Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Empty
PostSubject: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2023 9:46 am

To celebrate 40 years of Rage, the new Rage studio album will be a double disc with one half orchestrated and the other half more traditional metal, and it's called Afterlifelines:

Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Rage110
Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Rage210

There's going to be a special 3-disc version too, with the third disc a live Summerbreeze 2023 recording.

Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Rage310
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2023 11:14 am

I figured the orchestrated stuff would be old songs but everything looks like new material. Cool beans!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2023 11:36 am

I guess it's like Speak of the Dead, but 85 minutes.

007 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2023 11:24 am

Big events are casting their (apparently equally big) shadows ahead: German metal band Rage have announced the release of their new studio album Afterlifelines for March 2024. It is a double album with a total of 21 songs, including an intro, interlude and outro. The special thing about it is that the two discs have different musical approaches: "The first CD is entitled Afterlife and consists of songs that we recorded as a trio, while the songs on the second CD Lifeline' also feature classical orchestral arrangements," explains singer and bassist Peavy Wagner.

Wagner and his two bandmates Jean Bormann (guitar) and Vassilios "Lucky" Maniatopoulos (drums) have recorded more than 94 minutes of new Rage music, including what Wagner calls a "20-minute grand finale."
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2023 1:30 pm

In the graphics posted above I counted only approximately 85 minutes. They say "more than 94 minutes". And there is a "20-minute grand finale". So maybe the song Lifelines is 19:54 and there's a mistake in the graphics, or something else doesn't add up. It could be a suite with several tracks and the extra 10 minutes is something only the Japanese get, or whatever.

Or just bad math on their part lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2023 9:12 pm

Cooool. Bring it on!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2023 5:33 pm

A new Rage album is a blind buy headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 25, 2024 8:30 pm

New RAGE video, "Under a Black Crown," hit YouTube yesterday. Sounds pretty cool...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 7:19 pm

The album is out TODAY!

And here is a new video:

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 pm

Ordered my copy last night. Now we play the Waiting Game...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 1:58 pm

My copy came yesterday. Woohoo! Of course, with it being a 2CD set, there's a lot to digest here, but so far, me likee what I've heard.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My copy came yesterday. Woohoo! Of course, with it being a 2CD set, there's a lot to digest here, but so far, me likee what I've heard.

Waiting for my copy in the mail.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2024 11:12 am

I usually avoid listening to the entire album before my physical copy is here, but i still did check a couple of samples.

This one is awesome:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)   Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rage - Afterlifelines (2CD)
Page 1 of 1