Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Overkill song “Wicked Place”

Go down 
+9
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
progrickey
haiduk
Lurideath
Lari
Gilbert
Troublezone
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Empty
PostSubject: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 8:15 pm

Here’s a taste of the new upcoming Overkill album. It kinda has that “Spiritual Void” Sabbath thing going on. And that’s what I like! headbanger

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2022 10:58 pm

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 6:34 am

Looking forward to this one.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 11:55 am

I like Overkill but I am way behind. The last one I own is Killbox 13 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It was very groovy. But I should give them another chance. Give me one post-KB13 album that's worth getting into.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:02 pm

Lari wrote:
I like Overkill but I am way behind. The last one I own is Killbox 13 Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

It was very groovy. But I should give them another chance. Give me one post-KB13 album that's worth getting into.

Ironbound

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 12:21 pm

007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Ironbound

I ordered a second hand copy. Together with Metal Church - Live (also second hand).
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 1:28 pm

If you didn’t like Killbox 13, you may just not like Overkill. They have always had a bit of groove.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 4:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
If you didn’t like Killbox 13, you may just not like Overkill. They have always had a bit of groove.
I love Taking Over, Under the Influence, The Years of Decay, Horrorscope...

Groove is not a curse word. Killbox 13 also had some real killer tunes. Like the opener, Devil by the Tail. It has a crushing riff that comes in the b-part. I love it.

As an album it's not quite up to the level of the ones I mentioned earlier, but it's good.

The problem never was Overkill. The problem was the usual - too many other bands that are super interesting. And so little time to listen to them all.

haiduk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2022 8:14 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I love Taking Over, Under the Influence, The Years of Decay, Horrorscope...

Groove is not a curse word. Killbox 13 also had some real killer tunes. Like the opener, Devil by the Tail. It has a crushing riff that comes in the b-part. I love it.

As an album it's not quite up to the level of the ones I mentioned earlier, but it's good.

The problem never was Overkill. The problem was the usual - too many other bands that are super interesting. And so little time to listen to them all.

Okay. For a second I thought you were clueless. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2022 7:35 pm

I loved their earlier albums too and the past few albums have been sub-par to me. Killbox 13 was horrible. I would say Ironbound is a good album though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 4:07 am

My top 4 Overkill albums are:

Taking Over
Under the Influence
The Years of Decay
Horrorscope

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2022 10:48 am

Lari wrote:
007 wrote:
Lari wrote:

Ironbound

I ordered a second hand copy. Together with Metal Church - Live (also second hand).

Both are great albums headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
haiduk
Metal novice
Metal novice
haiduk

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Been really getting into Overkill lately, even though I've known about them forever.

Favorite album might be Killbox 13 even though I only like 3 songs off it so far. Songs 1, 4 & 6. The production and tightness of the riffs is amazing.

After that, Horrorscope, which is a more consistent album.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 12:03 pm

The Ironbound CD I got is autographed by the entire band. Just noticed. Very cool. It was not mentioned in the listing. The band members all signed their respective photos in the booklet.

I was just casually playing this today and went through the booklet.
Back to top Go down
progrickey
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 8:50 am

I have the new album on pre-order. Definitely looking forward to it. I personally do not dislike any Overkill album.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 2:14 pm

Last edited by Gilbert on Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 2:52 pm

But it's the same song
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2023 5:29 pm

Lari wrote:
But it's the same song

My bad. I accidentally typed " new song".

Edited my post.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2023 8:51 am

Can’t go wrong with Overkill!

I’m still loving this riff.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Apr 05, 2023 12:09 pm

progrickey wrote:
I have the new album on pre-order.

Same.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 10:58 pm

Another new song. The title track “Scorched”.

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 8:42 am

^^ I am lovin' that title track, I wish I had bought this CD on Friday instead of the new Metallica. Now Overkill is gonna have to wait till the end of the month. I chose poorly! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 9:03 am

The new album is excellent and far, far better than the new Metallica.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2023 12:25 pm

I am receiving my copy along with the new Metallica by mid next week headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 2:51 pm

Just done with my first spin. Awesome album headbanger headbanger .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Overkill song “Wicked Place”   New Overkill song “Wicked Place” Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Overkill song “Wicked Place”
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next