Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
kmorg
EvyMetal
White_Mage
nevermore
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
sam
Wargod
stormspell
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:21 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
This album cost us roughly twice what we spent on the last one.

So it should be Twice as good,eh TOB? Smile

I think it is. Wink
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
I am honored that you would consider us but I am not sure we can just give away four of our songs for free after the thousands of dollars it has cost us to create them.

I politely disagree its a "give away songs for free" - its a barter deal in which you receive retail-ready product you can sell at your shows/website and keep 100% profit for youself. Besides, I only license the non-exclusive usage of the songs for the compilations. You retain the ownership at all times and are free to use the songs on any other projects you may want.

I too am in this with tons of cash. To be precise, the total expenses on this project (artwork, design, manufacturing, obi strips, etc) clocked at a bit over $2700... those are no cheap minimalistic products, they are of the same packaging quality like Cauldron Born for example.

I can guarantee you that if the bands sell their copies at $10 ea, they will make a LOT more profit than me, given the fact the majority of my copies will be wholesaled/consigned with minimal profit. We are talking about a thousands of dollars a band can make by sharing 20 minutes of their music with me.

Also, as a part of the deal, if the bands need more copies, they have the option of getting more from me and simply splitting the profit afterwards. I honestly believe my offer is one of the best in the underground

Anyhow, I didnt tell all this to convince you to come aboard - it is your decision to make and I respect it. I just wanted people to know how it works. There are plenty of people which think it is only the bands which have expenses and labels just capitalize on their hard work. It is not always the case - I've been putting a ot of funds and time into those projects, just like I do with all my other releases.

Regarding the music variety: I try to be as open minded as I can. In fact I want the series to show plenty of variety, music and lyricswise. I do try to pair the two bands on every volume to be not drastically different, but within the series I'd love to represent all aspects of the genre.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:44 pm

Never heard of either of these bands, but the names sound good at least! The cover is killer too!

If you want, send me a copy and I'll play it on my Thrash Warfare show!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:45 pm

stormspell wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
It's too bad a copy of that CD won't be rolling my way

How come? Even if you have a particular reason of not buying from me, you still can support the bands by getting one directly from them at their shows, or by ordering from any of the distributors that will carry it below:

USA
The End Records
Century Media
Cd Baby
Sentinel Steel
Relapse (not confirmed yet)
Amazon.com
Shadow Kingdom

GERMANY
Helle's Underground Distribution
Hellion Records
Rock It Up Records
LMP / Rock Planet (possible, not confirmed yet)
Karthago Records
Battle Cry Distribution

GREECE:
Sonic Age
Steel Gallery

RUSSIA:
Metalism Records
Stygian Crypt

JAPAN:
Disk Heaven Osaka
Rock Avenue
Rock Stakk

...and any other distro/label which will want to carry it

I will get it from germany somewhere, maybe HELLION. Great idea and yes, without people like you metal would never be the same.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that you were ripping anyone of or not sinking a lot of money into your releases. My impression is that just the opposite is true.

Have you considered maybe doing something like this in the future with several bands, each submitting, say two songs?

Let me think about this a bit and we can discuss it through PM if you'd like.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:07 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Have you considered maybe doing something like this in the future with several bands, each submitting, say two songs?

Let me think about this a bit and we can discuss it through PM if you'd like.

I dont know, I want to see how Thrash Clash will take out out first. If first two volumes generate interest and can recoup the investements, I probably will stick to the 2-band format and try to keep it going for awhile. This is the format I personally like most anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm

stormspell wrote:
Cd Baby.

How did you get em on CDbaby ? I though they just delt with bands, not labels ?

still it's a sweet product and OI can't wait to take a few off of your hands.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:36 pm

Locky wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Cd Baby.

CDBaby works with labels too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:37 pm

stormspell wrote:
Locky wrote:
stormspell wrote:
Cd Baby.

CDBaby works with labels too.

Me bad. wooo hoooo Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Phantom Witch has an EP on The End for $7.49.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:04 pm

I like this idea, and LOVE the cover art. I need to check out the bands you have on this.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:24 pm

I would not go the full compilation route as it is a serious pain in the ass. It took over a year for Speed Kills...Again to come out because of bands breaking up, and other miscellaneous things. It sold well, but compilations just don't sell well.

Stick with your 2 band format as that goes farther!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:31 pm

stormspell wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
It's too bad a copy of that CD won't be rolling my way

How come? Even if you have a particular reason of not buying from me, you still can support the bands by getting one directly from them at their shows, or by ordering from any of the distributors that will carry it below:

USA
The End Records
Century Media
Cd Baby
Sentinel Steel
Relapse (not confirmed yet)
Amazon.com
Shadow Kingdom

GERMANY
Helle's Underground Distribution
Hellion Records
Rock It Up Records
LMP / Rock Planet (possible, not confirmed yet)
Karthago Records
Battle Cry Distribution

GREECE:
Sonic Age
Steel Gallery

RUSSIA:
Metalism Records
Stygian Crypt

JAPAN:
Disk Heaven Osaka
Rock Avenue
Rock Stakk

...and any other distro/label which will want to carry it

Awesome I was not aware that I could get a copy off Amazon I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be released internationaly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yes, essentially they self-pressed the EP. From what I've been given to use as a master, it is a very budget slimcase release without real insert.

I'm not overly happy with this, coz in the contract there is a clause in which the bands agree not to re-license/release the same material for 6 months after my release date. I'd never have any problem with them self-pressing it and selling at their shows before my release is out, I only wish they could have at least asked me out of simple courtesy before putting it for distribution on The End (which are my official distributors too and there could be a conflict)... But anyway, its not a big deal and I'm not going to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:19 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Awesome I was not aware that I could get a copy off Amazon I was under the impression that it wasn't going to be released internationaly Very Happy

Almost every small online distro ships worldwide these days, me included. You can get it from Amazon of course if you prefer, though their price may be a bit heftier coz they are taxing me with 55% commission fees, and if I put it on at $9.99 retail with them, that means they will pay me only $4.50 back... which is simply not acceptible for me. The retail price on Amazon will probably be $11.99
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:36 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I would not go the full compilation route as it is a serious pain in the ass. It took over a year for Speed Kills...Again to come out because of bands breaking up, and other miscellaneous things. It sold well, but compilations just don't sell well.

I cannot agree with you more.
Most of the time I felt I'm doing a double work having to coordinate with two bands instead of one. And it takes only ONE band to goof out and take their sweet time, to delay the compilation and screw all your release plans. Two bands on a volume is quite enough me thinks!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Not that wild about Taking Over, but Phantom Witch sound great! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:53 pm

stormspell wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Yes, essentially they self-pressed the EP. From what I've been given to use as a master, it is a very budget slimcase release without real insert.

I'm not overly happy with this, coz in the contract there is a clause in which the bands agree not to re-license/release the same material for 6 months after my release date. I'd never have any problem with them self-pressing it and selling at their shows before my release is out, I only wish they could have at least asked me out of simple courtesy before putting it for distribution on The End (which are my official distributors too and there could be a conflict)... But anyway, its not a big deal and I'm not going to worry about it.
So some or all of the tracks will appear on both? Yeah, that's pretty lame of the band.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:57 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I agree. Compilations can be very tedious. I rarely listen to any of them. A split is way more cohesive and likely to have much more replay value, and be much more likely to become sought after in the long run.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:00 pm

Quote :
Just for the record, I paid for everything, from artwork commissions, booklet design, manufacturing costs etc.,

I feel you. I have covered the cost of the CMR CD's myself and am preparing for Volume III!

I'd like to get ahold of this CD when it is out.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:14 am

It should be on hands ready to ship by February 29th.

I'll set up a paypal preorder links on the label store page later tonight for everyone that would like to get as lower number as possible.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:41 am

I see you have it up.

I'll wait for the other updates and do and all at once buy!

A lot of the sale items have been great! Some gems. Love that Crying Steel and American Angel!!

Inspell and Demonic Resurrection were nice surprises as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 am

Paid!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 2:17 am

Eyesore got the first one! Thanks for the ongoing support man!

@scottmitchell74 - good idea. I'm wrapping up the Thrash Clash so I can send it to the manufacturing on monday, and my next task would be to update the distro! Plenty of japanese pressings are waiting to be added among other things, and I'll try to keep prices as low as possible!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:25 am

cheers

Can't.Save.My.Money.......... fainting

Too many whores selling their precious wares!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next