Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...

Go down 
+2
zombiewalkin
Metal Misfit
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Empty
PostSubject: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 am

Check it out here, this is according to a French Scorpions fan site:

Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Humanitymo1
http://www.crazyscorps.com/index.php?page=site_news_show&id=133&locale=en

Does anyone know if they are still a part of Sanctuary Records?

They say it's a concept album, I hadn't heard that one. I'm really not a fan of concept albums for the most part, I feel the quality of music gets sacrificed in the name of the story, but with Child on board and with their last album sounding like them at their 80s peak, hopefully this album will deliver the goods.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:03 am

Man, I hate when bands do concept albums...especially bands that never do one in over 30 years THEN decide to try to do one...
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 2:42 pm

I feel your pain Shawn. I still havent picked up Unbreakable yet and what Ive heard off of it sounded really good! I like the artwork on the new one. I hope they do the "live in studio" type recording like they did on the last album. The overall sound was just......well.........."alive"!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 3:09 pm

Unbreakable was a return to form

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39638

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 6:30 pm

Huh ! And here I had written them off.From the sound of things, Unbreakable is worth getting ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 pm

Unbreakable is most definitely worth getting! A very solid album. Check this awesome song out:

NEW GENERATION

Personally I don't mind concept albums. Usually I find that the story is simply there. I've never really come across a concept album that I felt somehow made the music less enjoyable. But I always go for music first, so lyrics are generally secondary with me.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2007 11:00 pm

Definitely pick up Unbreakable! Very solid return!

I like concept albums if they are done well. I'll pick up the new Scorps, regardless of it is a concept disc or not.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 12:37 pm

Yes! Unbreakable is a MUST buy for Scorpions fans. IMO, it holds up to all of their classics and sounds like it could have easily been released during their 80s heyday.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2007 1:07 pm

Unbreakable was great. the idea of this one scares me.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...   Artwork & title of new Scorpions album... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artwork & title of new Scorpions album...
Page 1 of 1