Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Icarus Witch

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
assault_attack
Eyesore
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Wargod
ultmetal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 6:49 pm

Icarus Witch - Songs For The Lost

Anyone have this? Thoughts?

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 8:17 pm

It's got a killer Def Leppard, so hell yeah I have it! Haha. I think it's a solid album, but as with their last two, I wish they had a heavier sound. Everything is almost lightweight, you know? Great album, though. And the cover of "Mirror, Mirror" is outstanding.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 pm

I think it's a solid release, I've read reviews on other boards and they gave them not so good reviews. Bull I think it's good!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:54 pm

This one's on my list. Great band IMO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 8:38 am

Don't have it yet but I enjoyed the CAPTURE THE MAGIC album and ROSES ON WHITE LACE ep, so it's on my never ending shopping list... 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 12:00 pm

"Roses on White Lace" RULES!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 am

I got this album for a very cheap price a few days ago. Breathtaking. Will need to investigate this band more. Any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39590

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Roses On White Lace and Capture The Magic are both solid releases, along the same line as Songs For The Lost. I have yet to hear any other of their releases.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I got this album for a very cheap price a few days ago. Breathtaking. Will need to investigate this band more. Any recommendations?

All of them. All their albums are really good. If you dig Songs for the Lost, you should dig the rest.

Love that Def Leppard cover.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:06 am

Very good old school metal.. Love this band....

Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:25 am

I have "Capture the Magic" &  "Draw Down the Moon" on cd.   I did not know about the "songs for the lost" cd, or the "Roses on white lace" EP.

I will get both soon!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 12:26 am

assault_attack wrote:
I have "Capture the Magic" &  "Draw Down the Moon" on cd.   I did not know about the "songs for the lost" cd, or the "Roses on white" lace EP.

I will get both soon!

Right on headbanger

I am ordering me some icarus witch as well headbanger
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 10:12 am

I have all their albums, but I need to revisit them. I don't recall much about them, other than the Roses on White Lace ep. I'd recommend that one.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:21 am

Icarus With has a new lead vocalist and a new single:

Icarus Witch Icarussingleapr18

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 11:32 am

Wow, I'm amazed they're still going.  Tons of line-up changes, which I guess is par for the course.

I'll probably always prefer their debut EP.

EDIT: Aw man, I see that they took Dofka's singer. I'm a much bigger Dofka fan than Icarus Witch.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Icarus With has a new lead vocalist and a new single:

Icarus Witch Icarussingleapr18

I agree with ToB that I'm surprised they're still around.
But this song isn't bad at all!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 5:49 pm

I lost track of these guys quite a few years (and apparently several line-ups!) ago. That debut EP and the first full-length are still pretty sweet listens though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 9:35 pm

All their albums are pretty damn good.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2018 10:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I lost track of these guys quite a few years (and apparently several line-ups!) ago. That debut EP and the first full-length are still pretty sweet listens though.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 8:56 am

Good song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 9:42 am

Sounds decent enough. I have all their other albums, so I imagine I'll pick this one up too at some point.

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 pm

I love this album, but got rid of it in a CD purge a few years ago. Thanks to you though, I just reordered it. \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Icarus Witch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Icarus Witch   Icarus Witch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Icarus Witch
Page 1 of 1