Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baroness - Red Album

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Baroness - Red Album Empty
PostSubject: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 pm

Anyone familiar with these guys or this album? I've read a few good reviews and like what I hear on their myspace page (musically anyway, the vocals can be a little harsh at times), but know little else about them.

http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness

Comments are welcomed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:05 pm

I have their First and Second EPs, and I really dig 'em. I don't own the Red Album or the split album yet, though. From what I've heard, the EPs are heavier than the Red Album. They're basically a sludge band, but have somehow found a little foothold in a small corner of the mainstream market.

If you like what's on their MySpace page, you should dig the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:13 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I have their First and Second EPs, and I really dig 'em. I don't own the Red Album or the split album yet, though. From what I've heard, the EPs are heavier than the Red Album. They're basically a sludge band, but have somehow found a little foothold in a small corner of the mainstream market.

I'm not 100% sold on what I've heard just yet, but it's not bad. I like sludge/stoner bands and these guys seem to fit into that mold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm not 100% sold on what I've heard just yet, but it's not bad. I like sludge/stoner bands and these guys seem to fit into that mold.
They're a tough listen sometimes. That's why I'm waiting to find the new album cheap. But when I'm in the mood, the EPs are great.

Have you ever heard Saviours? They're another stoner kind of band that has a rough singer. Again, sometimes hard to listen to when you want something a bit smoother, but man they've got some killer riffs.

http://www.myspace.com/saviours666
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 4:55 pm

This was my favorite album of 2007. I love it! The vocals aren't all harsh. They are sludgy but there are some nice twin guitar leads and even a little NWOBHM influence. It's well worth picking up.

As a little footnote Guitarist/vocalist John Dyer Baizley does his own band's artwork as well as artwork for Kylesa, Skeletonwitch, Torche and a slew of others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:13 pm

Baroness was on GI Joe! 🤘
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Baroness - Red Album Baroness-final-small
spectrefate wrote:
Baroness was on GI Joe! 🤘

No, not her. Although I'd listen to whatever she'd be singing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:50 pm

I just got this one and I must say that musically these guys are IMPRESSIVE. The arrangements, harmony lines, time signatures...are just flat out odd...in a really good way, in a way that most metal bands would never even attempt. One of the best progressive albums I've heard in quite some time. The style isn't too far removed from what Mastodon is doing, but Baroness seem a little less calculated and more organic.

However, the vocals suck...thankfully most of the album is instrumental. If these dudes either decided to go all-instrumental or get a good vocalist they would be incredible.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 am

I like their First and Second EP much more then the Red Album.

Saw these guys open for Opeth and I was taken aback! I love them!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baroness - Red Album   Baroness - Red Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baroness - Red Album
Page 1 of 1