Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024

Go down 
+4
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 22, 2024 6:11 am

The Thing (1982)

John Carpenter's classic about an Antarctic research team besieged by an alien intruder capable of mimicking any living creature, causing chaos and paranoia amongst the men. Great practical effects and cast, making a film that never gets old.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 4:57 pm

"Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker" (2000)

Set in the dystopian future Gotham City of ... 2019 (haha!), the new, high tech, 21st century Batman deals with the sudden re-appearance of the Joker... who was supposed to have died years ago. There's lots of cool, futuristic cartoon carnage in this darker-than-expected sci-fi/super-hero mash up with fine voice acting as usual by the late Kevin Conroy (as the elderly, but still ornery, Bruce Wayne) and Mark Hamill (as the Joker).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 23, 2024 8:22 pm

"Robot Jox" (1990)

Stuart ("Re-Animator") Gordon directed this ambitious B-Movie set in a post-apocalyptic future, where international disputes are settled by battles between men piloting giant, heavily armed robots. The current champion "Achilles" is ready to retire from the arena, but he's forced back into the saddle for one final robo-fight against his arch rival.

The plot is comic book nonsense and its Cold War era parallels are quite dated now, but "Robot Jox" is still a fun watch thanks to its charming, cool stop-motion special effects (they don't make 'em like that anymore!) and surprisingly lavish sets and costumes for a low budget production.

The news that actor Gary Graham, who played the heroic "Achilles" in this flick, passed away yesterday inspired me to revisit this oldie but goodie. R.I.P. sir... and "Crash and Burn!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 24, 2024 5:58 pm

Monday Night Raw
NXT
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 10:52 pm

AEW Dynamite
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 3:07 pm

AEW Rampage
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 3:25 pm

Unsolved Mysteries
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 9:53 pm

Sex Next Door. A documentary following four sex workers.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2024 10:31 pm

"Religulous" (2008)

Comedian, talk show host, and avowed skeptic Bill Maher takes on religion (which he calls a "neurological disorder") in this entertaining documentary. Bill travels around the world and talks to a variety of people that represent all of the major world faiths, and eventually comes to the conclusion that they're all pretty much out of their frickin' minds.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this doc over the past couple of years and it's still an entertaining, funny, and sometimes bizarre watch. Obviously your mileage may vary depending on your level of religiosity.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 4:48 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Religulous" (2008)

Comedian, talk show host, and avowed skeptic Bill Maher takes on religion (which he calls a "neurological disorder") in this entertaining documentary. Bill travels around the world and talks to a variety of people that represent all of the major world faiths, and eventually comes to the conclusion that they're all pretty much out of their frickin' minds.
This is the 3rd or 4th time I've seen this doc over the past couple of years and it's still an entertaining, funny, and sometimes bizarre watch. Obviously your mileage may vary depending on your level of religiosity.

Love to be a fly on the wall when Maher meets his Creator. 😁

I guess he thinks nothing created everything out of nothing? That's way harder for me to believe. 🤷‍�
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2024 9:24 pm

"The Blues Brothers" (1980)

Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi's "SNL" characters made the jump to the big screen in this action packed musical extravaganza. "Jake" and "Elwood" are on a "mission from God" to raise money to save the orphanage they grew up in, so they get their old band back together for a benefit show. Mayhem manages to follow them wherever they go, encountering the state police, angry rednecks, and the Illinois Nazi party, before the film climaxes with what may be the greatest sequence of automobile destruction ever filmed. Loaded with cameos from blues, soul, and R&B legends like Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, John Lee Hooker, Cab Calloway, and more. A stone cold cult classic with a soulful, rockin' soundtrack.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 12:02 am

The NFC championship game between the Lions and 49ers.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2024 6:34 am

Metamorphosis (1990)

A scientist is Woking on an anti aging serum but when his funding is cut off, he desperately uses it on himself. At first there are positive results, but then things go badly for him, and he begins changing physically into ...well, something else. Fairly entertaining and an interesting idea, but the concept falls apart towards the end.

Sasquatch:The Legend Of Bigfoot (1976)

Pseudo documentary about a scientific expedition heading into the northern wilderness of British Columbia in search of the ever elusive cryptid called Bigfoot. This one has it all: a documentary style beginning, interspersed shots of a nature film, and even a touch of comic relief and horror. A rather tame film,that as a kid I would have loved, but find it just passable now. Maybe nostalgia to my youth and fascination with the Bigfoot craze at that time.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 6:19 am

The Initiation Of Sarah (1978)

Tv movie about a girl and her adoptive sister heading off to college and attempting to join a sorority. The one (Morgan Brittany) is popular with the snobbish sorority (led by Morgan Fairchild) , while the other (Kay Lenz) is shunned by them and invited to join a rival sorority (led by scenery chewing Shelley Winters, wearing outfits that would make Mrs. Roper jealous). Kay Lenz begins betting bullied by the snobs and starts unleashing her late net psychic powers in retaliation. Meanwhile, the house mother (Winters), A practicing witch, has plans to use the psychic girl for her own purposes. The 70s had tons of these movies back then and most were entertaining. This Carrie like film falls into the entertaining category. Being a tv movie, it's rather tame but still a fun watch.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 6:58 pm

Monday Night Raw
NXT
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2024 10:21 pm

"Meatballs" (1979)

Bill Murray (making his movie debut) and his fellow counselors at humble Camp North Star goof off, play pranks, and chase girls before leading their pint-size charges into a climactic series of contests against the hoity-toity rich kids' camp on the other side of the lake. Murray totally steals the movie and chews the scenery for all he's worth (legend has it that he ad-libbed virtually all of his character's dialogue) but otherwise this is a pretty standard, mostly plotless summer-camp comedy. It wasn't terrible, but I seem to remember thinking it was a lot funnier when I was 14.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 6:06 am

Paranormal : Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 11:12 am

007 wrote:
M*A*S*H: The Comedy That Changed Television

Watching Season One on DVD from library.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 11:39 am

So far this month, I've made it through two 4 Movie Sets gotten at 2 for $1 Pawn Shop deal.

Collection #1: "Driven To Kill"/"Mercenary For Justice"/"Today You Die"/"Kill Switch". All 4 films starred Steven Seagal and had varied levels of writing, filming, editing, and acting. I had never seen any of them. So it was about 6 hours of something new. Yippie

Collection 2: "JCVD" (Jean-Claude Van Damme)/"Lords Of The Street" (DMX & Kris Kristofferson)/"Among Dead Men" (El Rico)/"Raw Deal" (Arnold Schwarzenegger) Again, had not seen any of these before. The Arnold movie was when he was pretty young. The Jean-Claude was funny, but the jury is still out if that is intentional or not? Kristofferson was decent in his role, but way too old for casting in that character. The other one started off good, then slowly went down the crapper. Ya know, one of those projects that had money in the beginning and then it didn't.

Over all, I got my dollars worth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2024 5:58 am

Unsolved Mysteries
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 12:06 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 03, 2024 10:43 pm

"Shock 'Em Dead" (1990)

A wanna-be guitarist makes a deal with the Devil to become a six-string Rock God, and uses his newfound supernatural powers to pursue his dream girl (former XXX queen Traci Lords). This cheap, cheesy heavy metal horror/comedy (though I'm not entirely sure the comedy is intentional) doesn't have much gore but there's plenty of T&A. "Shock 'Em Dead" is crap, but at least it was entertaining crap.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 12:48 pm

More Unsolved Mysteries
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 7:15 pm

Finished another $1 4 Movie Set. This one was Airport/Airport 75/Airport 77/The Concorde- Airport 79

I think that the first one was something I saw back then, but not sure? Lots of actors/actresses from TV shows before they got that big break and lots of older has been actors/actresses getting a bit role. One actor was in all 4 with the same character, George Kennedy as "Patroni".

Another dollars' worth of wasted time that was fun.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 04, 2024 8:02 pm

Episodes of Laverne & Shirley

War Room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024   TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED ... (TV, Movies, Sports, etc.) 2024
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next