most of the people smaller than me and those my size who started out at the same weight as me where maxing up to and over 200 lbs. while no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get close enough. When I was in my early 20's I just gave up and soon realized that there is more important things than being strong. Since then, there are certain aspects of a good workout that I miss but I sure as hell don't miss the pressurue of trying to meet society's idea of what makes a man (strength, fighting ability, etc.).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Quote :
I just gave up and soon realized that there is more important things than being strong.

This is somewhat true, and I've streamlined how much time I spend training to reflect how important I think it is. However, being strong(er) than I would be without lifting makes life easier in so many ways. Chores, picking kids up, chopping wood, moving furniture, stuff at work. It makes a difference in my life for sure.

One gets by or learns to work around things without the strength but it does come in handy at times. I'm short so being stronger than the fellas at work comes in handy at times. I don't mind being the "grunt".

It's a long way off but it'll pay off as I age. I'm sure you know about testosterone, bone density and muscle mass loss as we age. Well, you can't stop it but you can help stem the tide of Father Time quite a bit if you exercise. You don't have to do full-on "get as strong as I can" type stuff. In fact, check Toho's pick. For general fitness that's a darn near PERFECT set up!

Another consideration for me is heart health. I'm entering prime "widow maker" time for men and I want to live to see my girls be old women. I might get cancer, die in a freak accident, etc.....but all things being equal I'm trying to hedge my bets so I can get my Four Score +.

One turd at work says all the time that when I'm old and dying - when people ask "what are you dying of" I'll be forced to say "nothing". I hope so!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:29 am

the sentinel wrote:
I think people in general are too hung up on the question of "how much ya bench?" The last few years of lifting hve been my best (both mentally and physically) because I am doing it for myself and noone else. It's just me with a Smith machine in my basement with some thrash metal and a stack of weights. Oh, and a notebook and pen.

Sounds like me.I've got a Weider bench in the basement,plenty of weights and lots of thrash. 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:50 am

Quote :
It's just me with a Smith machine in my basement with some thrash metal and a stack of weights. Oh, and a notebook and pen.

Sounds like me.I've got a Weider bench in the basement,plenty of weights and lots of thrash.

Men after my own heart. I do it in my garage. I listen to metal on vinyl (or cassette) and get after it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:15 am

I will begin soon. My brother will coach me because we have all what we need at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Chest workout...   Weekly Chest workout... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weekly Chest workout...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next