Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living Sacrifice is back....

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Stender
nevermore
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
GrandNational
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
kethdredd
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:58 pm

It says "Sounds Like: Thrash" on their myspace page. I don't ever recall them making that claim in the metalcore era.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Wow i'm surprised at all the cynicism toward their reunion. I'm pretty sure they're not gonna reform just to let everyone down. I'd say they will continue in the vein of the two new songs that were on In Memorium which i thought sounded killer, especially Bruce's vocals which sounded more fuller and heavier than before.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 9:58 pm

absolutely, I'm stoked!
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 10:44 pm

Maybe the new Soul Embraced album will give us a hint of what is to come. But then again, different vocalist. I would love it if they went back to their thrash roots.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:02 pm

steelers wrote:
It says "Sounds Like: Thrash" on their myspace page. I don't ever recall them making that claim in the metalcore era.
Oddly enough, they never were in that metalcore era.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Ugh! Wonder what trend they will follow now? Metalcore seems a bit passé now. I'd be willing to bet they go in a direction like Becoming the Archetype or something similar.
Hopefully they'll follow in the vein of the S/T.Who knows?With all the retro Thrash bands out now.There's still Hope.
I'd say it'll be more like Soul Embraced. Of course, with Rocky's long stint in Evanescence—who knows! Laughing

I hope so, Conceieved in Fire was too boring an samey sonding (except The Poisoning) which is what usually turns me off of metlcore. But with metalcore on it's last leg I have some hope. I think however, as Saxon 1500 said, the important thing is that they will be carrying the message of Christ with them to the listener.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:47 pm

I only heard one L.S. album and didn't like it at all, I assume it was from their "metalcore" phase back in the early '00s. I've always been interested in hearing their debut though, cuz I've heard that it was a pretty decent slice of old school Metallica style thrash. Is that true? Is it worth pursuing?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I only heard one L.S. album and didn't like it at all, I assume it was from their "metalcore" phase back in the early '00s. I've always been interested in hearing their debut though, cuz I've heard that it was a pretty decent slice of old school Metallica style thrash. Is that true? Is it worth pursuing?

Their debut is a killer thrash album.Very similar in sound to old Slayer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:06 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

I don't think many agree with me, but the first Living Sacrifice was too much of a Believer clone for me. I couldn't enjoy it because it sounded so similar. So I traded it to Sax for a toothpick and he sold it for $250. Smile

(ya know I kid, Unc)
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:45 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

I don't think many agree with me, but the first Living Sacrifice was too much of a Believer clone for me. I couldn't enjoy it because it sounded so similar. So I traded it to Sax for a toothpick and he sold it for $250. Smile

(ya know I kid, Unc)

You're right,I dont agree with you on the Believer comparison.Believer where much more technical than LS.The Debut was a straight out thrasher to my ears.Different strokes I guess
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:49 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Agreed.... The vocal delivery was VERY Tom Araya.... like....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:55 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

(ya know I kid, Unc)
um....does anybody EVER agree with you?! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 2:58 pm

The voices do.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 3:00 pm

"givezz the preszzcious to us"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Quote :
don't think many agree with me, but the first Living Sacrifice was too much of a Believer clone for me. I couldn't enjoy it because it sounded so similar. So I traded it to Sax for a toothpick and he sold it for $250.

I had to check, but you sent me the autographed one, right? I still have that. I think I am doing Christian metal in 2 weeks, so we will see if you are a soothsayer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:15 pm

No, I sent the REX issue. No autograph. I think it went a couple weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:06 pm

Just read that LS will be touring with Demon Hunter this summer.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 6:40 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Stender wrote:
If LS goes Emo I will freak, Conceived in fire and Reborn are definately on my top ten.
I JUST SPIT SOME SODA ON THAT ONE! lol! Laughing very hard

I HATE Freaken EMOs I hope they all get drafted in the war and die.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Just joined the board, and got hit with this awesome news. Great stuff, definatly going to look forward to it!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Greetings and welcome awillis50! 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:22 pm

Stender wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Stender wrote:
If LS goes Emo I will freak, Conceived in fire and Reborn are definately on my top ten.
Sounds like a fairly emo reply we've got here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 7:40 pm

HA! The way I have always picked on my Emo listening friends is to take any normal activity, put it to song, then sing it like you are whining in pain.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Stender wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
Stender wrote:
Sounds like a fairly emo reply we've got here.

Yeah, so's your face.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:04 pm

sweet, always enjoyed their debut album and the second one. hopefully their new one will be fast 'n' heavy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Agreed.... The vocal delivery was VERY Tom Araya.... like....

I'm really excited to see LS come back again. The first album was produced by Doug Mann and Kurt Bachmann from Believer but they don't sound the same. Different styles of thrash. The s/t album is definitely very Slayer-like, especially the vocals. A very good thing.

I think the new LS album will be more like the new songs on the In Memoriam album, which are good, but would like them to go to some of their older roots. Who knows, but it's definitely good news. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice is back....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next