Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The best concerts of 2007

Go down 
+17
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Damien Solta
Wargod
thejokeriv
Lurideath
MetalGuy71
Invader
nevermore
EvyMetal
TheGooch
iamrockerfun
sovdat
DallasBlack
ultmetal
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The best concerts of 2007 Empty
PostSubject: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:44 am

Well, the year is almost at a close. What are some of the best concerts you've seen this year? Anything good?

My fave shows have been:

1. Nightwish (I just caught them live last week and my booty was kicked all over that place. Concert of the year for me)

2. Leaves' Eyes (I got to meet Alexander Krull and Liv Kristine - that was cool. Plus the show just kicked ASS!)

3. Kamelot (great stage presence)

4. Shadows Fall (This show actually turned me into a fan. I wasn't a fan before and had came to see another band. In the process I got really into these guys and picked up their new album)

5. Mathematicians (Very obscure band from New York, I caught them at a local club and was very impressed. I hadn't heard them before and ended up getting both of their cds. I met the band and they were quite cool.)

6. Lacuna Coil (My interest in this band is fading, but they put on a pretty good show)

7. Paradise Lost

8. Leiahdorus (A local synthwave band here in Albuquerque produced by Joey Belville of the Echoing Green)

Biggest disappointment of the year:

Metal Church - they cancelled.

angry
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:02 am

I didn't go to any concerts in 2007. I suck. Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Dont feel bad,Freddy.I didnt either.I guess its part of having kids,getting old,you know the usual.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:23 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Dont feel bad,Freddy.I didnt either.I guess its part of having kids,getting old,you know the usual.

Yea, I know. I kinda consider myself "retired" or at least "semi-retired" from that scene nowadays. Although when a band comes thru that I really would like to see, it sucks not to be there... still kicking myself for missing Heaven & Hell this past Summer Sad

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:29 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hey! I have kids, a job, mortgage, etc. I went to a bunch of concerts this year. 🤘

The first one that sticks out in my mind:
HEAVEN & HELL & MEGADETH!
Dio and Black Sabbath were fan-freakin'-tastic! Megadeth were equally great. Totally enjoyed this show.

TED NUGENT
Can't beat having front row tickets and back stage passes to see the Motor City Madman.

CORNERSTONE CALIFORNIA
Bloodgood, Barren Cross, Tourniquet, Recon, Glenn Kaiser, etc.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:32 am

Ult-You're just not a big loser like me Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:45 am

I have a son, but my wife stays home with him when I go to shows. She was really sad that she missed Nightwish - but such is life. She also goes out when I watch our son.

I don't think I could handle not seeing shows. I'll be going when I'm old and gray. Heck I'll probably look like Gandolf at that point.

LOL
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:55 am

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Hey! I have kids, a job, mortgage, etc. I went to a bunch of concerts this year. 🤘

Yea, but you have an excuse, you're in a band!! Smile

Maybe I should join one!! That way I can tell my wife "I have to go to (name of show), I need to see 'em cuz we're hoping to open for'em" Smile

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:17 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Ult-You're just not a big loser like me Laughing

lol!

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Don't be sad, I only went to the following concerts:

Ani Difranco
Dave Matthews Band
The John Butler Trio

I'm a damn hippy!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 pm

The only one I went to was Kamelot/Leaves' Eyes. I don't have many friends (actually none outside of Church) and I don't like going to places like that by myself (makes me feel a little like a loser). But I got tired of being a home body so I finally went to a concert by myself and had a great time and got to converse with many metalheads. Now I would like to go to MANY concerts, but I am working two jobs and trying to pay off MUCH debt so for the next year it looks like I will be limited to a few (I WANT to go see Maiden next year and I might see Opeth w/ Dream Theater). Once I get financially stable and have a "normal" work schedule then I will probably go to a show at least once a month.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 12:50 pm

KEEP IT TRUE 8 -->
: Sabbat (UK) great show in original Dreamweaver line-up
: The Exalted Piledriver
: Defender (HOL)
Other bands, which weren't so good as those three: Laaz Rockit, Diamond Head, Lethal, Destructor, ...

WACKEN 07 -->
: Overkill only 50 mins but fantastic show!
: Possessed - truly a memorable show!
: Sacred Reich
: Sabbat - this time without the org. bass player
+ Destruction, Sodom, Grave Digger, ...

VENDETTA (on MMOA festival)
VICIOUS RUMORS / AGENT STEEL

+ a bunch of little local concerts
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:04 pm

Ozzy
H&H
Tublatanka
Uriah Heep - The Sweet

i'm waitin for December's Gamma Ray w Helloween shows and that's gonna be over of '07
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 1:06 pm

I wanna be Sovdats buddy.Maybe then I could go to some good concerts
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 2:15 pm

1. Metallica ay wembley stadium
2. iron maiden at download
3. trivium at cambridge corn exchange
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:40 pm

these are the ones i went to this year:

Metal Church/Meliah Rage
Destruction/Into Eternity/Hirax
Heaven & Hell/Megadeth/Machine Head
Symphony X/Sanctity/Echoes Of Eternity
Rush
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Heaven & Hell/Alice Cooper/Queensryche
Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush

im gonna see more in the next couple months
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 3:44 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
these are the ones i went to this year:

Destruction/Into Eternity/Hirax

I flew out to Phoenix to see this one, but the stinkin' show was cancelled. GRRRR!!!! Mad

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Trouble with Confessor
Mastodon
Enslaved with Arsis and The Agonist
Ozzfest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:05 pm

Prince 7.7.07
Rollins - a couple weeks ago in Chicago
Weird Al in August
BB King, Etta James, Al Green 2 nights later
Took Auntie Saxon to see Impaler for the first time, she was not impressed (chicks!)
Crowded House in Milwaukee
Overkill for my b-day in Feb.
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:10 pm

SAUNA OPEN AIR METAL FESTIVAL
Megadeth
Dark Tranquillity
Heaven And Hell

TUSKA METAL FESTIVAL
Immortal
Emperor
Vader

And I'm going to see Motörhead in December, so that would probably be on that list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:12 pm

My one and only concert this year....

Deep Purple on 07-15

Had to see them while they were in America.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Heaven & Hell/Megadeth
Van Halen

I'll have to check my tickets stubs when I get home. I feel like I've seen more than just 2 shows this year, but I can't recall at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 6:46 pm

Heaven and Hell was by far the best to see for me!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 7:59 pm

Only 1 this year - Def Leppard, Forienger & Styx
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 8:16 pm

Doro/Vainglory

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best concerts of 2007   The best concerts of 2007 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best concerts of 2007
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next