Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Place of Skulls

Go down 
+9
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
candlemass
GrandNational
Hamer12
kmorg
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
ultmetal
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:44 am

I know Trog is a big fan of this band. Do we have any others?

Favorites:
1. Nailed
2. The Black is Never Far
3. Love Through Blood (EP)
4. With Vision

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:22 am

I like them quite a bit...don't spin them very often, but when I do I'm reminded how good they are.

Faves:
1. With Vision
2. Nailed
3. The Black is Never Far
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:25 am

I have Nailed. That was the first time I'd ever listen to doomish metal. At first, I wasn't crazy about it...inlight of death, thrash and other faster, harsher forms I was enjoying at the time. But the more I've listen to that cd, the more I like it. I just played it a couple weeks ago and for the first time, was actually REALLY enjoying it. Need to explore them more as well as Paramecium.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:49 am

T-Roy wrote:
I have Nailed. That was the first time I'd ever listen to doomish metal. At first, I wasn't crazy about it...inlight of death, thrash and other faster, harsher forms I was enjoying at the time. But the more I've listen to that cd, the more I like it. I just played it a couple weeks ago and for the first time, was actually REALLY enjoying it. Need to explore them more as well as Paramecium.

And also LAST CHAPTER.

and MIRADOR.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:53 am

YES SIR, RIGHT AWAY SIR! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:18 am

I had NAILED for a while but eventually traded it off. It was good, but I rarely listened to it. Not really a huge doom metal guy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:22 am

I don't think I am either. But I should still check out some more before I decide to move on. Place of Skulls 927150
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:38 am

T-Roy wrote:
I don't think I am either. But I should still check out some more before I decide to move on. Place of Skulls 927150

Paramaecium will be right up your alley T-Roy. They are doom/death metal, whereas Place of Skulls is straight up, old school doooooom!

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:19 pm

i only like one track on the 7" and one on the ep. i never considered them doom metal though....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:24 pm

syrus wrote:
i only like one track on the 7" and one on the ep. i never considered them doom metal though....

What else would you consider them? They are on the same playing field as Candlemass and Pentagram.

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:48 pm

Much closer to Pentagram...Candlemass has this epic, grand vibe that Pentagram & PoS just don't have...
Back to top Go down

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Much closer to Pentagram...Candlemass has this epic, grand vibe that Pentagram & PoS just don't have...

and the 70's rawk...
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:54 pm

Like them all. They keep getting better and better.

Administrator
ultmetal

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:59 pm

syrus wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

and the 70's rawk...

OK, so that still makes them a doom metal band. Pentagram were doom metal. Candlemass are more epic, but still doom metal.

70's rock? Where do you think heavy metal came from? Heavy Metal was born in the early 1970's; UFO, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer, Aerosmith, Kiss, etc.

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Quote :
OK, so that still makes them a doom metal band. Pentagram were doom metal. Candlemass are more epic, but still doom metal.

I know...I just felt like being a nit-picky little twerp at that moment... happy
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:14 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

I know...I just felt like being a nit-picky little twerp at that moment... happy

LOL! I was mostly responding to syrus.

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
syrus wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

and the 70's rawk...

70's rock? Where do you think heavy metal came from? Heavy Metal was born in the early 1970's; UFO, Judas Priest, Thin Lizzy, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Blue Cheer, Aerosmith, Kiss, etc.

i could care the less where metal came from...i'm not writing a book neither i'm a journalist....i've put the first candlemass on the microscope and i removed all the 70's rawk influences. it remains exactly the same...i'll do the same now with heathen's rage ep....i'll need a spade to remove them,hehehehe.....
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:32 pm

thinking scratch
Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 1:36 pm

Very high on the want list, dont have any PoS yet.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:08 pm

I'm only missing the EP. Nailed is a classic.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Well since Victor was the guitarist for Pentagram, that makes sence!

They are flat out the best old school doom since early Sabbath! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 pm

The Black Is Never Far is my favorite PoS disc. I like all their releases and think they get better with each one.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 11:34 pm

nevermore wrote:
The Black Is Never Far is my favorite PoS disc. I like all their releases and think they get better with each one.

That's it!

They are all golden, but TBINF is by far the best, IMO.
Back to top Go down

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 11:08 am

So far the only one I have is With Vision (major Wino fan here) and it's a FINE album! I'm especially fond of the song "Nothing Changes" which balances melody & heaviness perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:02 pm

I like them all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Place of Skulls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Place of Skulls   Place of Skulls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Place of Skulls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next