Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2

Go down 
+11
Lurideath
kmorg
EvyMetal
White_Mage
nevermore
Temple of Blood
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
sam
Wargod
stormspell
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Empty
PostSubject: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:38 pm

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 ThrashClash-Vol1-11

Release date tentatively scheduled for February 29th, 2008
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Awesome cover I shall be getting this!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:01 pm

It sure is lovely, looking forward to the release.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:06 pm

holy bajesus! that is cool!

but i am sucker for those fantesy type covers, ther're such works of art
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:29 pm

We are still drawing the interior backgrounds and frames. I'll be dreaming skulls, bones, and chains for weeks, haha!

Anyhow, it will be 12-page stapled booklet release, strictly limited to 1000 hand-numbered copies.

Since the series are meant to be a stepping stone for new talented thrash bands, I'll be selling those at a special "price-killers" price of only $9.99... who knows, maybe in some years when those bands are vell known established powerhouse names, those CDs will be collectible and will go for $100+ on eGay Laughing

I'll also offer a very special STEAL-DEAL PACKAGE: buy 6 for $59 with FREE WORLDWIDE priority mail included in the price!

Get a pack, trade out with buddies, resell on eBay, or just give to friends. Spread the word, and help us out! humble
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Killer cover.Gots to have it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:32 pm

So this is a Stormspell exclusive, eh? Sounds sweet! You should have called it Tits of Steel Vol. 1, though.

I put out a compilation way back in the day where it was essentially funded by the bands. If I remember correctly they paid $125 each and got 100 CDs that they could sell themselves. We did a 2000 CD run. Even if they sold them for $3 they made a profit, but most sold them for $7 or $10. It did well, too. Even I made some cash!

I've always wanted to do that again, but I'm not sure how the dynamic of bands paying works these days.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:40 pm

edit:nevermind
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Awesome! I'll be sure to snag one or two just for the art!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:50 pm

This was an idea I had for a long time and wanted to explore. A series of split releases, each volume containing two bands with 4-7 songs each. As I said above, the idea is to give young promising bands an opportunity to have their demos released in professional way and spread around. My benefit is exposing my label to all those kinds that will buy those CDs directly from the bands. I also hope that some of those bands will make it through and establish themselves, and I'll be part of their early history.

Just for the record, I paid for everything, from artwork commissions, booklet design, manufacturing costs etc., and I'm giving the bands more than 100 CDs each...

I'm not sure, but I somehow doubtful there will be many bands willing to pay for this... any profit would be welcomed of course, but I'll be happy even if I only manage to break even.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:00 pm

Our scene would be utterly dead without the dedication of guys like Stormy. I, for one, applaud the efforts!!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:15 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Our scene would be utterly dead without the dedication of guys like Stormy. I, for one, applaud the efforts!!

Very True.I wish more Labels worked like Stormspell.I think he sincerely cares about the music and artist.Cheers to ya Stormspell!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:40 pm

Agreed! It's such a good idea. I'd be sure to set aside some of my cd budget just for these releases. I think it's a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 pm

Great cover!

Who will be featured on here?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:11 am

Awesome cover!!!
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 am

That cover is epic and Phantom Witch are an awesome band
It's too bad a copy of that CD won't be rolling my way
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:38 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Great cover!

TAKING OVER from San Bernardino, CA and PHANTOM WITCH from Columbus, IN.

Hint: check sound samples by clicking on the band names above

P.S. if you ever decide to give it a try, please do know that I'd be honored to have Temple of Blood on Volume 4 (2 and 3 are booked already, sorry Smile )

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:49 am

White_Mage wrote:
It's too bad a copy of that CD won't be rolling my way

How come? Even if you have a particular reason of not buying from me, you still can support the bands by getting one directly from them at their shows, or by ordering from any of the distributors that will carry it below:

USA
The End Records
Century Media
Cd Baby
Sentinel Steel
Relapse (not confirmed yet)
Amazon.com
Shadow Kingdom

GERMANY
Helle's Underground Distribution
Hellion Records
Rock It Up Records
LMP / Rock Planet (possible, not confirmed yet)
Karthago Records
Battle Cry Distribution

GREECE:
Sonic Age
Steel Gallery

RUSSIA:
Metalism Records
Stygian Crypt

JAPAN:
Disk Heaven Osaka
Rock Avenue
Rock Stakk

...and any other distro/label which will want to carry it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:16 am

stormspell wrote:
Just for the record, I paid for everything, from artwork commissions, booklet design, manufacturing costs etc., and I'm giving the bands more than 100 CDs each...
Hey man! I was like 20 years old...and very poor! Haha. I actually got the entire concept from other people that did it, and it worked for them. Each band gave us $160 and got 90 CDs. They were alloted 4 minutes each, so basically one song, or two really short songs. This would definitely not work today. Haha. This was back when CD burners were uncommon in homes. This way of doing it was more common back then because of that.

I looked and I still have the info we sent out. The CD was called Beautiful Are The Disturbed. Totally emo. Haha. It was before emo was frowned upon, though. Before nu-metal was even big, too. In the info sheet I wrote (when saying what styles would be acceptable): Nu-metal (whatever that is). Haha.

But hey, our hearts were in the right place. We did it to promote some great bands and make them some money. So I definitely love the idea, Storm! I'll be buying a copy for sure.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 am

I totally understand and agree with you - nowadays everyone can get 100 pro-rinted CDRs for $300 and put on CDBaby for worldwide distribution. 10 years ago this was impossible and your way would have been a reasonable solution for a band to get something released without paying arm and leg. It just wont work nowadays I think.

Thank you for the support! You guys are all awesome, much appreciated! humble
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:01 am

stormspell wrote:

USA
The End Records
Century Media
Cd Baby
Sentinel Steel
Relapse (not confirmed yet)
Amazon.com
Shadow Kingdom

I'm surprised that there's this much distribution over the net. I think I'll pick up a copy from Amazon.com
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 3:04 am

Those were the ones on top on my head. I'm sure there will be more distros carrying it once it is released.

I've signed with the advantage program and will be putting all my releases on Amazon in several weeks.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:00 pm

stormspell wrote:

I'll also offer a very special STEAL-DEAL PACKAGE: buy 6 for $59 with FREE WORLDWIDE priority mail included in the price!

OK, I'll buy 12 of them, and people here can buy them from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol! just kidding

I'll snag a copy for sure though.....

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:01 pm

stormspell wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Great cover!

TAKING OVER from San Bernardino, CA and PHANTOM WITCH from Columbus, IN.

Hint: check sound samples by clicking on the band names above

P.S. if you ever decide to give it a try, please do know that I'd be honored to have Temple of Blood on Volume 4 (2 and 3 are booked already, sorry Smile )

Sorry man, I guess I should've caught that from the title. I haven't heard of those bands before but I will check them out now.

I am honored that you would consider us but I am not sure we can just give away four of our songs for free after the thousands of dollars it has cost us to create them. Plus, we have more variety on our album than the average thrash band. We have some old school metal sounding songs and some doom songs, for example. It is already gonna be tough for us to break even on this release after all the money we've spent to record. This album cost us roughly twice what we spent on the last one.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:10 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
This album cost us roughly twice what we spent on the last one.

So it should be Twice as good,eh TOB? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2   THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THRASH CLASH Vol.1 & Vol.2
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: