Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 12:59 am

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 10:17 am

I'd like to see this.

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 2:21 pm

Cooool. Will def keep an eye out for this!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 3:02 pm

(IMHDO) Mikey wearing the thug ensemble @ 60 is totally believable. Laughing very hard

Aside from that, the doc sounds very interesting.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 4:27 pm

James B. wrote:
(IMHDO) Mikey wearing the thug ensemble @ 60 is totally believable. Laughing very hard  

Aside from that, the doc sounds very interesting.

At this point the outfit is his trademark. His fans expect it. I’m not saying Mike is a cholo, but the real deal old cholos still keep their look even when they’re grandparents. Same with Biker MC guys. They keep those big handlebar mustaches etc… look at Paul Sr. from OC Choppers. 

Not much different than guys like Kerry King and Rob Halford walking around with tattooed heads at ages 60 and 70+ years.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 5:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
At this point the outfit is his trademark. His fans expect it.

I get that.   You'd think the whole premise would get shot down in flames over time, or not?

Troublezone wrote:
I’m not saying Mike is a cholo, but the real deal old cholos still keep their look even when they’re grandparents.

In Mikey's case it is a gimmick.  So the rest is irrelevant. (IMHDO)

Troublezone wrote:
Same with Biker MC guys. They keep those big handlebar mustaches etc…

If they are actual MC types and still kickin', they deserve to sport that style.

Troublezone wrote:
look at Paul Sr. from OC Choppers. 
Laughing very hard  you include this clown with actual MC guys.   Not your best example TZ  cheers

Troublezone wrote:
Not much different than guys like Kerry King and Rob Halford walking around with tattooed heads at ages 60 and 70+ years.

If you are 60-70 and have ink from decades ago, what choice do you have but to get surgery, wear a hat, grow the hair back (if possible), or get it filled in.
Applying it to being the same as Mikey is a big stretch.  I doubt Mikey walks around looking like that unless it is before a show or some public appearance/promotional thing.  I could be wrong.   It just makes it more wierd if he did. (IMHDO)

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 12, 2023 7:04 pm

The Paul Sr. comparison was just for an example of the mustache style. I know he’s a poser! 

I don’t think Muir wears the bandanna constantly… but I do think he wears it (on and off) stage. He was raised in Venice, California. Lots of Mexican gang influences. He likes the look. 

Does he go to bed or shower in a bandanna? I highly doubt it! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 2:19 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I don’t think Muir wears the bandanna constantly… but I do think he wears it (on and off) stage. He was raised in Venice, California. Lots of Mexican gang influences.

It really does not matter.
His older brother was a Z-Boy and Jay Adams may have influenced Mikey's style, who knows?

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2023 5:15 pm

James B. wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I don’t think Muir wears the bandanna constantly… but I do think he wears it (on and off) stage. He was raised in Venice, California. Lots of Mexican gang influences.

It really does not matter.
His older brother was a Z-Boy and Jay Adams may have influenced Mikey's style, who knows?

That’s correct. Jay Adams brought the Latino style to the Z-boys. Although not all of them wore it. Jim Muir likely did (and in return, his younger brother Mike).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary    Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Suicidal Tendencies documentary
Page 1 of 1