Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Living Sacrifice song.

Go down 
+11
Metallic Blaze
ultmetal
AchrisK
Thrasher73
exact33
shamgar75
metalheaded
mc666
MetalFRO
T-Roy
Troublezone
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

New Living Sacrifice song. Empty
PostSubject: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:37 am

I hear a Pantera/Lamb of God influence. The riffs are pretty catchy.

http://www.myspace.com/livingsacrifice
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 am

Totally brutal! headbanger

I have the iTunes Death Machine ep to The Infinite Order. CAN'T WAIT!
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:53 am

Troublezone wrote:
I hear a Pantera/Lamb of God influence. The riffs are pretty catchy.

Yeah, I especially hear the LoG influence. This is sounding good - I'm not particularly a fan of LoG, though that's not necessarily because of their style of music, I just never found them all that great. But this new stuff sounds good. I was less impressed by the Death Machine tracks, though I like the "thicker" guitar tone those had than this. Of course, this is a 96KB/s Myspace feed, so the final product may well sound much better. But I'm looking forward to the album regardless, because I'm a long-time LS fan and have liked everything they've put out Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:14 pm

i sort of figured they'd go a LoG or Slipknot direction. after all, that's what the kids are hip to these days.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
i sort of figured they'd go a LoG or Slipknot direction. after all, that's what the kids are hip to these days.
lame
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:31 pm

^^ They "sort of" did the Slipknot thing w/ "The Hammering Process" in terms of all the extra percussion. But I really liked that album & all of the little nuances present because of that element, so I felt they did it well, whether it was gimmicky or not. I'm not so sure it's the "hip" thing, more just the band feeding off whatever they're digging on at the moment. They were thrash when they were into thrash, death when they were into death, and they went metalcore LONG before it was popular (1997?), so while this may reek of "cash grab" it is more likely that's what the band is into right now.

I felt like the "Death Machine" tracks had an early Demon Hunter vibe to them, which I thought was odd because it was certainly not the time to be jumping on the early DH bandwagon, considering the band had become progressive more melodic since then. Thus, I think it's probably just reflective of the influences they're distilling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:46 pm

Living Sacrifice are probably the only band I've heard that have that metalcore sound, but pull it off very well. I've liked everything they've put out, as well, and have all their albums except In Memoriam.

They have a unique signature sound that stands out from everyone else I've heard, which is why I like them and not all those *other* metalcore bands, who all pretty much sound the same. LS's song structures are cool, too, even with the breakdowns. They get away with the breakdowns since they make them truly heavy and not "look how heavy we are because we downtuned" heavy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 pm

I don't hear any Slipknot in there but there is a Dimebag type groove going on in the rhythm.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:27 pm

mc666 wrote:

Whatever style they choose to do they do well imo. The music is a vehicle for their message of God. The lyrics are well thought out and puposefull, not thrown together for a cash grab.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:39 pm

I've always loved Living Sacrifice. The new song sounds really good. I'm curious to hear what the rest of the new album will sound like.

I wish they had stayed with the thrash of the S/T album, but I enjoy their whole catalog.

Rock on LS! New Living Sacrifice song. 604261
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:12 pm

shamgar75 wrote:
I wish they had stayed with the thrash of the S/T album

me too.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 am

exact33 wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

me too.

me three

I just dont care much for LS anymore.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:07 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

me too.

me three

I just dont care much for LS anymore.

Ill listen to the new one with an open mind but I havent really loved anything since the ST.

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:56 am

mc666 wrote:

Yeah, LS have a history of doing that. It worked out for me with the first three albums, but nothing after that. Not sure why they feel the need to be like that. I doubt I will ever hear the new stuff.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:51 pm

AchrisK wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Yeah, LS have a history of doing that. It worked out for me with the first three albums, but nothing after that. Not sure why they feel the need to be like that. I doubt I will ever hear the new stuff.

Hey AcK! How are you?

AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Real good, Alex. I have mostly been posting at the Ultimate Metal, General Metal Discussion forums. I am thinking I may like to kick it here more often.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:13 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Real good, Alex. I have mostly been posting at the Ultimate Metal, General Metal Discussion forums. I am thinking I may like to kick it here more often.

You should! You are one of the originals bro. Miss having you around. headbanger

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:24 pm

AchrisK wrote:

cmon! Youll like it!!

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:08 am

exact33 wrote:
shamgar75 wrote:

me too.

Same here. I'd love this band if they stayed in that vein.

As it stands now however, I'm not a fan at all - and I doubt I'll ever buy one of their albums again.

More power to those who like them though. Just not my thing.

New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 3:54 pm

The new song sounds good! New Living Sacrifice song. 11840
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

Two more new songs up! Both sound killer. I hear a mix of thrash and Fear Factory type rhythms. I will definately get the new album.

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:15 am

pass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:19 pm

Sounds great to me. Looking forward to this record, and I am the most surprised at that fact.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

The first song sounded pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:23 pm

So far the songs aren't bad. Glad they moved away from the "core" direction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Living Sacrifice song.   New Living Sacrifice song. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Living Sacrifice song.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next