Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Album release dates

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Album release dates Empty
PostSubject: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:10 am

Someone please enlighten me on this subject, please.

Most albums are released with a European and North American release date. Can anyone tell me why this is? If a record label like let's say, SPV or Sony has worldwide distribution, why should either the Europeans or Americans have to wait sometimes up to 3 months for an album to be released in their continent or country?

Luckily, in America there are great mail orders like The End that imports these albums so fans sometimes don't have to wait for a coon's age.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:35 am

I never understood this phenomenon either. Especially in this day and age, if an album is released in Europe three months before it's released in America, by the time the US release rolls around, the album has been all over the Internet for some time and it's been downloaded all to hell. Then they wonder why nobody buys CDs in the US anymore. Duh.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:50 pm

I always though it had more to do with promotion and tours, say while a CD is released in Europe then the band are playing over here to promote it and that the later release date in say the US is to have the fans ready for when the band come back to support the album at a later stage and so the fans haven't had the album for 3 months etc... but in this internet and downloading age then I think it's a dying fashion. Before all these fileshare programs most fans would not have paid the huge Import prices for the album.

Maybe i'm miles off ?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 2:53 pm

Good points, Locky.
We live in a global market these days with the internet. I think the idea behind the separate release dates needs to be abolished. To help alleviate chronic downloading, I say one release date worldwide!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 3:23 pm

I find is stranger that they're released on Tuesdays here and Mondays in Europe. A one day difference? Huh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I find is stranger that they're released on Tuesdays here and Mondays in Europe. A one day difference? Huh?

It's to account for the time diffirence. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:29 pm

firestar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Is this a serious answer? surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 8:36 pm

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 9:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
firestar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nope I was kidding. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 10:43 pm

firestar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
firestar wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Nope I was kidding. Very Happy
Oh, good. Because if that was the real reason I would have lost a lot of faith in humanity...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Album release dates   Album release dates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Album release dates
Page 1 of 1