Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.

Go down 
+13
7thSaviour
Metallic Blaze
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
powermacho
kmorg
tohostudios
Wargod
MetalRob331
sam
A Handful of Wayne
SlaytanicPOWER
scottmitchell74
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Empty
PostSubject: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:00 pm

New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Mr50010

I like it. Loved Downburst so i'm excited about this.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Brainstorm's on a roll, hopefully this lives up.
Back to top Go down
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:12 pm

Indeed, they have a solid sound and style. This should kick asss.

Liquid Monster was my fav from them with Soul Temptation a second.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:20 pm

I like the artwork on this one. The last album seemed promising but I was let down. I really like this band but is it me or does it seem like their albums follow almost the same patterns? Either the first or second songs always almost start off with some kind of drum intro and its almost always identicle.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:13 pm

Artwork is awesome! Hopefully the disc is just as good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Cant wait for this release. They have some gems in there catalog. I will def be purchasing this one. Downburst really grabbed me, more then any other release from these guys. It just had better swongwriting IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:17 pm

Downburst at first didn't float my boat but after numerous spins it turned out to be a very polished cd.
Highly anticipate the new one!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:28 pm

Much better than the artwork for Downburst.

I never was able to figure out what a Ninja had to do with the album and it's contents.

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

The sword was coming in a Downburst for your skull?

Metus Mortis is my sentimantal favorite but I haven't heard anything I don't like by them.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:56 pm

Can't wait! These guys have never let me down. The cover looks awesome!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 am

already a new one? these guys are fast. I'll give it a try 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:16 am

I like the fact that metal artwork is going somewhat old school again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:27 am

kmorg wrote:
I like the fact that metal artwork is going somewhat old school again.

Amen!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:53 pm

Cool cover, but I think I'm sorta over these guys. I have most of their other albums, but the last one left me sorta "meh". Nothing against them, but I think I'm just over the "power metal" genre in general.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 7:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Cool cover, but I think I'm sorta over these guys. I have most of their other albums, but the last one left me sorta "meh". Nothing against them, but I think I'm just over the "power metal" genre in general.

Power metal to me is my fav. So many amazing choruses to sing a long to...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I'm over the flowery power metal but not the heavier kind that this band produces. But I agree their last one was pretty meh.

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote :
I'm over the flowery power metal but not the heavier kind that this band produces. But I agree their last one was pretty meh.

I have to take the flower stuff in small doses but I agree that BS isn't flowery..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 5:02 am

Brainstorm was never a flowery power metal band. They have much more in common with the original power metal bands, like Metal Church, Vicious Rumors etc.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 7:54 pm

Nobody is claiming that Brainstorm is "flowery power metal". They're a right heavy band. I just don't dig on the genre anymore. Geez guys. Rolling Eyes

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 9:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Nobody is claiming that Brainstorm is "flowery power metal". They're a right heavy band. I just don't dig on the genre anymore. Geez guys. Rolling Eyes

Monty Python
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I've become quite a fan of this band and am looking forward to this release. And yes, that is one awesome album cover and a thousand times better than the last one.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:09 pm

MG, I don't think anyone was saying you called it flowery, just pointing out how BS has more to do with classic power metal.
But your monkey wears doofy glasses.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:32 pm

I love Brainstorm and thought "Downburst" was a phenominal slab o steel, so I eagerly await the arrival of this one.

And yeah - that's an awesome cover!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
MG, I don't think anyone was saying you called it flowery, just pointing out how BS has more to do with classic power metal.
But your monkey wears doofy glasses.

Ahhh, I was just feeling pissy. My thong was creeping up on me that day. And my monkey usually wears contacts. He just misplaced them on picture day.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 4:39 pm

I only noticed for the first time last week that the monkey blinks.

PostSubject: Re: New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.   New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Brainstorm artwork and album in Oct.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next